1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

History of Clutchcity.net April Fools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by firecat, Apr 1, 2004.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I believe there was one about Cynthia Cooper or whoever the **** signing a 10 day contract with the Rockets.

2. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

This just made my day. :)

The best one was when he changed it to the spurs site b/c back then I was a casual user and didnt come here much and just happened to come on april 1st it was a good couple of months before I came back and over a year before I realized that that was an April Fools joke.

3. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

That one was funny. All of them have been funny actually.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I fall for all of them.. at least for a few minutes. I always forget that it's April Fools, even if I think of it on the 31st and tell myself to be ready to look for it. Clutch does a great job! :p

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think it was Swoopes. That was the same year as the Rudy leaving for Michigan joke...the first and only one that I have ever fallen for.

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

wasnt there a link of pages to show the jokes? im trying to find it but i cant :(

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

8. spence99

spence99 Member

The one with Rudy stepping down because he and Barkley were fighting got me. I was pissed! Then I read the article and started cracking up reading about Kevin Willis breaking into tears upon hearing the news. I still laugh to this day imagining that.

9. Agent27

Agent27 Member

April 1, 2002 : Francis Rips Houston, Wants to Return Home to East
    April 1, 2001 : Rudy T headed to Michigan, Swoopes considering NBA stint with Rockets
    April 1, 2000 : NBA revises 50 Greatest List, removes Hakeem
    April 1, 1999: clutchcity.net: Your San Antonio Spurs Fan Information Source
    April 1, 1998: Report: Olajuwon to retire, may follow Drexler to UH
    April 1, 1997: Tomjanovich, Rockets set to part ways

10. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

ESBN......:D

11. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

This part is the best of all... yet to think, most of us actually miss Cato right now. :(

Medical Report has Rockets execs worried
    Posted: April 1, 2000 8:22 AM
    Fearing the worst, Kelvin Cato underwent an MRI, a brainscan, a series of blood tests and an enema Saturday night, and a team of doctors confirmed: He has no pulse and little chance of revival. "He's alive and doing fine," said one team physician. "But his heart doesn't pump and his blood doesn't flow. It's like he's lifeless out there." Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one doctor said his medical analysis classifies him as a dead tree.

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

The get Riddy of Rudy line was classic. The 50 greatest players got me too.