1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton - Not Worthy of Being the First Woman President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 28, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Her being a woman is not one of the reasons I could end up voting for her. I don't think it makes that many people's top ten list of why they support a candidate, TBH.

Weird thread.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would be more agreeable with this . . . if the other candidates were 'better'
    I think Bernie is the best option
    but not by a wide wide margin
    The Republican candidates are not even close

DESERVE has nothing to do with it
    She is simply one of the best two candidates left

Rocket River

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This rationalization would have made a lot more sense if OP was talking about the primary race where you have a stable of candidates who are supposedly ideologically similar. Except this year, of course, where there was a pretty stark ideological difference between Clinton and Sanders.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I agree with OP's thread title. Hilary didn't climb the mountain, she rode on the backs of others.

She's no Condeleeza Rice, Elizabeth Warren, not even a Fiorentina. Those women reach the peak on their hard work and merits.

1 person likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya. It's like she graduated from Yale Law school, became a famous lawyer and then became a politician......

LIKE EVERY OTHER ****ING POLITICIAN WHO RUNS FOR PRESIDENT

6. JuanValdez

Implicit in this argument is this Randian ideal of worthy people pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps. Nobody with a shot at the presidency got their on their own. Sure, most of them are pretty smart, hard workers, and all that. Clinton is those things too. But everyone got a hand up too, just like she did.

7. ipaman

Of course everyone who reaches any level of success has influences and help along the way. No one is denying that.

However, no one can deny that Hilary did not hold any political title until Bill was elected as Arkansas Attorney General and she became the wife of the AG. Then she became First Lady of Arkansas. Then First Lady of United States. Then she secured her first direct political office as Senator, then as Secretary of State.

Does she reach any of those offices if she doesn't marry Bill Clinton??? I doubt it. Instead she would have been a very wealthy Patent/IP law partner who was active in politics at a grass roots organizational level.

8. JuanValdez

Only a few people are ever going to be a Senator or a President, but tens of thousands of people are probably highly qualified for the job.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can you point us to the parallel Earth where these systems are up and running and we can confirm what is otherwise wild conjecture and logical fallacy? TIA!

I can say Ted Cruz would have been a Zodiac killer if he hadn't had an Ivy bout of sympathy to admit his young self, but that still doesn't mean he isn't the Zodiac killer now. Wait, I mean...

10. ipaman

You're confused. She's currently qualified for the job, no one is disputing that.

OP, I agree, is saying it's a shame she'll be the first if she wins. Shame because her success path required so much of her being a WIFE. It's ironic, the FIRST WOMEN POTUS who got there in large part by being a WIFE. The torch bearer for WOMEN success was propelled by her role as a WIFE?!?!

Like what if Jackie Robinson was the first black player in baseball because his wealthy adopted father was the owner of the team? Would be kind of a shame/joke right? He wouldn't be no ground breaker, torch bearer. Wouldn't make him any less of a player either. He would clearly be a qualified ball player.

Do you get what we're talking about?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While it's true that she's an awful candidate and unfit to hold high office based on her past actions, I mean, she's a lot better than Trump....so if that's who she's running against then she absolutely deserves it.

12. JuanValdez

No, I still don't. Because being a wife is about important to her as Trump's millionaire father is to him. If Nancy Reagan or Barbara Bush tried like hell to be president, they still would have no shot. So I think the importance you put on her relationship to Bill is out of balance.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ok 1981, you convinced me. I won't vote for her, but please provide a viable alternative.

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The only reason why I disagree with this is that we all know that Hillary can and will do whatever benefits Hillary without any major media investigating anything she does. Hillary only cares about Hillary and the media doesn't care at all as long as she has a D by her name.

Hillary Clinton's record at politics makes her qualified to be president like Scotty Pipen's time with the Rockets makes him qualified for the Hall of Fame.

15. dback816

dback816 Member

Was it a shame that Obama wasn't 100% black? Was it a shame that he came from a family circumstance that exhibited certain stereotypes of the AA community? You have strange and unrealistic standards for women it seems, with no regards to the history of this country or its political climate.

What should the ideal first female president be like in your mind? An orphan black Jewish lesbian who put herself through Harvard and never needed no help?

Hillary chose to marry Bill, chose to support his career, chose to involve herself in politics and ultimately chose to run office herself. You don't respect any of those choices made by a real person I n the real world facing real oppositions, and instead just wants to fetishize some weird holier-than-thou caricature of what a female politician should be.

1 person likes this.
  16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Quite frankly, only a misogynist who has never been married to a proper woman would create a turd of a thread like this.

In OP's world, women are meant to be trophies, decorations on the arms of successful alpha males. Any personal ambitions beyond that are uppity, unbecoming and must be put down. Unfortunately, deprived of the love of a real woman, these folks are utterly ignorant of the existence of wonderful ladies out there who actually make their husbands successful, and are able to thrive on their own while their grateful men spectate and applaud.

But carry on. Hillary only deserves to exist for the purpose of making sandwiches for Bill and his friends after tee time.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

or like someone becoming president because his daddy ran the CIA and was president?

Rocket River

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is the stupidest thing I've read all day. You also have some ****ed up bias against working moms, working wives or something.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Right? Just an incredibly stupid analogy.

I believe that she would've likely made it to a very prominent position on her own volition as she is an incredibly bright and talented politician. Let's not forget that Bill wasn't exactly as fondly remembered as he is now back when she ran for Senate. Yes, the name recognition helped but it was also a hindrance to a certain extent.

20. ipaman

keep sucking her t***, ya'll are good at it