1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HHow: How long B4 he gets traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Oct 10, 2006.

1. franchise?..NOT

I can't help wondering how long into the season it takes Charlotte or Denver or someone else, either by injury or overstocking of parts, to look at Howard as a veteran leader that they would like to have. CHA has some good young PF's as does Denver and ATL.

Does not make sense to have tow finesse guys on out team and no bangers.

2. franchise?..NOT

Sorry for the Misspell.

Talking about Jawon Howard of course.

3. jaychi

jaychi Member

I hope he gets traded to the Lakers already for Mimh n Cook

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's Juwan, and it's doubtful he gets traded because most NBA GMs are trying to improve their teams, not help out the Rockets.

5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Also not a correct spelling:) Just stick to "That old guy who plays the 4!"

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

good. point.

jho won't be traded until the last year of his contract. maybe not even then. he might just retire here.

7. franchise?..NOT

Well there is always Zeke.

He did take Moochie and MoT off our hands.

8. dram1

dram1 Member

I actually think that while many of us would like to see him gone, I think he's already here and rich, why not just look forward to him contributing to this team.

He isn't that bad.

I have a feeling that he's just gonna go nuts on the court and start playing like an animal...scoring huge points off put packs, rebounding like a maniac, blocking shots, and being an enforcer.

I think we just may see the latest blooming ever....Juwan Garnett.

9. franchise?..NOT

That would be awesome but he did not even do that back in the days when he was playing for the contract that Riley eventually gave him. H ehas never been that player but " you go boy!"

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't understand the number of people that just have to get rid of someone just for the sake of getting rid of someone. If Howard is gone it will be someone else....

Let's see how the Howard/Battier/Hayes thing works out before we ship someone out.

11. franchise?..NOT

Jus want a banger and none of our guys is a pure banger. I am not looking for an All Star just equal value at the other end of the finesse/ banger scale from where Juwan is. I never want to trade just to trade. Don't make this a rant, please. Stay on topic.

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Luther Head blocked more shots than Juwan Howard.

'Nuff said.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We are stuck with Juwan because nobody wants him or his contract.

14. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I think the problem is that Howard just never lived up to expectations. The concensus here was his numbers would improve playing next to Yao. The guy plays next to Yao and still only puts up mediocre numbers. He won't bang down low and grab boards which is what we've needed since Barkley retired. Plus, nobody likes an overpaid player unless their name is Isaih Thomas.

15. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Juwan still has a LONG contract. I think its for 3 more years and I'd doubt we'll find any suitors for him. I say we keep him as he will be very productive off the bench. We need more players like him. He may not play like a banging PF or whatever, but he takes no crap from anyone. Only him and Sura have stuck up for their teammates. I remember Juwan taking on the whole hornets team and Sura taking down a MAV to the ground. Classic material.

16. jdrock

jdrock Member

We'll probably keep Juwan until very close to contract expiration.

The best thing that could happen is that in the last year of his contract, some All-Star becomes seriously disgruntled with his team and wants out. We can trade JHo's monster contract + spare change for the All-Star. The other team can then dump JHo and have room to rebuild the next year.

Hmmm.. Kevin Garnett anyone..? :) Eh, probably a pipe dream.

17. franchise?..NOT

Ya know, you have a point. He costs much less than MoT would have cost us the last couple of years and is a much better player.

Still it would be nice to have a Kurt Thomas type of guy off the bench.

18. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

He ain't bad at all.. he's better than Mo tay, Swift or Cato..

19. thesaint

thesaint Member

JHO is actually a decent PF that can help the Rox off the bench. He is not worth the money but he is a great option at PF off the bench and i think he will help us with our current roster. I dont know why u guys dont like his game?? his numbers are decent compared to average pfs.

20. wozudichter

wozudichter Member

i agree with thesaint, why all the jho hate??? he's good for a couple points, spread the d, and a body in the paint, fouls to give, and does what he's told. i like that