1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton 2016: Stronger Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JeffB, Aug 27, 2016.

1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of obsession about Clinton emails and still no smoking gun. The FBI, the flawed AP "research", the public info dumps are exonerating. This is Benghazi 2.0 or Whitewarer 2.0. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, but still nothing.

But I gotta hand it to the RNC and the conservative media. They keep beating that drum and making accusations to keep the story alive. The irony is having Trump of all people pointing fingers about pay to play. The way various AGs dropped the Trump University investigations is something really worth investigating.

1 person likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You almost wonder if the republican party had put forth a candidate that they (heck, anybody) liked... but no, instead, a scorched earth approach.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Republican Party has been tossing this kind of crap at the wall for 25 years to see if anything would stick. Those who have followed their assault on Hillary Clinton's character surely remember Vince Foster. The "story" was that Hillary had Foster killed for some arcane, inexplicable reason. There was nothing behind it. Zero. Yet this "story" circulated for years. Just another in a long line of similar smears that have been so pervasive that they have permeated into the brains of not only the "true believers," the Far-Right conspiracy cultists, but also into the minds of some who should know better, yet are buying the narrative anyway.

"Corrupt Hillary." "Crooked Hillary." "Evil Hillary." It's all a load of crap. The whole email thing isn't worthy of being described as a Tempest in a Tea Pot. Hillary hasn't damaged national security. You want to know what has damaged national security? The tampering with this presidential election that is being carried out by a foreign power. That should be what has people in an uproar. Instead, the focus is on whatever lie is coming out of the RNC and the Trump campaign, along with massive coverage of Trump's latest act of stupidity. Spun, somehow, by Fox News as one of the great turning points in American political history. Meanwhile, we await whatever new "revelation" to come out at any moment, courtesy of Russian intelligence.

Get a grip, people.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Just the simple fact you can not see Hillary's flaws, even in the most basic form, proves to me you would vote for ANYONE with a D besides there name, even if it was Trump.

5. dmoneybangbang

No, I simply understand our country's system of government and checks and balances. Stein and Johnson's respective camps need to start to make a serious push into local and state elections. It's not impossible to build up a coalition/political party, but Stein or Johnson by themselves is pointless.

The US system is by no means perfect but you simply need to take a look around the world to see the type of gridlock the occurs with too many chefs in the kitchen, that is political groups.

How exactly is this fundamentally different than the PAC system or Super-PAC?

Donors pay candidates, and candidates connect to donors to other groups within the coalition.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most of those on the left from this forum are that way, shouldn't really come as a surprise. It's truly sad that there are also those who will be voting for Trump simply because he has an R besides his name on the ballot.

7. Space Ghost

Gridlock is not always a bad thing.

All i simply need to realize is that two party's can not represent everyone. With a two party system, people line up with the party's beliefs and do not think for themselves. Its blatantly obvious in this forum. For example, if you criticize Hillary, this automatically makes you a right wing neocon Trump support by default.

I am not sure what you're trying to say here. Be either way, if you do not see the issue with this, well ...

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

OR he sees Clinton's flaws and isn't bothered by them as much as other candidates. Could be that too, not sure why you jump to insulting conclusion that he hasn't thought about who he chooses to support and is only supporting the person with the D by their name.

9. Space Ghost

He pretty much said she had no flaws.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not in that post, all he said was that he wasn't buying the smear tactics against her.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I am not sure you know what a smoking gun is. When the top secret emails where found, that was the smoking gun. When the the FBI said they where on her private email server, that was the smoking gun. A smoking gun is evidence that proves the crime.

What I find weird is that Hillary supporters are so incapable of thinking for themselves, that even when shown irrefutable evidence that she committed a crime, they still believe she didn't because she is not in jail.

#131 tallanvor, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

It isn't always a bad thing.

During and after the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression is a terrible time for gridlock. During a period where technolgy and globalization are causing rapid ranges that our social, economic and a political institutions have struggled to keep up with is a terrible time for grid lock.

Essentially the past 8 years was a terrible time for gridlock. Not to mention we have a looming entitlement issue with boomers that is unresolved.

Complaining does nothing. Vote for Stein or Johnson, but realize the limitations they have to govern.

I see it but I merely don't see anything that hasn't been happening since we decided to stop hunting and gathering.

This is the system we have, it's not built for dramatic change. If you folks are serious then it'll take more than internet complaining, you need a political machine.

1 person likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Vince foster story hasn't gone anywhere. I hear that one daily

14. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

uh she mishandled top secret info that put our country at risk. The FBI director admitted this. And not only that but she is either A. too stupid to realize that (C) meant classified information or she is lying when she sayd she doesn't know what the (C) meant. She also admitted to not "remembering" about 40 things in the new FBI notes release (http://www.mediaite.com/election-20...told-the-fbi-she-couldnt-remember-something/?) Do you really think she forgot all that? Or is she just lying to everyone to cover her ass? Or maybe she really does have brain damage and can't remember.

Either way, whatever excuse you want to come up with her makes her disqualified to become president. She's either lying, stupid, or brain damaged.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

16. dmoneybangbang

And she's still better than Trump, Stein, and Johnson. Pretty weak candidates but you have to pick one and it should be Hillary out of those.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

and remind me what Trump, Stein or Johnson did to put out nation's security at risk?

18. dmoneybangbang

Nothing because they have never been in the position, which is my point about their incompetency at this level.

Why do you presume that the fact they have no actual geopolitical experience from security perspective is somehow greater than Clinton's email?

Lastly, so far what's the actual damage done?

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Johnson has never been in a position of power? Your argument falls flat anyways, you're assuming others would also violate security in such a phenomenal way based on what exactly?

This sentence isn't coherent at all.

hard to say. Russia and China don't exactly tell us when they have hacked our secretary of state's email.......

It is true about all security leaks that you never know the full extent of the damage.

#139 tallanvor, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  20. dmoneybangbang

New Mexico has a population of 2.0 million and a GDP of $76billion. That's not much power when running for the presidency of the US. Ironically the Libertarian who governs in New Mexico has an employment base made up of a quarter of federal employees (military) since WW2.

A phenomenal way? I notice you and others use a lot of hyperbolical talk.

In the grand scheme of things how big is this breach with the State Department, essentially the executive branch of diplomatic affairs.

Because the State Dept put missiles codes, locations of submarines, military technology, clandestine missions, real time or soon to be military operations etc in emails.

Right? We are talking about the State Department here in terms of national security. I do think it was very careless of Clinton and her staff and Russia, China, and whoever else probably did get a behind the curtain look at diplomatic workings. But, what does that mean for the big picture?

China and Russia have plenty of domestic issues to be more concerned about while America is on a solid foundation.

Ok. And the true extent could be very minimal in the grand scheme of thing. But by all means lay at the dooms day scenarios for me....