1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High School/College Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Man, May 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Man

Man Contributing Member

anyone have advice about high school? And going to college? Is college better than high school? Homework sucks

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

College is way better than high school..
    You dont have as many tests and homework but it counts more.
    Alot of times you dont even "have" to do the homework for a grade but if you dont then you might fail anyways..
    Plus there are whole bunch of clubs, sororites, and other places that you can join...

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

That and unless you go to school in-town, you don't have Mommy watching every little thing you do over your shoulder.

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

My advice for both HS and college:

Nail everything that moves

:)

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Are you going to be a freshman in high school?

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT attend ClutchFans parties; never get drunk near 4chuckie. :eek:

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I was able to take 5 dual credit college classes (4 via ITV, one through WebCT) this year from a local community college. I take HS classes and college classes in the same day, and I like my college classes a lot more. Like mentioned, there's not nearly as much homework in my college classes. Most of my classes consist of 3-5 tests during the year, and maybe a essay of some sort. And that's about it. The only bad thing is that you better make sure you study for each test or you may dig yourself a big hole. I slacked off a bit in my English and history classes and now I may screw up my 4.0 I earned in the 1st semester unless I get/got really lucky on my finals.

Of course, still being in HS, so I haven't experienced everything there is to experience in college. I got to visit UT a few weeks ago and I was really impressed by everything. I basically couldn't wait until I graduated so that I could hurry up and attend UT. I'm supposed to be in a summer program there this summer, so at least I get to experience the college life before the fall, when I become a full-time college student.

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Just make sure you cover your hammer.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

10. Man

Man Contributing Member

I don't get the college credit thing..3 hours 6 hours..can someone explain? what the heck do you need to graduate?

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I actually liked Highschool better than College. I am in my 3rd year of College, and yes I am having a lot of fun. But my junior and senior year of highschool were (so far) the best 2 years of my life. Granted, I went to a boarding school in Switzerland and my front door was a 5 min walk from the ski lift, and I lived in a small town up in the Alps.

12. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

You need whatever is required by the department/field that you will be majoring in. It might vary from major to major...

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

put a helmet on ya soldier

Rocket RIver

14. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

if you dont know what it is, dont smoke it.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Definitely go to college. When you graduate you can go to a job and post on www.clutchfans.net all day and get paid.

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

college sucks

wait, classes in college suck.

academic probation in college sucks

hw in college sucks

food in college sucks

other than that its AWESOME :rolleyes:

17. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

"I go to college just for da hoez"

-Chris Boyz -n- DaHood

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

College is way better. The girls are easier, the parties are plentiful, and the responsibilities are minimal. College should be the funniest most carefree time in a person's life. Just make sure you go to a college where you leave the city where you grew up. It's not the same if you live with your parents while you're in college.

19. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

My son is graduating High School in a few weeks. He decided that he would like to attend NHCC for the first few years, because that is what most of his freinds are doing.

I was like chuuuuuu-ching!

NHCC really will "Save you money"!!!

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ummmm... that sounds like a really bad train... running out of steam... DON'T YOU MEAN "Ka-CHING!!!!" ? :confused:

Anyway, Man, get your BASICS out of the way at your local smaller school or Community College, make sure you can transfer them to your "goal" school that offers your career major... then go to your "goal" school... finish your degree there...