1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High School/College Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Man, May 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

See a doctor, get rid of it.

2. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

IMO, Highschool is WAYYYY better if you have to pay for college yourself.. if not I could see how college could be better, but busting your ass to pay your way isnt all that great, you really never have time to do much of the college life when doing 13-16 hours and working 30-40 hours a week.. I had a good time in college, but only having a job to pay for gas and toys was great in highschool..

3. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Sh*t.

Shinola.

As far as high school and college go, always remember, it's better to regret something you HAVE done than to regret something you HAVEN'T done.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i go to NHCC currently, i used to go to Virginia TECH. i think the education at community college is better, cauze you actually get to talk to your teacher, and learn from somoene speaking english. and not some TA.

5. neXXes

neXXes Member

I haven't had any classes at UT taught by grad students besides a post doc guy teaching an intro geology class. I will have a grad student teaching spanish next semester, but that doesn't count. In fact, in my department, we don't even have many TAs anymore, only graders, because of funding cuts :mad:.

But I can see how people can be intimidated by the large class sizes in intro classes as opposed to intro classes at community college (physics 1 at UT had 130 kids, physics 2 at HCC had 30 kids). It ceases to be an issue by your junior year or so. My engineering classes average 70 students per class, and my non-engineering classes average 50-60.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

im starting to believe that if you know you won't do well or try hard in college, you might actually have more success in life if you go to a trade school.

7. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

College is awesome (unless you are married like I was). There are:
    -parties
    -ritualistic hazing
    -football games (SEC,Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 schools only)
    -basketball games
    - silly pranks
    Oh and did I say anything about the learning? It is quite nice.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Enjoy it while you can, because you only think you have hell now... muhahahaha... :D

I wouldn't want to go back to my school years for anything... being broke and having to do homework sucks. Of course now I just work 70-100 hr weeks... but at least I get paid to do that. :)

9. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I do a heck of a lot more academic work in college than in high school, I know that much.

10. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

It's all about balance. Work hard, play harder. Don't slack off because it's an important time to develop your connections, and work experience.