1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton 'Playing the Woman's Card'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's going to make for a great commercial if the Donald whens the nom. Nom Nom Nom!

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, I am not a supporter of Donald Trump myself and I have never for a split second ever thought he was likely to win the Republican nomination. However, I do think he is performing a useful service by confronting and defying the expectation of political correctness within the context of a campaign for president and also for calling out Hillary on "Playing the Woman's Card."

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's also doing a service by proving at least 40% of Republicans are total morons.

I've said for years the national Republican party is complete trash. Trump's useful service is making that plain to everyone.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Hahaha. Tell us what you really think. {sarcasm}

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I love how being anti-pc today is pretty much being obnoxious and being dick.

Good for you. You are not ashamed of being a dick. Bravo.

1 person likes this.
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

FIFY

If you want to see some pretty good illustrations of this phenomenon, watch this season's 'Southpark'. It is largely dedicated to that and does it very well.

7. fchowd0311

South Park is hilarious but learn to form your own opinions.

1 person likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

At least you don't dispute it.

The support for Trump is the biggest display of mass ignorance/stupidity I've seen in America during my life. Never would have thought a phenomenon like him would be possible in 2015.

Despite his recent poll numbers, I still believe Trump's candidacy will die in Iowa or NH.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Says the ageist.

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

OP:

Can you just post your article without the corny narrative at the beginning? We can all read just fine.

Your opinion is as valid as the next person's, but at least leave it at the end. We don't need to read your 2 cents as an attempt to frame our thinking before reading the content. It doesn't work that way and it appears to be a desperate attempt to convince us that your (mis)logic is accurate. Don't even get me started on your idea of "morality."

Be fair. Post your stuff and then discuss.

Anyway, you know that The Donald has always held women in poor regard. I don't blame Hillary for bringing it up. Donald takes every chance to belittle women as intellectually inferior, even when they're on the same party lines. The way he treated Carly was atrocious, especially when she is an obviously intelligent woman.

I'm not a republican, but I am a feminist and I find it incredibly offensive that certain politicians continue to portray women in politics as voiceless imbeciles. And, yes, that comes mostly from the fringe right.

Ridiculing Hilary for standing by Bill during their martial problems is a joke. I see it as a strong woman willing to work through a tough problem to keep a family together, regardless of the fringe right claiming it was to keep her relevancy going. If you've experienced divorce or a broken family, the ability to remain civil for your children and working on your relationship is commendable, IMO. People tend to criticize her for not leaving Bill, instead of looking at the situation more broadly, in the sense that the EASY way out would have been to leave. She didn't, but yet, you and your homies want to crucify her for loyalty. Or, let's be honest, you hate that a WOMAN is far more refined and intelligent than the leading republican candidate. Just admit it already.

I'm not claiming Bill is innocent, nor am I claiming that Hillary doesn't have her personal demons like the rest of us. But, Trump does love demonizing her for being a wife, a woman and a person who both women and men admire for her intelligence, focus on healthcare and equality related to social issues. Can you say that about Trump? Nah,but you can talk about his TV shows and his beautiful towers. I stayed in one recently, but it doesn't make me think he's qualified to manage a country.

And, if you are truly fair, you would admit that Donald has an issue with women in power, women who are intellectually superior than he is and women who can go toe to toe with any and every point he attempts to bring to the table. Wait, they're not points. They're simply his narcissistic tangents about "winning" in the polls and how poorly the myth of the liberal media treats him. He should be thankful that the cameras give him the coverage to speak 20 minutes about a wall and how Muslims are our enemy.

He is threatened by Hillary, so he uses his typical, sinister techniques of verbal abuse, and fear to gain attention. Fox News helps him right along with the Fear Factor. "Vote For Hillary and ISIS Will Destroy America".

Hillary simply responded in the way that most of the women that Donald has attacked over DECADES did. She let the world know, once again, that Donald displays sexist behavior through his remarks and treatment of women. Hell, look at how he describes his own daughter. Quite frankly, he describes women as objects and not individuals. They are pawns in his twisted billionaire lifestyle.

Donald is a great businessman, but when it comes to respecting the opposite sex, he has a great deal to learn. If he miraculously won the presidency, he would have difficulty with any sort of diplomatic relationships with female leaders because he automatically views them as intellectually inept and unqualified to be part of the world discussion. But, he fails to realize that he's never been part of ANY important worldly discussion other than his business ventures.

He can go at Bill Clinton all he wants, but Donald also has his own cheating allegations, along with documented verbal attacks on women that are horrendous. He WILL lose that game, despite what some pundits believe. He has no business even trying to discuss Bill/Hillary's marriage. It has nothing to do with the presidency. If he wants to get into morals, Hillary will have a manifesto to go off of to show how poorly he behaves as a man.

There are levels to this, and Donald is only built for the topical conversations. The last debate proved it, especially when Rubio had to explain numerous concepts to him.

Call Hillary whatever you want, but you aren't a public figure. Donald is, and his voter base is tolerating his mistreatment of women along the way. I find it appalling.

You don't see Jeb, Christie, Rubio, etc doing that. Why? They don't need to use volatile language to gain approval. Trump's entire strategy is to insult his way to the top, no matter how dishonest his claims are.

It's not going to work, and if he tries to go at Hillary about her marriage and personal relationships, the world is going to see the DOG he really is.

Hillary may not even need to play this "alleged war on women card" anyway. It's one of those things that everyone already knows. As much as I dislike Rosie O'Donell (sp?), I wouldn't call her a fat pig on TV or on social media. That's a character flaw. It shows a weak man with the fear of losing.

That's not presidential material. Donald Trump isn't presidential material. He's a businessman with the demeanor of a ruthless, greedy chump with ambitions to be "right" and not "just."

Again, Hillary is not my favorite, but she will wash Donald with or without his attack on women. How does he expect to win when he's alienated Mexicans, African Americans, Muslims, Islam, Women, Media Outlets and entire cities? What kind of jacked up campaign does that?

As disconnected and dishonest as Dr. Carson is, he doesn't stoop to the same level, nor do the other candidates.

Hillary holds the cards on this one. It's chess, not checkers. Donald isn't built to go against Hillary or the women she, and democrats, respect. It's that plain and simple.

Shout out to Jeb for standing up to a coward, even if his campaign isn't doing so well. IF is last name wasn't associated with the man who destroyed a decade of America, he may be the republican frontrunner.

It's a shame to see the support that Donald gets for doing absolutely nothing positive for America. And, I think he knows his platform is non-existent, so he's going to attack Hillary for nothing related to politics.

I hope he knows what he's getting into. He's about to enter a war zone that will destroy any ambition he had to become president.

Women are arguably the most powerful voters at this point in time. If he wants their support, he better show that he actually cares about them more than the words he uses to describe women he disagrees with. His character flaws are deep and possibly too damaged to repair.

#50 Codman, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I will post what I like, how I like. If you have a problem with that, you can feel free to either 1) not read my posts, or 2) you can bite me.

LOL. Well, perhaps it is a temporary respite, but she has apparently stopped 'Playing the woman's card,' at least for now. As long as she keeps her pie-hole shut with regards to this and other political correctness related attacks, these sorts of replies to these sorts of assaults from her are likely to at least recede.

But she did start this exchange and surely she does not think that just because she is a woman she is exempt from aggressive retaliatory rhetorical responses from her political opponents during the course of a campaign for president of the United States, does she? In case she somehow did think that, she has now been disabused of that preposterous notion. And that is a good thing.

When you think of the women who have been widely regarded as great world leaders over the last 50 years, including women like Margaret Thatcher and Angela Merkel, you certainly do not remember them as having achieved status by going around 'Playing the woman's card' and getting down in the gutter with their opponents the way that Hillary has done here with Donald Trump. Compared to these great women, it is clear that Hillary Clinton really is not a very impressive person.

Hopefully, Hillary Clinton will have learned her lesson here and will conduct herself in a manner more worthy of someone running for president from now on.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL

Invent a reason to insult the other candidate.
    Insult the candidate based on the invented reasons.
    Claim victory when no one cares.
    Repeat for the next eight years.
    Repeat.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Trump continues to attack:

I hope Bill Clinton starts talking about women's issues so that voters can see what a hypocrite he is and how Hillary abused those women!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 2, 2016

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Hillary wholly embodies the Silver Tongued Devil that all Christians should be familiar with.

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

All this is related to the campaign of Hillary R. Clinton, Bill's wife:

Bill’s female 'fan club' backfires: As Hillary Clinton’s husband hits stump for the first time the women on stage behind him scowl, grimace and look like they'd rather be ANYWHERE else

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More at the link.

Someone needs to let Hillrod know that it's not working. It is probably time to send this guy out to the golf course for the rest of the campaign, or the bordello, or really just anywhere else. That and its time for Hillary to drop the "Woman's Card" and to run on her irresistible and irrefutable leadership abilities, the way that Margaret Thatcher and Angela Merkel did.

Can anyone recall a politician so deftly killing two birds with one stone as Donald Trump has done here with Hillary's central campaign pillars of 1) The Woman's Card and 2) her husband, former President Bill Clinton? He has nullified both of them in one toss.

And these are not little insignificant chirping tweety-birds. These are frigging full grown pterodactyls. These really are the two chief pillars of her campaign and she is now going to have to play both of them down.

16. fchowd0311

Man... You're really afraid of him huh?

Please! You and the rest of the conservative base keep on propagating Tumponion rhetoric. Liberals will be gracious.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

hard to find any repug that is willing to admit it

18. fchowd0311

Mojoman doesn't support Trump but supports majority of his rhetoric.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, the largest group of Trump's supporters is apparently moderate Democrats. So, maybe you might want to start your search there.

20. fchowd0311

You have to be playing a shtick. Stop trying to be like Stephen Colbert.