1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton 2016: Stronger Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JeffB, Aug 27, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you honestly believe this hore****?

You hoesntly beleive there is a equivalency between a career politician who might be in it for herself just like most politicians but at least understands nuanced policy vs an adult with child like temperament who has no nuanced policy information and just speaks in platitudes?

A responsible adult would reluctantly vote for Hilary.
    An idiot would believe in some false equavilancy between the candidates.
    An insane idiot would vote for Trump.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is the sole reason I am voting for her. It's pretty much what makes me a Democrat. It's no so much I agree with Democrats - I have so many differences with liberals outside of social issues. The main reason I vote Democrat is because I am so turned off by what the Republican party stands for.

Honestly, there is a small part of me that wants to let Trump have the presidency and make a mess of things and completely and forever teach us a lesson. When I say small part I mean about 1%.

This country needs to do some real soul searching and answer the questions on how are we going to make education affordable, make health care affordable, and make living securely affordable for the average person. Neither party has solutions to these problems and are so opposed to one another and so beholden to interests that the solutions will never come to be.

I feel like America will go into decline unless our leaders stop name-calling and demonizing and start working together. Republicans have been so adamant about everything that has really hurt the country. Democrats are too scared to say what needs to be done because they will lose elections.

Neither side wants to piss off their base. We need a party that realizes the problems we need to solve is health care, housing, and education - focus on those. Forget about these social issues. Forget about these red herrings. Immigration isn't the problem. Job creation isn't the problem.

When will people demand that real campaign reform happens and that should be the top issue in every election from President to state legislator.

#42 Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Essentially, what you're saying in the past quotes is that voting for Hillary would be like voting for a Democratic Trump. Aside from your lack of any further explanation, that speaks more about you and your thinking than anything else.

Maybe you aren't Republican in name, but you're projecting that you historically vote Republican whenever you don't want your vote thrown away.

FWIW, I don't consider myself liberal either, but I can bet that I likely don't vote like you.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You are absolutely correct. You dont live in rural america where liberals generally do not even bother to run and you're not voting for Gary Johnson.

Welcome to American politics ... where people actually think their vote matters.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is the liberal arrogance I speak of.

If you dont vote liberal, you're an idiot or insane. Why bother have elections? Just let the DNC decide our politicians ... as the DNC is clearly biased in their own politicians.

Continue to be a sheep and go with the 'safe' bet to make yourself feel better. Or you can vote against both establishments.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nope nope nope

I've not held these sentiments for any major conservative politician besides Sarah Palin. I disagree with Romney supporters. I disagree with McCain supporters. However, I acknowledge that many of them can have rational reasons to support them. There is a difference of opinion but an understandable one. Trump is an entirely different story and you know it.

7. Major

Major Member

LOL...

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is media merging with the Clinton machine? Matt Lauer, selected to moderate &quot;Commander-In-Chief&quot; forum, has ties to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClintonFoundation?src=hash">#ClintonFoundation</a>.</p>&mdash; Dr. Jill Stein (@DrJillStein) <a href="https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/771433729533304832">September 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Right, you care about being a contrarian more than you care about actual policies.

That's definitely the correct way to vote.

10. dmoneybangbang

The problem with governing is that it's infinitely more complex than having good ideas, moral principles, and all that noble *****.

I'll roll with thuglife Hillary who gets ***** done. I'm not some child who doesn't understand how the world works. You are a child if you think Jill Stein or Gary Johnson are even remotely qualified to be the president of the world's most powerful country. As for Trump, I can guarantee you a shady businessman will become a shady politician. Hillary is more experienced at being shady and keeps that pimp hand strong unlike Obama.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nice guy, but not the most charismatic or demonstrably capable.

What started this exchange is me mentioning that the Human Cheeto, aka our Republican nominee for the President of the United States, is clear indication that voting did matter.

It's just that people b**** and moan about a horribly flawed system that could be improved with continuous grit and responsibility.

People's voting power matters all the way. Using it once every four years is like a sad married couple doing it that frequently and then blaming each other for a dead sex life.

12. Dei

Dei Member

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing shameful about voting for the Iraq war. Surprised to see Republicans use this as a negative towards Hillary.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Apparently "Dr. Stein" was incorrect...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/matt-lauer-clinton-initiative-nbc-925075

Trump will need to come up with another excuse to duck the debates.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fbi-releases-documents-related-clinton-email-investigation-174820715.html

Hillary Clinton told the FBI she did not recall all the briefings she received on handling sensitive information as she made the transition from her post as U.S. secretary of state, due to a concussion suffered in 2012, according to a report released Friday.

n December of 2012, Clinton suffered a concussion and then around the New Year had a blood clot (in her head). Based on her doctor’s advice, she could only work at State for a few hours a day and could not recall every briefing she received," the report said.

"The FBI interview also seems to confirm that some of the emails in question dealt with U.S. drone strikes. The U.S. treats drone operations conducted by the CIA as classified, even though in a 2012 internet chat Presidential Barack Obama acknowledged U.S.-directed drone strikes in Pakistan."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...obe-into-clintons-private-email-server-227689
    The FBI’s probe found multiple cases of phishing or spear-phishing emails to Clinton’s email account when she was secretary of state. The investigation refers to a 2011 email that was part of one the State batch releases that contained a potentially malicious link. Clinton responded to that email, writing, “Is this really from you? I was worried about opening it!” Following roughly two lines of redacted text, the report states, “Open source information indicated, if opened, the targeted user’s device may have been infected, and information would have been sent to at least three computers overseas, including one in Russia.”

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/clinton-told-fbi-couldnt-recall-key-details-26-times/

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

If she doesn't stop blowing that dog-whistle, she's going to turn blue and pass out. Racist.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm puzzled by your comment, as you have 5 asterisks. Surely you menat to have 4 and refer to the word "schit" (minus the c).

Actually not a bad comment....and "Schit" is precisely accurate in describing what she has accomplished with her deeds.

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wow, how can anyone honestly said they're a Hillary fan and supporter.... basically who's the lesser of the 2 evils(candidates)?

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Exactly. She's a horrible, horrible candidate, who has a horrible track record.