1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Historic North Korea/South Korea Meeting - Trump Peace Prize?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 30, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

Better start shining it.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes, former President Obama would like you to shine his Nobel Peace prize. But don't let trump see it, he will get jelly...

3. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and Amiga like this.
  4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

North Koreans ‘Love’ Kim Jong Un, President Tells ABC
    “His country does love him... His people, you see the fervor. They have a great fervor... I can only tell you from my experience, and I met him, I’ve spoken with him, and I’ve met him... I do trust him, yeah”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-says-north-koreans-love-kim-jong-un

Atrocities Under Kim Jong-un: Indoctrination, Prison Gulags, Executions
    Mr. Kim rules with extreme brutality, making his nation among the worst human rights violators in the world.

In North Korea, these crimes “entail extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortions and other sexual violence, persecution on political, religious, racial and gender grounds, the forcible transfer of populations, the enforced disappearance of persons and the inhumane act of knowingly causing prolonged starvation,” concluded a 2014 United Nations report that examined North Korea.

Here are some of the atrocities that have happened there.

Prisoners are starved, forced to work, tortured and raped. Reproductive rights are denied through forced abortions and infanticide. Some are executed — sometimes in public. Hundreds of thousands of political prisoners have died in the camps over the past 50 years, the United Nations report found.
    Mr. Kim’s enemies, and family, have been executed
    Since Mr. Kim assumed power in 2011, taking over from his father, Kim Jong-il, he has consolidated his power through executions. In the first six years as leader, he has ordered the executions of at least 340 people, according to the Institute for National Security Strategy, a think tank arm of the National Intelligence Service.

In 2016, Kim Yong-jin, the deputy premier for education, was killed in front of a firing squad after showing “disrespectful posture” in a meeting. Hyon Yong-chol, a general over the armed forces, fell asleep in a meeting. He was executed with an antiaircraft gun.

Family is also not off limits. One of Mr. Kim’s uncles, Jang Song-thaek, was convicted of treason. He was then executed with antiaircraft machine guns, and his body incinerated with flamethrowers.

Kim Jong-nam, the estranged brother of the North Korean leader, was killed last year in a very public way: near a check-in counter at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia. Two women were seen on security cameras walking up to him and rubbing a substance on his face — a chemical warfare agent known as VX, the United States later determined.

Kim Jong-nam was dead within minutes. The women were arrested, but the United States said evidence showed that North Korea was responsible for the attack.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/world/asia/north-korea-human-rights.html

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are plenty of people in Russia who to this day swear that Uncle Joe Stalin was a great guy and everything that happened with the great purge and all the terror that happened afterwords was someone else's fault.

It's called indoctrination, Donnie. I'm ashamed that the President of the USA doesn't understand basic Cold War cult of personality stuff that most of the people he went to high school with could have explained to him.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He did nothing but start wars. He should have it taken away and given to Trump.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So classy...

8. NewRoxFan

lol...

No Worries likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And what war did he start?

11. NewRoxFan

trump's own secretary of state...

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

The Dems are announcing what they expect Trump should do while over there.
    [​IMG]

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Were you asleep for 8 years?

14. NewRoxFan

Struggled whether to post this under the "putin's idiot" thread or this one... mind you, this is the president who doesn't listen to or goes against and insults his own intelligence community.

Russia says US asked for advice on dealing with North Korea
    https://thehill.com/policy/internat...-asked-for-advice-on-dealing-with-north-korea

Nook likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Who said Korea would have been unified under SK rule by now?

Please show me where anyone has made this claim.

16. HTM

HTM Member

"North Korean leadership was on very precarious footing before Donald Trump decided to get involved."

"The reality is that the North Korean government was on it's last leg when Trump took office and now it is the most stable it has been since Jong-il passed away. We will not see the fall of the oppressive government in North Korea anytime soon and that is because of Trump legitimizing their rule."

"No, North Korean leadership was certainly on it's last leg."

"I will only point out that there was/is lots of evidence that North Korea was on its last leg. If you care to do the research, you will find it."

"Korea very well would have been unified under SK rule"

Brutal 3 minutes going through your ignorant and fantastical posts again.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Can you read? Please show me where I said that NK would be governed by SK by now?

You cannot, because I never said it and you decided to assume **** yet again.

18. HTM

HTM Member

"Korea very well would have been unified under SK rule"

19. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... I never said that they would have by now.... You know that though.

20. HTM

HTM Member

You said: [but for Trump] "Korea very well would have been unified under SK rule"

I said: Your analysis that "but for Trump" Korea would have been unified under SK rule by now is just absolute fantasy.

and then you condescendingly ask me to "show you where anyone said that" - you literally said that on page 33.

Amazing. :rolleyes: