1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton 'Playing the Woman's Card'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 29, 2015.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

People all say this is what they want, candidates who will discuss the issues without all this drama. That's what they say, but they click on the links that have the potential for juicy story lines. The media is electing our presidents.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

In fact, it is about her and her relationship with her husband. If she were to refrain from playing 'The Woman Card' and posturing like some sort of champion for women's issues, which she isn't, there would be no reason to bring her relationship with Bill or her actions on his behalf into this.

She should be called out for her role in enabling and protecting a sexual abuser of women and now fronting her 2016 campaign with the same. Her credibility as a leader against a supposed "war on women" is non-existent. In fact, this is a weakness of hers and not a strength. Every time she attempts to invoke the 'The Woman's Card', which is of course the central pillar of the strategy for her campaign, people need to be reminded of this.

For these things she is responsible and must be held accountable. Clearly, it appears that she will be, which is good news for us all. If she thinks she can still win the race with this albatross around her neck and with the central reason for her campaign crumbled to dust, then let's see her try.

Of course the hypocritical leftist feminist types will still vote for her, because that movement was always more about liberal politics than women's rights anyway, just like the AGW alarmism movement is also. If it is otherwise, these people will shun her like the repulsive self-serving hypocrite that she is. The proof will be in the pudding.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL. You go with it. Bill Clinton has a favorability rating of 60%. One of the more popular past Presidents.

So continue to bring up women's issues as a center point of the GOP campaign. She will list out everything position and accomplishment and your candidate will talk about what... choice? contraception access? family leave? equal pay?

Knock yourself out...

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm tired of seeing the unworthy, yet entitled rich white male jackass card.

Call me when the bar is raised.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny how a chimp like GWB can become President thanks to Karl Rove and the Supreme Court majority but this wasn't a problem for you.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

Considering that you clearly don't even know what the definition of sexual abuse is, you should probably STFU. And stop trying to pretend like her championing women's rights is the reason that Bill's shenanigans are being brought up by Trump now. It was just a matter of time because Trump and others like him (like you) will stoop to as low of a level as possible if you deem it to be even slightly beneficial politically.

I can't stand Hillary Clinton and if moderate Republicans existed anymore I would vote for that Republican candidate over her in a heartbeat. But instead of producing a candidate that is actually worth a **** and appeals to independent voters, you guys would rather trot out your fear-mongering losers and bash Hillary Clinton into oblivion as your 2016 election strategy. That is exactly why the Republicans deserve to lose and I sure as hell hope that they do.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bringing up Bill Clinton could hurt Hillary in that it will rub in everyone's faces the things he had going for him that Hillary completely lacks. There is nothing at all charismatic about Hillary and she's nowhere near the politician that her husband was.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Republicans should be careful "playing the woman's card".

There are many, many under 45 year old women that can turn out in droves at the ballot box and financially support Hillary Clinton if the Republican decide to go down that road. It would be a very foolish play by the Republicans; stirring up a somewhat complacent voting block that would quite possibly swing the election in favor of Hillary.

Also, whoever is running against Hillary is not going to have a fair contest, they will be running against the greatest living politician in the world AND Hillary Clinton. Willie had been rearing up just waiting to get back in the limelight.... adjusting his diet, working out and carefully pandering to those voters his wife will need..... prepare for Bill to shoot crystal meth in his thigh and go Donkey Kong for 6 months.

As for Slick Willie's consentual carnal forays, people don't really care. The Donald cheated on his wife and has filed bankruptcy numerous times..... Ted Cruz is an effiminate homosexual that has some really striking similarities to Joseph Goebbels.

9. Nook

Nook Member

No it won't....... people already know that.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Knowing something is one thing, having it rubbed in your face is another.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Apparently Hillary has gone all silent now on the topic of Donald Trump. It appears that "The Donald" may have forced her to shut her mouth on the issue.

12. Nook

Nook Member

It will be brought up...... but she isn't running against Bill Clinton, she is running WITH Bill Clinton against extremely flawed candidates on the Republican side.

It is a huge advantage for her.... having the most popular politician in the world, in his prime; as her husband and adviser and campaigning for her.

In those closing weeks he will cover as much ground as her, and he is already vetted.

13. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO

At this point what does she gain damaging him? She WANTS Trump to be the Republican nominee.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trump is a tarbaby, why would she want to get stuck to him like all the GOP candidates when he's not running against her yet? He's already proven he will take the any publicity good or bad and say any outrageous thing he can think of just so people have to react to him.

If I were running her campaign I wouldn't even acknowledge him and only speak to the general GOP policy. The party, the party, the party. Afterall, winning the Executive is the easy part, turning Congress against the money is the long haul she would have to pull the weight on for her first 4 years.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump is falling for the rope a dope.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Terrible post with pathetic attention to facts and juvenile insults.

Trump has never filed for bankruptcy. Get your facts straight. His companies have, which you should know is a big difference.

...and seriously, you're still making gay jokes? Bro it's 2015

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She's comfortable playing with this kind of fire. Trump is one if the few people that'll make her look better as a person or a victim to meanness.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Ivanka actually told an anecdote where she and her father passed a homeless man and Trump said to her "that bum is $500 million richer than me." These are private companies he owns and runs, they're part of his net worth so asserting his bankruptcy is completely fair if not precise. The guy's probably a better contractor and developer than he is a property manager, or maybe funded projects on cash flow models he ultimately couldn't meet, which wouldn't be rare for commercial retail, lodging or gaming investor. Ultimately his biggest flaw is whatever ulterior motives he has: be it boredom, arrogance, self-promotion of his media brand. Personally I think he's got a crapload of shell companies that will be bidding on federal land auctions or mineral rights.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I would think the business record of someone running on his record as a businessman would be fair game but bigotexx's agenda rarely meets with basic logic.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great president. They are fine people. Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she's a great trooper. Her history is far from being over," he said.

That was Trump in 2008. He also praised her in 2012:

In 2012, as Obama was running for re-election, Trump called Clinton “terrific” again in an interview with Fox News, saying she performed well as Secretary of State.

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman,” he told Greta Van Susteren. “I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her.

Some of you are extremely naive in that you actually buy the horse**** that the Don is peddling. Sad.