1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hinrich, why not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dartherus, Nov 18, 2010.

1. dartherus

dartherus Member

Neither Aaron Brooks or Lowry are starting material PG, AB is good in offense, but lacks D, court vision and BB IQ in general...he could be good as sparkplug off the bench....

Lowry, decent D and playmaking, but can't shoot, so he's floated...

Think about it.....Why not getting Hinrich ASAP?

Hinrich has Baskebtall IQ, court vision, shooting... and is a more than decent at D.

Hinrich found Rose in the Bulls, so he was relegated to Bench and played SG a lot of minutes....his performance went down....

In the Wizards he was supposed to have minutes at PG again... but then Wizards get Wall....and again the same situation.... relegated....

Hinrich is at his lowest trade value, because of such situations and his high salary....it would be easy to get him giving up Jeffries+JT and little else as sweetner(perhaps a 2nd round pick or perhaps even nothinh)...Battier for Hinrich could also work without other players involved....

Analyze....Hinrich has talent (his contract and his nomitation to a former Dream Team were because of that)....a lot of unhappy events (problems in the bulls, the arrival of Rose, being behind Wall at the wizards) have him with his confidence plummeted.....

However, in the rockets he could be reborn...and fill a very urgent need for the team A TRUE PG, who could be good in both ways O and D....

Why not trying it? specially knowing that it's likely that Brooks or Lowry could be traded?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sure, why not.

This is the kind of trade that is probably do able.

How about:

Lowry + Clips 2nd rounder for Hinrich?

This would give us a defensive minded PG that is also a threat to shoot the ball from deep.

And Ish can handle the backup roles until AB is back.

Unfortunatly, we can't trade Kyle until Dec 15th, and he has to ACCEPT the trade, which he might not do.

Thanks to the "No extensions policy" of DM the GM.

DD

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I can almost guarantee that Lowry would reject that trade. If he's upset that he can't get a fair shot at the starting PG job behind Brooks, how do you think he'd like playing behind John Wall for the next four years?

But you know I'm a Hinrich guy.

By the way, I actually think Hinrich's value has gone UP since this summer (and OP, he was acquired immediately AFTER the Wizards selected John Wall). He has had a major role in the Wizards' relative success (yes, I said relative) and is viewed as a nice mentor for Wall. So, it's definitely not a given that the Wizards would look to "dump" Kirk on another team.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

would love Hinrich....

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

honestly, I want Hinrich as our PG..

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If we had Hinrich, I would be much more flexible in my AB off the bench situation.

Bima,

How is the Wizard's cap situation?

Would giving them some relief be of any help, we have a lot of expirings?

Also, when is Hinrich's contract up?

Also, the way you get Lowry to accept the trade is to tell him that Ish is going to be the primary backup and he would only play in case of injury....

;)

DD

8. dartherus

dartherus Member

Thx for the info.....well, if it's more difficult, then FO could USE SOME OF THE TONS OF ASSETS if needed... to make it happen....

what good are so many assets if you keep losing games without using them?

IMO, getting a starting caliber PG is one of the most (if not the most) urgent need of the team.....

IMO, trading for Iggy and for Hinrich, using all the assets needed to make them happen, would change the outlook of the team dramatically....

The perimeter D would be improved, without harming the offense potential (in fact, perhaps also improving the OF, due to the BBIQ of Hinrich and Iggy)...don't you think?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Great. Just what we need. A useless trade. :rolleyes:

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Gee, KH fits the Wiz to a 'T' and the Wiz (presumably) are desperately in love with the idea of moving Agent Zippo. Thus, they'll consider keeping Cap'n Kirk?

Next.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He's taller than Brooks, plays some D, is a steadier hand than our current group of PGs....

Seems he has problems staying healthy, small nagging injuries each year. Which would make him perfect for the Rockets. Why break precedent?

12. vick

vick Member

We have to many average players now, wait for star or blow up team. :eek:

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Every year we call for Hinrich. Maybe it'll happen this year... Kyle might ok the trade, since there's more honor in backing up DRose than in backing up Ishmael Smith-- which he's going to wind up doing, the way he's been playing.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ahh, it's good to see that lesser pigmentation STILL trumps Aaron Brooks, Reigning MIP and future alpha dog franchise player in the DD pecking order.

Same old DD.

1 person likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I never understood the love affair with Hinrich. I watched alot of Bulls games when Kirk was actually relevant and he is not the shooter everyone thinks he is.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I have always like Hinrich, a decent hard nosed PG that can shoot the ball.

He is one of those 2 way players that we are missing so much, and he fits in with Yao, in case he is ever healthy again.

While he may not be perfect, this is the kind of low risk trade that could have a major impact.

DD

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, that's right. On top of that, he rarely attacks the basket. That's what we need, another player who can't create.

18. BimaThug

Supporting Member

The Wizards should have SOME cap room next summer (depending on the new CBA), although it may not be much, especially if they want to bring back Josh Howard. But honestly, what does it matter? Is there any star player out there who actually WANTS to play in Washington next summer? I know Wall is a stud, but I doubt any major free agents are dying to wait around for Wall to fully realize his potential.

Hinrich makes $9M this season and then $8M next year. His contract runs until 2012.

If the Wizards get it in their head that they can become major players in free agency next summer, maybe they look to trade Hinrich for expirings and picks. But the price is probably higher than Morey would want to pay. Especially when Hinrich himself is already making $8-9M this year and next.

19. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

im just wondering, but isnt hinrich doing pretty good in washington?

20. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Hinrich is a subpar mid-range shooter. However, his career 3P% is pretty good. He'd be ideal for playing off a big man like Yao.

(Man, if Aaron Brooks just had Hinrich's defensive chops, I'd be a happy guy.)