1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary throwing it down in Houston - calls for universal, automatic voter registration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jun 5, 2015.

1. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

lol if you think Hilary actually believes this. It's just one of many thousand more fake promises (like Obama made) to trick you into voting for her. She's a neocon like John McCain in everything but name.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That's unfortunate but I'm not going to build a monument to it. Perhaps some other safeguards are imaginable? Like renewal of voting right. I'm against the Democratic driven hustle of rounding up every eligible voter and having the Democrats unduly influence voting behavior. Surely you can't be FOR that?

#62 giddyup, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  3. giddyup

And voters have a window of a couple of weeks to drop an absentee ballot into a mailbox at any point 24 hours a day.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Just like it works for any other holiday, time and a half or double time.

5. GladiatoRowdy

Double post.

#65 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  6. GladiatoRowdy

Double post.

#66 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. GladiatoRowdy

Bullsh!t and bullsh!t.

I don't believe for a second that you don't consume conservative media (the source of which is the bullsh!t mountain called Fox), in large part because you actually believe that any Democrat's goal is to hook immigrants on entitlements, thus buying votes.

8. Major

Major Member

How are Democrats unduly influencing voter behavior? And voter registration is simply a technical process - if you want to actually vote, you still have to put in the effort. Being registered just makes it possible.

None of the new laws passed make it easier to vote, nor do they actually prevent fraud according to all the data. I think the real question is why do want to make it more expensive and complicated for people who do want to vote to actually do so? What is the benefit to that?

9. giddyup

I worked with a guy for awhile. He had lost everything through addictive behavior and my boss was giving him a second chance. Nice guy. He had one of those free Obama phones and he said he got bombarded with leftward-leaning political messages on it.

Automatically registering voters devalues voting. If someone doesn't care enough to get it done on their own and then get a vote cast through any number of channels on their own, then their vote is causal and up for auction in all likelihood.

Don't Republicans focus on likely voters, while Democrats focus on un-registered voters? Isn't that telling?

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

What is an Obama phone?

Be sure to think carefully and consider fact vs fiction before you answer.

11. giddyup

According to his report of the messages received it was an Obamaphone; it was in his pocket when he told me this-- not some six year old reconstructed, deconstructed tale. He said he got those kinds of messages "all the time."

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So what? You're like the king of irrelevant BS.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

His Obamaphone?

Geezus.

Where do you go when you don't like the democrats but don't want to be associated with the pile of stupid on the right?

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Obamaphones have so much bloatware you can't delete: Abortion Clinic Findr, Nairobi+, Death Panel Alerts...

1 person likes this.
  15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

First of all, "Obama phones" are a stupid catch phrase. That whole program was established in 1996 via the universal service fund which was part of the Republican supported Telecommunications Act of 1996 that deregulated the phone and broadband industries. It would be just as appropriate to call them Clinton phones or Gingrich phones since both of them have far more to do with the USF than President Obama. And are you stupid enough to think that the FCC is sending propaganda to USF phones? Never mind that unsolicited text messages to cell phones are illegal or that if this were true, Republicans would be having a field day in the media.

Frankly I think you just made that story up because its that absurd. And even if your "coworker" actually said that, the fact that you believe this wonderful tall tale really speaks volumes about your partisanship blinding your common sense.

16. giddyup

Troll much? He said it. The messages he got regularly were political in nature. This was just a couple of months ago. I don't give a **** what you think or believe but I think you should be careful about what you accuse people of...

17. giddyup

Look, it was his term. He not referring to the funding but to the messaging. Stop being so haughty.

It's Jesus, not Geezus... ;)

18. giddyup

Thought they didn't run commercials on public communications....

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

giddy's been doing it for years. Best to ignore him.

20. giddyup

FY, mcmark you lying sack of ****. Haven't been around for awhile and didn't miss it... now I remember why. Adios.