1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Hillary Clinton 2016: Stronger Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JeffB, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't count on it. This young fellow seems incredibly determined to wallow in ignorance. I suppose one can't rule it out, though. Stranger things have happened.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Would you even leave Trump alone win your mom? Lol. He's a sexual predator.
    He is friends with Bill Clinton...they are best buds....
    That's what I'm hearing, people are saying these things, they're being written.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The issue this article brings up is very important and one that really could decide what happens to the country in the next four years. I think most people expect more gridlock and greater acrimony but ironically Trump might provide an opening for pragmatic Republicans who want to take their party back from the Tea Party / now the Trump wing. To work with Clinton and do something for the country. Many Republicans must realize that years of pandering to the worst instincts of their supporters has brought them. At the same time Hillary Clinton will want to do something more than just win the election and spend the next four years at war with Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bdb73a-8f06-11e6-9c52-0b10449e33c4_story.html

Hillary Clinton, Paul Ryan and the relationship that could shape Washington

It was October 1998, and Hillary Clinton’s midterm campaign swing for Democratic candidates brought the first lady on a Saturday afternoon to a middle-school gymnasium in Janesville, Wis. A 28-year-old conservative upstart from the town was running for Congress — and Clinton, rallying 1,200 people with a rip-roaring denunciation of Republicans, was trying to stop him.

Clinton’s efforts failed, of course. Paul D. Ryan went on to win, and he has held his House seat in Wisconsin’s industrial southeastern corner for nearly two decades as he has risen to become the highest-ranking Republican in the country.

Clinton and Ryan did not know each other then, and they barely have a personal rapport now. When they served together on Capitol Hill, they did not collaborate. They have crossed paths only a few times, in perfunctory meetings while she was secretary of state. Clinton, 68, and Ryan, 47, also have no apparent social ties — although they do share a book agent, Washington super-lawyer Robert Barnett.

Nonetheless, their relationship could become Washington’s most important in determining whether the federal government functions over the next four years, should Clinton win the presidency and Ryan retain his majority — as polls show is probable, although not certain, for both.
    more at link.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Damn big crowds! Great for Bernie!....oh wait. Crowds mean squat.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

As we saw in those emails the system was rigged against bernie.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's as if people don't understand basic human psychology. It's just like my town in Massachusetts. It's overwhelmingly democrat and overwhelmingly anti-Trump but you will hardly see many Clinton signs but you will see sporadic Trump signs because Trump fans are the type of people who say things like "Everyone else is following the heard like sheep and I'm the wolf" thus they want to display their proud "I'm not sheep" 'rebellion' to everyone around them.

Also majority of individuals who will vote for Hillary are more afraid of Trump than exited for Hillary while the core 'deplorable' base of Trump love his authoritarian anti-establishment rants and there are enough of these deoploables to fill stadiums in each state but not enough to overwhelm the 'silent majority' who will refuse to elect such an unqualified candidate.

Also, Trump rallies are more of an 'even't with all the off the wall **** that Trump states which draws in crowds where some are not really Trump supporters but rather just enjoy the show of having an unprecedented candidate in the sense of how off the wall bat **** insane he is.

TL;DR version. The vast majority of individuals who are voting for Hillary are not exited enough to attend her rallies but are afraid enough about a potential Trump presidency to turn out and actually vote.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There really aren't Clinton supporters so to speak.

Just reasonable folks that realize that Trump is a reality TV star.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well then no doubt that Trump will win. Congrats.

10. TheresTheDagger

While I'm 95% convinced Clinton will win, there is one thing in this election that pollsters and Dems haven't taken into account enough...the folks who are too embarrassed to vocally show their support for Trump...but will vote for him (however reluctantly) on election day.

When you combine this with potential overconfidence of Clinton supporters AND the lack of enthusiasm for her...there's also a possibility of turnout for Clinton not matching the polls either.

Having said that...its essentially the only chance Trump has other than a huge news story like a big terrorist attack or some unbelievably bad news for Clinton.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This will definitely show at the polls on Nov 28th!

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There was no evidence in that article to suggest the Clinton campaign had anything to do with it. It said that ABC news reached out to the contestants to get their opinion.

One reason that people may believe the stories is that Donald Trump himself bragged about doing the things people are talking about.

14. tmacfor35

You aren't that dumb are you?

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

16. tmacfor35

It's a video and an excerpt from one of the pageant girls. I don't care where it comes from. These aren't girls hiding behind the Clinton news stations.

I find it highly ironic that 3 weeks before the presidential election these girls decide to unearth something that happened over 20 years ago. If you truly believe this happened you are damn gullible.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm sure I am. Are you? Did you read the article? There was nothing in it that implicated the Clinton campaign in anyway. All there was were comments from a girl on Facebook who talked about ABC news contacting her. She then ranted her own presumptions about it not being used.

Again, it isn't hard for people to believe these things. Donald Trump ran around bragging about doing them. Now that he's running for political office, he's denying he did them.

If I ran around bragging that I broke into people's homes and stole their coffee mugs, and people then came out and started accusing me of breaking into their homes and stealing their coffee mugs, people might believe those people. They might believe those people even if I told the employer at the job I was applying for that those people were lying, and it was a conspiracy caused by other applicants for the job.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All you have done with that comment is make clear that FB is a hell of a lot smarter than you.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ever notice the following people of his or his porky broseph, rush Limbaugh's, ilk attracts? Middle age, oldish, middling upper to middle class rejects who feel like they're about to be sunset by the newer generations or the colored folk?

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Reminds me of Clinton v Sanders :(