1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Timberwolves bowing out without a fight? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Hilarious fact - Bargnani is the worst rebounding big guy ever!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Olajuwon123, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Olajuwon123

Olajuwon123 Member

How is this even possible, the guy is a 7-footer and he's getting absolutely destroyed in comparison with his PG teammate Lowry.

Bargani has in total this season over 3 games grabbed 7 rebounds which makes his season average a pathetic 2.3 rebounds per game. And not only that, his playing time average is 31 minutes per game.

His teammate, the former 6'0 Rocket PG, Kyle Lowry is playing for the same Raptors and he's averaging 7.3 rebounds... PER GAME.

How is it even possible that the starting center of the team who is supposed to be the star player of the team gets outrebounded by his midget point guard.. :confused:

[​IMG]

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I understand the offensive rebounds being on the low end because he plays out on the perimeter, but his defensive rebounding rate is kind of embarrassing for a big guy.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Effort; he doesn't have any. Don't forget this guy was #1 overall. He isn't Kwame or Olowakandi, but he isn't far from it either.

4. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

They say it's because he plays the 3, but even a 6'7" SF should grab more rebounds than he does.

5. Olajuwon123

Olajuwon123 Member

There should be no excuses for his terrible rebounding stats, Kyle Lowry is a 6'0 point guard but but he has still outrebounded Bargnani with 5 rebounds per game this far. Sure, it's a small sample of games but I find it very unlikely that Bargnani is going to average more rebounds per game this season compared to Lowry...

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's a BS excuse. Lamar Odom plays the 3 a lot and definitely boards more than that.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol epic failure

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This isn't news

Always been a ****ty help defender and absolutely embarrassing defender

And just so you know, he was drafted at center lol

9. Trackball

Trackball Member

The guy drafted right after him?

LaMarcus Aldridge.

#AdvanceScouting

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The most important stat: 3 games.
    Bargs is coming off injuries. He was injured last year, he was injured for most of the training camp.

He should get back to his typical 5-6 rebounds per game.
    It's still embarrassing, but he's still a solid player overall. E.g., would you take Troy Murphy (14-12 in his prime, 0.475 %) or Bargnani (21-5, .450%). Stats wise, the choice would seem Murphy or close. But to me, Bargnani would be the easy choice. His rebounding is terrible, but Bargnani overall is not.

11. lalala902102001

It's hard to get a rebound when you always stand outside the 3 point arc.

12. Olajuwon123

Olajuwon123 Member

The guy's career average is 4.9 rebounds per game, it's awful and there's no excuse for a guy his size to be that terrible when it comes to rebounding.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

BC had his Euro fetish back in the day picking up Garbajosa, Calderon, Bargnani, Anthony Parker (from euro league).

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well. you kind of repeated my last sentence right there.

15. Olajuwon123

Olajuwon123 Member

Ask yourself why I did so..

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

because you didn't read past the 1st sentence, i assumed.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Troy Murphy plays plenty on the perimeter, too. As does Kevin Love now. Still getting double digit boards. His comparative of Dirk Nowitzki outside shooting euro soft on the boards, his career low RPG is as good as Bargnani's career BEST.

It does make you go "hmmm"

It is possible for the PG to "steal" rebounds from their big guys. Think of Steve Francis with the Rockets. No Maurice Taylor was NOT a glass eater, though it always seemed the Rockets bigs never got those high rebounding averages you associate with bigs. (And then it might be just half a board or 1 per game "stolen" from a guy, not 2 or 3)

But its probably a passive approach by Bargnani of "since Lowry's taking initiative to rebound, then they're his".

Overall, Bargnani can average over 5 rbs a game going by career numbers. I don't think he'll be "content" with 2 rbs a game I'm sure he'll pick it up. But he still makes Brook Lopez look like Ben Wallace

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Troy Murphy was a defensive rebounder, so it didn't matter how many jumpers he took. But he didn't defend at all, which is part of why he got those boards. He would leave his man open to take jumpers or do whatever else he wanted and just went after each defensive board.

Bargnani's rebounding sucks. If it didn't, he'd be an All Star. His D has been ok lately, and his offense (while one dimensional) has always been good.

I just wanted to give some perspective. This whole thread kind of lacks it (from calling Bargnani a center, to focusing on a 3 game sample, to pretty strong predictions later on).

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Durant is a perimeter player too and he's averaging 15 right now :p

20. Olajuwon123

Olajuwon123 Member

My bad regarding the center-thing, forgot about Valanciunas playing center but I've seen the guy play center plenty of times, he has not always been a PF.