1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. igotwhipscollectingdust

Frankly, and I hate to be trite, if you don’t want Lebron you shouldn’t be watching basketball.

BigO and hakeem94 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats a massive overreaction

3. likestohypeguy

Pros:
    -Best player today by far, & ever steady increasing likeliness of all time
    -Makes any team of scrubs a contender, makes any legit contender automatic champs
    -Never gets hurt, gold standard of dependability

Cons:
    -I just don't like this guy, very much at all

Conclusion:
    Pros outweigh the cons... we'll take him!

BigO, hakeem94, 1Deep and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

wouldn't you want to watch most of lebrons remaining games if you had the chance? i mean, i don't watch cavs games so it would be pretty cool to see him ball for my team.

durant temporarily broke the league. gotta super team up. i don't think that cavs team beats the celtics OR the 76ers next year.

Hakeemtheking, BigO and hakeem94 like this.
  5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's not just about picking and choosing our path... It's about not taking the path of least resistance. The path where literally everybody in the league would be looking at us expecting us to win, easily, and anything less would be an embarrassment. AND, even if we successfully do it, it will feel meaningless. Especially to fans of guys like Harden and Paul. It would be awesome to see them get their first ring with the help of people who also hadn't won one... I don't like the narrative of them having to recruit the greatest player ever who already had three rings in order to win. Won't do anything for Harden or Paul's legacies. If anything, could hurt it. Like Kevin Durant.

lakersuck2 and Vanilla Thunder like this.
  6. Vanilla Thunder

Vanilla Thunder Contributing Member

It would just be more SuperTeam Caca and render 28 NBA teams completely irrelevant. I wouldn't feel like it is a Houston Rockets Championship...it would just be LeBron following Durant down the path of least resistance. I guess I have to stop watching basketball...since I don't want LeBron's taint...tainting our next title. Am I allowed to watch football, Whips...I don't want the Texans acquiring the entire AFC All Pro team.

Will wait patiently for Whips to tell me what I can watch.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'll play along:

LerBon is diva. His middle name might as well be drama.
    He's a terrible GM. Then blames everyone else when his plans go wrong and he just leaves. "Gotta pay J.R. Smith! I'm not re-signing until Tristan gets paid!"
    Highest (or one of the highest) payroll in the league, owner needs to spend more.
    Don't forget to give him a ****ing playmaker err maybe it'll be a shooter here.
    LerBon will bring all his bandwagon fans ... to this site but not to Houston. Toyota Center will remain empty. Sorry, just personal preference ... player(-only) fans are the worst.
    Would you take one championship even if it meant in 3 years Harden demanded a trade out of Houston (and LerBon left a year later after that)?

There are a few (unconfirmed) rumors that Harden doesn't want LerBon. And Daryl made an interesting the comment the other day. "We got our core guys - Tilman, Mike, Chris & James - and we'll all have to be united going after certain guys."
    [​IMG]

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/no-lebron.289123/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/gm-daryl-morey-joins-the-stephen-a-smith-show.290796/

Marteen likes this.
  8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Getting Lebron doesn't necessarily guarantee a title. The Heat lost to the Mavs on their first year, and they would've lost to the Spurs in 2013 if the Spurs didn't choke. Meanwhile you have to put up with all sorts of Lebron-related organizational drama that can rival or even surpass Dwightmare. just for a shot (not a guarantee) at winning MAYBE 1 or 2 titles that will probably be attributed to Lebron more than Houston. I also have my doubts Lebron can play system ball and will slowly but surely mold the team into Lebron just like his other teams.

Stormy1234 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

The miami dallas series was his first real title experience lol ^

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Those aren't just irrelevants though those are literally the people who'll be writing the NBA history books. They're the ones framing how this title will be remembered 20 years from now. And if the Rockets win with LeBron it'll be a LeBron win where he dragged the sorry ass Rockets all the way and not a Rockets win where LeBron led us. Don't you hate it when dumbasses say the Rockets championships don't count because Jordan was gone? We'll hear even dumber stories if we win with LeBron.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Umm... you DO know that an aging LeBron at say 80% of his peak level is still the best player in the sport, right???

BigO likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is some inspiring stuff!

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how about losing his last year in miami
    how about almost losing in 2013 were it not for the spurs choke
    how about durant this year who supposedly ruined the league and almost lost to Huston and won only due to some of the bizarre circumstances

getting lebron guarantees nothing

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the whole world witnessed we almost beat the worriers and think we beat them with healthy cp3

lebron is only health insurance for cp3

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ok you dont want lebron taint the title but how about considering lebron as only injury insurance for cp3?

because capela cp3 and harden have the best win- lose ratio in history of NBA when healthy

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but the thing is ppl are bad at predicting how will they feel in the future...pretty pretty pretty bad

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Harden will feel great, LeBron will unlock next level Harden

BigO likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, I'm sure itll feel good to win another chip no matter what, but thats not really what me and some other people are saying. The fact is Lebron winning here comes with added baggage and narratives. I can assure you(feel free to get back to me if/when the time comes) that I wont feel as good about this one as I would without him.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say that about Harden, the Miami Oklahoma series was his first real title experience, no lol. Srs face.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Leborn , AD, Cousions, Kawaii, PG. Get leborn and refs