1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. noppeper

noppeper Member

I can't believe some people would NOT want Lebron here. Our small ball lineup would be lethal, with great defense, rebounding, shooting and 3 creators at all times. He will even be able to be around Dream consistently, so his post game might be more prevalent in the twilight of his career, and is something the Rockets could use (although that is definitely just being wishful). He was able to coexist with DWade and Bosh in Miami, so there is no reason to believe he won't be able to with Harden and CP3.

You mortgage everything and sign him up if at all possible.

2. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I agree with you on the Barkley/Pippin comparisons, and that Lebron’s personality will probably mesh with Harden/Paul at least for a season.

I just don’t know about the minutes situation and how he will relate to D’Antoni. Will LeBron be ok with being the second/third fiddle months after he essentially was the one and only on a Cavs team that was inches from elimination two out of three series. Is he ok with letting Harden take some lead? I definitely not making a not enough balls argument (that argument is dead after this season), I’m more arguing from a “this guy has carried the burden of a type A perfectionist for all of his career, can he take a step back like Wade?” argument so quickly.

I would be interested in how it turns out. I’m just trying to keep my realism higher than usual.

3. macan

macan Member

if lebron wants to come here, do whatever you can to get him. he's at least got like 2 more high level years left = 2 rings at least
    i'm willing to let go anyone not named Harden, CP, PJ, GG(hometown hero)

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not true. He needs us, and we need him. We are too close to be naive.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

People here like to be contrarian. They will tell you that the sky is red just because.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, It's more about just beating the best with what you have. It's more of a pride thing with me more than anything else. I was so hoping this would be the year. The Rockets, with maligned, disrespected players and coaches to defeat the vaunted GSW juggernaut then go onto beat Lebron.. Imagine how satisfying that would have been..

If Lebron comes to Houston it's just stacking the deck. Rockets go from underdogs no one wanted at the party, trying to shake the apple cart, to the face of the league. I still like to think of the Rockets as the team the NBA loves to hate trying to give a "f-ck you" to the league. I kind of like complaining about it. Lebron comes that's over.

I would still root for Lebron if he becomes a Rocket. It might take the shine off some of these wins though.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Exactly, this it exactly.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

"Moral victories is for minor league coaches
    And Morey already told you we major you cockroaches"
    Jay-z

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure those 2 additional banners in the rafters in Miami are Heat championships. Same with the (soon to be) 2 additional rafters in Oracle. Those are Warriors championships, not Durant ones.

Look, if LeBron comes here, he's gonna be joining a 65-win team that was a CP3 injury and corrupt officiating crew away from the Finals and essentially the title. He'll get a ton of credit for any championships the Rockets win, but not sole credit.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

At the same time man, im just bothered by the fact and the story would be houston needed lebron to win a championship. and thats what the average person would believe

oogie boogie and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

This is dumb

12. HP3

HP3 Member

There's a big difference with Lebron joining the heat and Durant joining the warriors

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't even think we need LeBron to win the title next year. Bringing back this same team(with a few minor tweaks) might be enough. There are cracks in the armor of the Warriors. They don't have much depth, their key bench players(Iggy and Livingston) are getting old, and there is gonna be major mileage on those starters after 4 straight deep playoff runs(3 in the case of Durant). Plus(and this may be partly wishful thinking) the NBA has to know that a lot of folks are getting sick of Golden State and are really fed up with the one-sided officiating that's f'ed over first the Rockets and now the Cavs. I do think it's gonna be cleaned up at least a little bit next season.

All that being said, why not go after LeBron and improve our chances at not only winning the title next season, but several years beyond that? What's wrong with trying to not only win a championship, but be a historically great team as well?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont get me wrong if a Lebron says hey i want to come to houston, you sign him. The goal at the end of the day is to bring a championship to houston.

But yeah I also believe hou was good enough to win without him and I guess winning it that way is much more preferable would be a way to put it. Basically an unfinished business type of scenario

Bengchu likes this.
  15. noppeper

noppeper Member

I share your sentiment, as it would have been immensely satisfying to beat the Warriors (at the very least) with the team as currently constructed.

However, it did not happen, and we don't know how the rest of the league, including the Warriors (who could get even better...) will look next year. Thus, the Rockets always need to get better, and adding Lebron will more than likely make us better.

16. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I want Lebron and I don't want to hear anyone else say anything otherwise because u know nothing of BB.

cheke64, Rocket River and bmelo like this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

i have no problem bringing in Lebron. Would it be sweeter without him. Yes. Will he even come here, probably not. But in the end, if he joins, it's no different than adding Jeremy Lin, Chucky Brown or Pete Chilcutt, or trading for James Harden, Sleepy Floyd, Otis Thorpe. You add guys to your team with your available resources and roster spots to improve or get better. You are always loading your gun. Yet it doesn't mean anything until they hit the court together.

Bengchu likes this.
  18. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

If the choice is between Lebron and PG u have to get the best player period.

19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Playoff PG13 has better long range percentages vs LBJ playoff long range.

PG13 allows us to keep the ball in cp3/harden's hands but can also dribble on his own if needed.

LBJ would likely take midrange shots as they makeup a great deal of his shooting profile. Unless he can make shots from the 5-19ft range at a rate that equals the expected point production as a PG13 three, then it's not as good of a shot.

However, I would only like PG at a discount and if we still have CP3. Given our cap situation though, it's unlikely we land him at any discount he would reasonably take.

On the flip side, LBJ makes us less predictable so perhaps that is enough.

20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m all about being the underdogs and overcoming adversity to knock out Goliath, but if LeBron wants to come here I’m going to throw a ****ing parade.

We haven’t won a championship since 94-95.

It’s been long enough.

bmelo likes this.