1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hilarious Scottie Pippen Story

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by elvis, Mar 21, 2007.

1. elvis

elvis Member

From the True Hoop section of ESPN on Scottie Pippen....

News of Pippen's imminent financial demise hardly surprise. Rather, it calls to mind the absolute coolest Jordan story I'd ever been told -- courtesy of the AP's Jim Litke, the George Washington on my sports journalism Mt. Rushmore. That said, I take everything Jim says as gospel, this story especially. It starts with Jordan shooting around at practice at old Chicago Stadium when he looks up and notices the m&m race on the jumbotron. Curious, he asks one of the Bulls' staffers what's up and learns what he is seeing is actually a dry run-through of the night's in-game entertainment, in which the jumbotron and m&m race factor prominently. (I'm pretty sure this was before shooting t-shirts out of an air cannon captivated a nation.) Naturally, MJ wanted to know if the winner of the race was predetermined. Of course the 8-bit graphics betrayed the answer: a resounding "yes".

So later that night, Phil calls a time out and Jordan & co. repair to the bench. As he's sitting down, he looks up at the jumbotron to see the m&m race about to start. So he nudges Scottie.

MJ: "Bet you 5 grand yellow takes this."

Pip: "Bet."

I'm told this went on for years before Scottie ever got wise...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

yea when i read that i couldn't help but laugh. I wonder how much money Pippen lost to Jordan on various bets during their years together.

"I bet $2,000 that it takes 3 licks to get to the center of this Tootsie Roll Pop"

"Make it $4,000 and you're on!"

3. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

A fool and his money are soon partying.

4. khanhdom

khanhdom Member

lol, thats messed if jordan did that for years, but yet so funny

5. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

A fool and the money he is partying with are soon parting.

6. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

pippen is an idiot but I don't think he is that stupid....i'm sure he caught on after losing a few bets on the m$ms

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'm sure Jordan lost on purpose every once in a while to keep the facade going.

Also, wrong forum.

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

...This is the most awesome thing ever. Eat it, quitten.

9. Pocket Rockets

he deserved it...barkley shouldve done the same thing to him here

10. rawool

rawool Member

Wait... so the winners ARE predetermined?!

Damn.

:p

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

lol i used to think that roulette thing they do during the rockets game, where a ball spins around the arena and lands in a section and the section wins some crap, was not predetermined. and i was like aww damn i never win, and then my girl pointed out how the people who bring down the "prizes" are always quick to get to that specific section. i felt dumb.

12. Htown57

Htown57 Member

so it doesn't matter how loud i cheer for the black hummer at astros games?

this is like finding out santa isnt real.

13. dischead

dischead Member

I read once that Jordan gave Pippen some Ferrari once. Maybe he felt guilty.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I told you guys before: Jordan is the biggest conman in the league

Signed,

JVG

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Yes, I admit that I laughed at this Story, however, I'm sure there a gang of 94/95 rockets who are dead broke.

16. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

I was at the Clippers game last week when the roulette started going around the announcer said the loudest section wins. Well, the whole game its just a handfull of us being loud anyway and when it came around we won. I'm thinking to myself it must be preprogrammed cause my section had some of the lamest, quietest fans, (or spectators I should say) ever.

17. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I actually prefer rooting for fixed races

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

that roulette game is gay.....im so tired of sweet suzy and the lame ass stuff they have at the games.....they need to hire totally new people to plan game entertainmnet for next year.....if they just show rocket highlights from the championship years and have the power dancers dance around , it would be fine by me..get rid of the launch crew, and every other crew that they have