1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High School Musical

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kam, Nov 2, 2006.

1. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Like I said... :confused:

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

it's starting if you guys want to watch.

it's the sing along version.

so there you go start singing.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My family watched the second one the other day, but we all thought it was stupid

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

no way, this has emmy written all over it.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Ashley Tisdale makes me happy in pants.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The Hollywood Reporter

I don't know if anyone is familiar w/ the 'Fatwallet/Slickdeals' effect, but I'll attribute this movie's success to the 'Kam' effect.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't get it, even if I was 11-12 I wouldn't get, but I don't like musicals. I bet this would be even a bigger hit in india.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I heard Zac Efron dumped Vanessa Hudgens to get with the fat chick from Hairspray.

Wonder if it's true?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(obligatory kam/vanessa pic)

[​IMG]

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ohh yes, I remember that pic. I sent that to so many people.

17 Million folks saw High School Musical 2. It was the highest rated show on basic cable of all time.

Let's say people go to the movies, and paid ten bucks or whatever to see it. That's 170 million bucks right there.

I know there are alot of people that just don't get it. That's fine I guess. I don't get other things, but this was talked about for a long time. The movie lived up to the hype in my opinion. It wasn't as good as the first though. I thought the songs in the first one was more memorable. I don't have any kids, but a lot of my friends have kids, so I get subjected to it. I guess that is where I got a fondness for it.

Plus, Vanessa Hudgens is cute. What's the big effing deal?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The big deal is you should just shut up and secretly masturbate to her pictures like everyone else.

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Kam,

I figured you'd be as interested in this as anyone, but Hayden Panitierre is legal today.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

eh, she looks okay. Actually, she loks good, but I'll pass on that.

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Meh. Since I have no kids, I guess I'm waiting for Reform School Comedy to come out... :p

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

People Magazine.

check it out Friday...

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

if you were not one of the 17.2 meeeelions that did not see it, go ahead and put it on Disney now.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

you guys are missing out on the best song.

You are the Music in Me.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Kam is funny. :D

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Kam, looks like you better have a fat wallet because your girl Ms. Hudgens is a money-hungry b****.

http://omg.yahoo.com/high-school-musical-3-could-be-in-trouble/news/1888

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (August 22, 2007) - With the overwhelming success of Disney Channel's "High School Musical 2" on the small screen, it's no secret Disney is itching to ride the wave of success with a big screen sequel.

Gossip reports surfaced today that the planned third movie, is in trouble. Several reports claim that stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are holding out on the big screen version for more money.

[ 'High School Musical 2' Access Screening - View the Gallery ]

When Access Hollywood spoke to Zac last week at the "HSM 2" premiere, he assured us it was something he wanted to do, "A third movie would be a dream come true. Finishing "High School Musical" with a third movie, that would be in theaters, is just sort of a tribute to everything we kind of did here."

At the same premiere, Vanessa told Access Hollywood she had not seen a script yet, but "If it's good of course we are all going to join back in We all have so much fun together. So, why wouldn't we do another one?"

Access Hollywood has confirmed today with their reps that both Zac and Vanessa are still in talks to do the third movie.

[ 'High School Musical 2' - View the Gallery ]

[ Video: Dish Of Salt - The 'HSM 2' Quiz - Watch the Video ]

Walt Disney Studios today released the following statement; "There is no contractual obligation for any of the cast members to return. That said, we are in active negotiations with all of the principle cast members and are feeling optimistic."

Back in February, Disney announced plans for a 2008 feature film sequel with a Halloween themed dubbed "Haunted High School Musical." Today Disney says they have scrapped plans for the Halloween theme and instead will focus on the senior year of key characters at East High. The original writer from the first two films, Peter Barsocchini, is writing the script. The original producers and director are also on board.

Director Kenny Ortega confirmed to Access Hollywood last week that he is definitely on board too.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think Disney is only offering one million.

that's crap. they need to pay them whatever it takes.

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

very true...

They have given Disney so much revenue for what they've done, might as well cash in on it. Its like the old Real World cast not getting anythinig for having their shows on syndication.

and yes, "The Music in Me" is one of the best ones, along with, "Gotta Go My Own Way"

#140 Dave2000, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007