1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High Draft Pick or Make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblaze, Aug 14, 2009.

?

which scenerio would you pick?

1. High draft pick

197 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Make the playoffs

208 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. kaninthy

kaninthy Member

the current roster of players on this team will not go down without a fight. i think they will make the playoffs. no team i mean no team in the NBA plays harder night in and night out than this team (excluding last year tmac)

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

How exactly would be able to "nab" said all-star?

We don't be able to buy them outright in Free Agency, and trading for them requires giving up those said players who make the supporting cast desirable.

Also, just getting an All-Star would do nothing to to really help us win. Honestly, who other than Lebron, Wade, or Bosh that would be available do you truly see leading a team to a title.

Getting a high-draft pick gives us a chance to either draft a future star, or use them as bait to trade for a current star, keeping our current supporting cast.

And I honestly believe we can spend this year developing our young talent and we will still get a high lottery pick.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is one of the closest polls that I have ever seen.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I disagree, i think we can attract someone like Bosh or J.Johnson, what can be more attracting than, Yao coming back and the high draft pick (Derrick Favors, John Wall or Ed Davis)to build around, that would attract a lot of free agents....... we can be competitive now and in the future

Possible line ups depending on who we draft would also determine who we go after in 2010 free agency

Aaron Brooks
    John Wall
    Trevor Ariza
    Chris Bosh
    Yao Ming
    or
    Aaron Brooks
    Joe Johnson
    Trevor Ariza
    Ed Davis
    Yao ming
    or