1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historians rank President Obama...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 17, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Honestly, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. As if you would bring up politics in a job interview. Wow, I mean, just wow- that's really moronic.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

#FakeNews

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There are other tell signs such as "I've NEVER met a liberal engineer". Now, i'll admit that engineers have more conservatives than political science or any other social science major but the split is closer 50/50 rather than 100/0.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Sigh, most interviews are now the targeted selection type. You will probably be questioned about real world experiences. When have you been in "this" situation? How did you respond? and what was the outcome? If your only experiences in life are from liberal college activities, you may have a tough time getting hired. Experience people can easily see through bullcrap. Now if you are in Massachusetts, things may be different, I live on the Gulf Coast. Politics down here are much different than they are in your neck of the woods. I have been on the interview team to hire dozens of engineers and I can tell you it is easy to pick out the ones who couldn't pour water put of a boot if the instructions were on the heel.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

Lol, if your only experience in life is liberal college indoctrination, you will have a tough time in a targeted selection interview with experienced people who have actually worked for a living. Sorry to break that news to you.

6. fchowd0311

Seeing as most engineering grads right out of college have at most 1 year of internship/co-op experience, then pretty much every engineering grad will face the same dilemma and thus the profession that is known as engineering will cease to exist.

And how does liberal activism have anything to do with my ****ing degree? Do liberal activists take over my Heat transfer and Dynamic systems classes?

Do you seriously have a STEM degree? Because you are giving horrible advice based in **** premises.

No Worries likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

SO I guess we will have no more future engineers.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This whole argument about credentials is dumb.

FYI.

No Worries likes this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

If you are really an engineering student (I do have my doubts), you will probably go through an internship at some time or another. Getting an internship is much easier than a real job. A lot of the questions you will receive in an interview will be centered around taking charge in a given situation(strange thing but companies actually like people who can be leaders). If the only time you actually took charge was being the leader of your schools fill in the blank liberal group, guess what that may count against you. My advice is to keep the experiences your share in a targeted selection interview to your time as an intern. If you share what you did in school as a leader, your politics may shine through much brighter than you ever imagined.

10. fchowd0311

I still don't get your premise. EVERY engineering student would have to go through the same process as they all have to attend accredited engineering 'libtard' schools.

Almost every engineering student I know joins engineering related clubs such has SAE. WTF are you talking about?

Mr. Industry expert( I have my doubts), should I address my Marine infantry experience as a fire team leader? Would that help?

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Military experience would help quite a bit. I have actually sat in on an interview where a question was asked about taking charge of a given situation where the persons answered about a time they led and organized a liberal protest in their community. They did not get hired.

The point is, in my experience, you are better of being more to the right of center in answering these targeted selection question than to the left. It is best to answer in a way that your politics do not shine through. It may be tougher than you think because these types of questions put you on the spot and cause you to have to think quickly In these types of interviews to avoid awkward long pauses while you think. The first answer that comes to your mind may not be the best one to get you the job. That being said, my experience is 100% on the gulf coast. Things may be different in your neck of the woods.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Liberal college indoctrination doesn't exist you idiot. It's a complete myth. The reason more college graduates are liberal is because liberal people are more likely to go to college in the first place. Not college's fault that republicans aren't obtaining higher education.

No Worries likes this.
  13. cml750

cml750 Member

BTW, I do thank your for your service. It is hard to believe you went through the military and still hold the political views you do.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

Example A of an indoctrinated person. The name calling is one of the first tell tell signs. It is truly sad.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Because they sacrifice taste for "health" but are still very unhealthy.

16. fchowd0311

It's insane that you believe service members are hiveminds.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Example A of an imbecile. You have no proof that college indoctrination is a common thing yet talk about it as if it were fact.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

My father was a process engineer for 30 years after BS, MS and MBA and was unambiguously liberal.

#98 Dairy Ashford, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

That is all a matter of opinion. I prefer DIet Dr. Pepper to any sugar drink. I do agree they are not healthy but they are much healthier than regular soft drinks.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

Good for him. I obviously have never worked with him.