1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Perhaps the select few that you know personally and maybe some on messaging boards have gotten tired of watching the Warriors get break after break and decimate the rest of the league along the way to their championships. However, I’d have to believe the vast majority of their tried and true original fans have been more than fine with the way things have gone in recent years.

Growing up in LA and watching Shaq and Kobe hit a 3-peat was electric and talked about year round after each championship. I assure you die hard Laker fans didn’t bother seeing them reign the leagues supreme leaders for years.

I, myself, have never had the enjoyment of seeing the Houston Rockets win a championship as I was born in ‘94, but if you’re giving me a chance to add a top 3 player of all time and my only dilemma is “will this make things too easy?”. To that I’d ask another question...where do I sign up?

I’ve already experienced the years of prideful seasons which still ultimately were going to end in a second round exit at most (Aaron Brooks vs Lakers).

I’m trying to put that all to bed with a chip.

#101 Sean Dr34ms, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Rocket River and B-Bob like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good post. Let me take another run at this.

Case One: Shaq and Kobe were organically assembled. The Lakers snagged Kobe before he ever suited up for another team, if I remember it correctly.

Case Two: Rockets make a big trade to bring Drexler to Houston. I was okay with this one also. The Rockets really gave something up and made it work (for 1995). Mad Max was never quite the same, but it was still an easy team to root for. Similarly, Rockets traded a lot of assets to get Chris Paul. That's organic to me.

Case Three: The current Worriers and the Miami Heat assembled three or more fantastic players b/c the players wanted to have the best team on the playground.

I admit my lines are arbitrary. I guess I don't want to see us go to a Case Three scenario, but as another poster said in one thread or another (I think it was @justtxyank): if we need someone like Lebron to have the NBA allow us to ascend to the finals, then so be it. Let's get Lebron.

hakeem94, 1Deep, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m going to stop myself from going on another long tangent because I could talk basketball all day and I like the points you make, but in short, I’m in agreement with the majority of what you said.

In the end, we all want a hard nose, tough fought and prideful team, but in today’s society it looks like we have to be the next douchebags in line to scoop up another generational talent to win the title.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lebron, Harden, CP3 big three would **** on the GS Frontrunners.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It was me.

I was against the idea of going after lebron because I feel like it cheapens titles. I feel like a title won this way will feel weird. Lebron won’t care about this city or the fans he’s just looking for a ring. People won’t talk about the title as a rockets title it will be a lebron title.

But oh well. At least it will be fun to watch. Without that way we aren’t getting over

B-Bob and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't want Lebron because then we basically become even more of a cheapsh!t team than the warriors.

Every win will feel cheap and empty, and every loss will be embarrassing. I like winning, but I like at least some semblance of an attempt at parity.

Like when you're playing pickup ball, do you try to stack your team or try to make it even and then play your best to get the advantage? I know which one Kevin Durant does.

... Having said all that, I wouldn't mind Lebron if he *replaced* Chris Paul. But I don't want Lebron in ADDITION to Chris Paul.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I don't care. I want that feeling of a title for Houston....whether it was led by Hakeem or Lebron.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You pretty much made the point for Lebron.

Adding Lebron make us even with the Warriors. Paul nor Harden are no match for Durant.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The only downside of a CP3/Lebron combo is that we'd be old af. Morey would have to somehow pick up ring chasing players that aren't old farts.

Otherwise the regular season would kill us with injuries.

10. 1Deep

1Deep Member

In my opinion we can't afford to waste another year because of CP3's age and the fact that we would be losing another year of Harden in his prime so I think we have to add LeBron if we can.

We can't afford to tinker with a couple of pieces and to try to make another run because time doesn't afford us that luxury. We've pretty much gotta go for the knockout.

We're in win now mode!

dkoune likes this.
  11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

On LBJ as a person, I’m an agnostic. As a basketball player, I’m a true believer.

He would definitely fit into any offense and I don’t think he would be a diva here because the organization is both strong and competent.

Get him here and let’s make history.

noppeper likes this.
  12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

This is why i cant see Lebron going to philly. They aren’t there yet...does lebron really want to waste another precious year. Its either Houston or bust( bust as in lose to the warriors for 3-5 more years in the finals) 3-9 finals record looks so bad lol yet quite impressive at the same time. Wth

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are underestimating the rest of the league and injuries
    ppl thought durant ruined the league and he almost lost to rockets ....he only prevailed due to luck and refs help...
    miami lost to spurs in magnificient fashion once and would have lost twice were it not for a lucky bounce of the ball

get lebron we need all the help we can get to have a chance for the title...
    at least look at it as cp3 injury insurance...cause cp3 gets injured every damn year in the playoffs

noppeper likes this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

How about enjoying watching a rigged championship where the NBA decided the Rockets weren't allowed? We didn't draft Harden and we traded for CP3. At what point did we cross this magical perception barrier where many seem to worship?

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

So you enjoy us losing in a rigged NBA Championship and we are ONLY allowed to win one way but screwing us over is just fine. I mean everyone is always going to do right and play by your set of rules and no one will screw us over, right? Which team can you root for and what exactly are the rules because I don't think anyone understands what that is? Jokers are wild, dueces are wild, you have to win with a three of a kind while holding a jack? I saw our Rockets win the NBA Championship Monday night. There is nothing left to prove. The Rockets broke that UNBEATABLE team. There is a wrong that needs to be righted. There is an established set of rules called the CBA and the Rockets are pretty good at following that like all teams. There is no need to create a new set of rules. Championships don't have asterisks. If you don't believe me, go look in the Warriors trophy case. They can be stolen but they don't have asterisks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Marteen

Marteen Member

I have a bad feeling that I'd be setting myself up for disappointment like I did with Bosh. So LeBron, screw yourself. Unless you come over.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

on the other hand ppl are fooling themselves if they think we will be given an easy championship if lebron comes...thats setting yourself up for a huge failure

B-Bob and luckyman76 like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want douches to take over the forum.

I don't want peeps that see my Rocket License Plate to think I'm a Lebron-douche.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Absolutely, we need to build the strongest team possible. LBJ is leaving the East because he will not be able to beat Boston or Philly in the future. Pieces like Kawhi, KLove, PG13, and others are going to move around. We may have gotten lucky with Boogie and AD staying together because those pieces in separate places could have shifted some things. Teams will mature and get better and there will be more super teams. We are going to be luxury tax locked in so we have to add the pieces that essentially we are going to have for 5 years with a few ring chasers and TPMLEs we can add here and there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. dram1

dram1 Member

Folks hate Lebron because he acts like a leedle beech. Now he wears suits with shorts and carries around that purse. Harden too...wtf? Seriously though...getting Lebron is like selling our souls to the devil.