1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historic North Korea/South Korea Meeting - Trump Peace Prize?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Who was Bill Clinton raping while in office?

If you are talking about Police Super Eddie Johnson, you are mistaken. He is a politician that has no back bone and little purpose.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly the President has shown that he doesn't know how negotiations work either. Not just from this but from every other deal with which he's been involved.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Clinton hasn't been shown to have raped anyone. One woman claimed he did then withdrew her claim and said there was not even harassment. Later she came back and changed her story again.

4. Nook

Nook Member

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...orld-slams-trump-misses-obama-i-love-the-guy/

BALTIMORE – Actor Jonathan Goldsmith, best known as “The Most Interesting Man in the World” in Dos Equis ads, criticized President Trump’s job performance and said he misses former President Barack Obama.

Goldsmith visited Washington, D.C., and the Baltimore area as part of his 100-city promotional tour for Astral Tequila, a new organic tequila.

“It’s 92 proof – ‘double gold’ winner, all organic; can’t beat it,” Goldsmith said during a recent interview at Midway Liquors just outside of Baltimore in Joppa, Md.

Former House Speaker Tip O’Neill, a Democrat, and former President Ronald Reagan, a Republican, used to have drinks together at the White House on workdays after 6 p.m. Goldsmith said he doubts Democrats and Republicans will get along in the next session of Congress.

“Not if we have this president in office, they’ll never get along. He won’t allow that. I don’t think so. All he wants to do is divide and get everybody to hate each other,” Goldsmith said. “I’m a fan of inclusiveness, goodness, truth.”

Goldsmith, 80, was reportedly a surprise guest at Obama’s 50th birthday party at the White House. PJM asked Goldsmith if he’s been in contact with Obama since he left office.

“No, I haven’t, but I miss him,” Goldsmith said. “He’s a very special human being, I think, and I think he’s done a lot of good for this country and brought a lot of people together. I think he’s a visionary and he’s a gentleman. He’s certainly inclusive. I love the guy.”

Goldsmith, the former spokesman for Dos Equis, shared his reaction to the midterm election results.

“I’m glad that the House was finally taken over and I hope that we find some truth and an end to this investigation, and some changes hopefully will be made,” he said.

Some top Democrats have indicated that they will use their subpoena power to get Trump’s tax returns and exercise more oversight of the administration.

“I hope they do. All I want to do is see the truth come out. It’s not a matter of politics. It’s a matter of truth, you know, what’s good for the country. What’s good for the country is truth. And there are so many terrible things that are going on that I think we deserve better,” Goldsmith said.

“It’s not a Democrat or Republican thing. It’s about what’s good for the country, you know, and I think it’s a shame that so many people enable him to get away with what he’s gotten away with,” he added. “There’s no truth at all. How many thousands of lies? So, I think, it’s shocking and shameful and I think the country deserves better.”

mick fry likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He did give away too much when he made excuses for Kim being responsible for killing Otto Warmbier.

6. Nook

Nook Member

This.

It was the same with Republicans and the Iran deal or the deal with Cuba.

Politics before country.

I believe the negotiations between NK and the USA are a waste of time and have legitimized NK leadership. However, if it ends up resulting in peace and prosperity, that is a good thing. I just personally do not see it happening.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You are dangerous.

You would have been one of the comare rouge chasing after college professors in a rice paddy claiming they must die to save the peasant children.

biff17 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Gotcha!

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well I think things have gone down a symbolic path between the North and South that cannot be ignored. I’m hoping for the best.

Nook likes this.
  10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

12. HTM

HTM Member

Peace with NK is cool for them... as long as Trump doesn't achieve it. Anything and everything Trump does has to be spun in the most negative way possible.

I just want 60 + nuclear cold war stalemate to end and for a reasonable resolution. IDGAF who accomplishes it.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Symbolic path? Maybe. It is obvious that SK has no desire to fear constant war with NK and they will do what they can to smooth out those concerns within reason.

What I do know is that oppressive leadership in NK is on as solid a ground as it has been since Kim Sung took control of the county many decades ago.

Time will tell.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This is a hit piece. It's unfair because it oversimplifies the experience of the Trump Admin's negotiators. What makes someone a good negotiator? Trump clearly isn't a good one despite his apparently vast experience in the business world. It's unfair for a similar reason that attacks on Obama's lack of experience were unfair because he was clearly adept in several political areas.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i believe that talking to your adversaries is a good thing, but once again this "meeting" was nothing but a photo-op...style and appearance over substance. and trump continues to give the NK dictator legitimacy on the world stage while getting nothing in return.

why do trumpublicans seem to think that you cant be both critical of the brutal, oppressive NK regime AND seek to have peace?

why do yall like trump constantly kissing kims ass and telling us what a great guy he is when we know he isnt?

on a larger note, why do trumpublicans like him cozying up to brutal authoritarians all over the world like kim, putin, duarte and MBS while constantly fighting with our long-standing democratic allies like canada, australia and germany? dont yall see something seriously wrong with that?

i bet if it was obama you would.

16. dmoneybangbang

I think it’s more about Trump thinking flattery is a sound geopolitical strategy.

Clinton was rightfully panned by conservatives with her actual reset button, likewise thinking the “Art of the Deal” would be a good way to negotiate with Putin and Kim is panned.

17. dmoneybangbang

How the hell did you get that? Democrats are tired of Trump’s over promising and under delivering.

Do you like watching Trump publically flatter a muderous dictator and not got much of anything out of it?

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I kept having to look at the twitter account...

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It's definitely not a hit piece. It's a simple observation of the difference in experience between the two negotiating parties. You can say people that bring strengths in other areas, but have little experience with North Korea, might bring fresh ideas to the negotiating table, but is that really the case here? Mulvaney? Really? Do you really think Trump's team was deliberately assembled to advance clear-eyed, forward-looking goals or is it a hodgepodge of people whose main qualification is complete acquiescence to Trump's vain desires and short-term political survival?

After two failed summits and zero progress towards denuclearization, we can ask why there aren't more experienced hands working on this. We can ask why so few people are part of the process. Is it about boldness and status-quo busting or does Trump only want to be surrounded by people, however unqualified, who tell him "yes." How many more cabinet members and advisors does he have to send to the cornfield to make the answer clear?

[​IMG]

TheFreak likes this.