1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historic North Korea/South Korea Meeting - Trump Peace Prize?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Senator

Senator Member

https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick

So much hush money has been paid out... and considering this was 2 decades before metoo, you're not getting anywhere close to the entire story.

Bill Clinton's rape style is pretty textbook, do the deed, intimidate into silence, float the status quo then put on your sunglasses and walk out of the room like you're on CSI. Hopefully you understand that what he does too many, many women is wrong and not acceptable because he's on your team.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, Trump lies so much that it is a toss up what to believe.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

@RocketsLegend is going to be really conflicted about this one. I think this means Shapiro is now the enemy.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yeah. Nor do I think that Bush invaded Iraq to "stimulate the economy."

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No peace price award forthcoming, but maybe he can get one of these.

[​IMG]

6. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

7. biff17

biff17 Member

Name one poster who is against peace with North Korea?

There really is extreme rhetoric on both sides.

And I think we have no business being the arbiters of who should have nuclear weapons.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Shapiro has always been very critical of Trump. This isn’t anything new from him.

Also with Shapiro I disagree with many of the things he says, but he has logic behind his points and I do list to his point of views. Everyone should at least try to listen to him and understand his logic even if you can’t agree with him.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Shapiro is smug and after listening to him for awhile, his reasoning and "performance" is extremely predictable (and not terribly insightful) but he has criticized Trump in the past, and he isn't the candidate that Shapiro. I suspect 10-15 years from now Shapiro will have a very negative view of Trump.

Harrisment likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don’t know if people are against peace, but the people who don’t like Trump are hypercritical of him holding talks with Kim and everything that does or does not come out of the talks.

Maybe a comparable situation would be Nixon having talks with China. Was holding these talks with China and pushing for a detente ultimately bad?

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You don’t have to suspect it. He already does have a very negative view of Trump.

And yeah that’s part of the reason why I get tired of him quickly is due to his smug nature (this tends to happen with people on one side of the spectrum) and inflexibility. However, if you want to understand what conservatives think and feel he is pretty good to listen to.

B-Bob, Nook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

My opinion of Shapiro too. He’s definitely more a free marketer/globalist than the current conservative zeitgeist.

14. biff17

biff17 Member

the same way that people were hypocritical when Obama said he would be open to meet with Kim during his run for president and had an issue?

Or the hypocrisy of having an issue with negotiating with Iran and actually wanting to get out of a treaty that called for actual steps toward denuclearization?

JuanValdez and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nixon, early in his first term, made secret overtures to China through National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger. Kissinger made secret trips to China in 1971 to negotiate a path to recognizing the PRC. In July of 1971, Nixon, on live TV, announced that he would go to China the following year. Nothing was done in haste and he had highly qualified people around him to both negotiate (and not only with China) and advise him on foreign policy.

I see none of this from trump. He goes off to talk to brutal dictators thinking, apparently, that it's no different than a real estate deal. It's a highly dangerous way to conduct foreign policy, in my opinion, and another example of just how dangerous trump is for the United States and our allies. He's a loose cannon, firing blanks.

Buck Turgidson and justtxyank like this.
  16. Senator

Senator Member

Keep your friends close, enemies closer. Both Kim Jong and Trump are doing this for the spectacle, neither take the other seriously for good reason. A couple of dotards putting on a show, and the American public loves talking about it. Ultimately, that's what a salesman does.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

BTW - Where was Special Envoy Rodman?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess the date didn't end up with a happy ending?

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

So before it was he’s going to give away the house and when he doesn’t he’s not a good negotiator. Let me tell you who wasn’t a good negotiator, Obama. Trump could have made NK rollover and completely submit to SK rule and you guys would have something to b**** about. It’s rediculous.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dammit Nook you’re gonna make me give up my favorite meme?