1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Hillary Clinton Clinches Democratic Nomination!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 6, 2016.

1. baubo

baubo Member

I'm surprised she's doing so well tonight. I expected her to win, but it's bigger than expected.

I have my misgivings about some of her baggage. But if we're going on the assumption that Republicans will always generally have a strong hold on Congress, she's probably the best person to be president from my own personal view. Bernie is someone I'd prefer if there was enough of a plurality from most of Americans towards his overall ideas.

Then again, maybe I'm just too old to fight revolutions.

2. shorerider

shorerider Member

Priorities. Jobs. Healthcare. 60,000 factories have been put out of business in this country over the last 30 years. That is not a typo - 60,000. Not jobs, actual factories.

I don't know about you, but if you lost your job and don't have enough to pay the mortgage next month and your child is in the hospital running up a 20k bill, what are you going to be more concerned with - finding a job or transgender bathrooms?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What we all need to understand is that this is a revolution. We're seeing a woman who's likely to be our next President. A woman! Women obtained the right to vote in 1920, when the 19th amendment was ratified. Here we are, nearly one hundred years later, finally witnessing a woman winning the nomination of the largest political party in America. A woman who will be the next President of the United States, in my humble opinion.

4. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

who gives a ****, its a woman one step away from indictment on felony charges and has a vast history of bad decisions and corruption...

1 person likes this.
  5. dback816

dback816 Member

I like how you think not having a job automatically gives you the right to bully others into enacting policies just for you.

6. shorerider

shorerider Member

He lost because he is not a Democrat.

7. shorerider

shorerider Member

Man that is truly a bizarre statement.

8. Major

Major Member

Ohio. Florida. North Carolina. Virginia. Over 1 million of her net vote total was from those four purple states alone - you know, the exact states where the election will be decided. Never mind places like Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Mexico, etc.

It's almost like you didn't even follow this election at all.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Fanatical Sanders supporters who don't consider themselves Democrats in the first place? No.

Democrats who supported Sanders during the primary? It won't make a difference.

#89 Rashmon, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

True, you can't reasonably vote for Trump and be a progressive, though for many Trump supporters Bernie is their second choice.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yes, yes, and yes. I touched on this in some other thread with a more disappointed voice

The Democrats are coming from a midterm/political beatdown unseen in the last 70 years because of massive frustration to a once-messianic president whom many feel then that he did nothing more but kept the lights on. That "Obama coalition" is as temperamental and periodic as El Nino and won't be a vote to rely upon. It will be a force to reckon with financially, but the support and follow through is as hollow as Liking a Facebook page on eliminating hunger in Southeast Asia.

To be fair, we encourage 20-somethings to live free and think on their own without preparing them for the simpler mundane responsibilities of life (balancing a checkbook, paying off credit cards in a sustainable manner, shopping for abstract non-linear things like insurance plans, interest rates, retirement). If you're living paycheck to paycheck with grades or promotions on the line, political activism is just one among several other non-fun responsibilities to get knocked around and learn from.

That's not even mentioning how to handle vices without ruining your life.

I don't think they are scalable either. All systems wing it.

Monkeyspehere

I also noticed in my personal search history that scalable generally means word diarrhea by me.

#91 Invisible Fan, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

:confused:
    :confused::confused::confused:

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You wanna know why u dont trust polls? Clinton has over 61% of the vote in Cali with 34% of the vote in.......leads by almost 400,000 votes..............

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Bernie Reddit page has a ton of sore losers. Really pathetic people. They talk down and demean anyone who says Hillary is better than Trump and seem to act like petulant children who won't get ice cream before diner. Talk about entitled brats. They say they aren't democrats and I'm thankful.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh yeah! If you like that 150 stuff, you should read Robin Dunbar's introduction to evolution. It's fantastic. Totally changed the way I see politics and humanity.

It's good that we have software to help us correlate these things.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bernie Sanders is just an *******. Give up....u lost. Work toward the platform agenda.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No gracious acknowledgement of Hillary's accomplishment. That's why he lost. It is all about HIM.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The most telling comparison from tonight between the sane Hillary supporters and the lunatic Berniacs is their reactions whenever both candidates mentioned each other.

Hillary mentions Bernie and his supporters? You get cheers and respect.

Bernie mentions Hillary and her supporters? You get boo's and contempt.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

She's all but won the election, barring an indictment.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What disturbed me is that he let them boo. He could have easily stopped it and didn't.