1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Higher Upside? Motiejunas or Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Mar 22, 2013.

?

Who has the higher upside?

1. Donatas Motiejunas

202 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. Thomas Robinson

175 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Similar upside

80 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

All the same position :grin:

2. rocketfaithful

TRob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not even close. To be perfectly honest it looks like TRob had him beat in the offensivee catagory tonight as well as defense and rebounding

3. rocketfaithful

You're absolutely right. DMo doesn't even post up and score. all he does is stand n the corner. TRob is more assertive

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Rip van horn u do realize those are the same measurement that Klove and jsmith measured at right? And players plu in there shoes he a shade under 6'9 in those and has almost 7'4 wingspan to go with a 38 inch vert I think he's wry big plus he's 245 lb

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Today's [​IMG] goes to...

Seriously dude?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah. I see a lot of people say how DMo is just told to go in the corner and shoot, and that Mchale "doesn't let him" post up.

I think that's ridiculous, because T Rob shows that you just have to force the issue and assert yourself.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CoachBeWell Lee?

8. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I think its about equal, but ill give the slight edge to Robinson

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

Royce White=Wacky Burger..:eek:

10. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

11. DBRox

DBRox Member

One of the things that DMo does and does well is floor spacing and opening up the lanes for the offensive plays, its not just "standing in the corner". That is the most over used term in this board. It allows for Jeremy to efficiently pass and our players to drive to the basket so its an actual play and DMo deserves credit for it because he has been doing well at it.

1 person likes this.
  12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Might have something to do with the fact that D-Mo usually plays with either Lin or/and Harden on the floor.

When those two are on the floor you need space in the paint and a guy who could stretch the floor.

If D-Mo was getting the garbage minutes T-Rob was getting today he would be posting up 24/7.

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Put Dmo at center, Trob at PF. Problem solve.
    And my guest would be DMO will have a longer career, while Trob will have the better season averages.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Member

That's Van Horn

He is undersized that's easy to see but I think he has the potential to be a very good player.

Right now I would say Dmo has the better chance of being the better player because of his offense but I think both of them can be very good. It makes me hope the Rockets don't pick up a PF this summer so we can watch the both develop faster.

15. Kingshadaine

Kingshadaine Member

Trob better upside, trob potential = Blake griffin with better defense

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can have two bangers inside and your guards can still penetrate. San Antonio does it all the time.

17. DBRox

DBRox Member

Maybe when we get to the point where were not so turnover prone.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

That's cute.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Eventually you should be able to play both D-Mo and Robinson together, and not miss a beat defensively. Asik has been a great addition to this team, but Im not sure that he's ever going to be able to give you what a lineup of Lin/Harden/Parsons/T-Rob/D-Mo can give you.

Not that Asik will be traded or anything, but his minutes could be cut down, especially in crunch time. That team will have very little, if no weaknesses offensively eventually, and give up very little on the defensive/rebounding end.

20. kuku

kuku Member

A 7-footer with post moves is almost unguardable down low and you can rarely find them.