1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Amen

Rockets-R-Us likes this.
  2. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

justtxyank and 1Deep like this.
  3. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

Just for the record, I would take Lebron over Harden any day. Lebron + Chris = Leadership we haven't had since Dream and Clyde were on the court. I just don't think James knows how to handle the pressure when it's greatest. Sorry to any Harden fans out there but he's been suspect when it's mattered most... during the second half of two elimination games.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They shoot 50% from 2 for a series and the Warriors shoot 39% from 3 and they win.

Not necessarily obviously, but it could easily happen. That's why I say 50/50. I'm disputing the fact that any talent you put together is a CLEAR favorite over the Warriors. They have the perfect lineup for this era. You can have more talent than them but that just gives you a 50/50 shot.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But do you take Harden over Chris Paul

LeBron + CP3 > LeBron + Harden??? I don't think so

Rocket River

Rockets-R-Us likes this.
  6. Victorious

Victorious Member

Would love to have LeBron. I just don't see it happening. Like it's too good to be true. We never have it that good here, do we?

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

It makes too much sense not to happen IMO.

If you're LeBron you get to go play with one of your best friends and take down a team that has tormented you.

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Sure, I'll take my turnkey championship. I won't be near as excited when we win as I would be if we had won this year (and not even close to as excited as the Hakeem years), but it's better than losing.

I will say, all Rockets fans should lose the right to talk any trash and should just take all the criticism and b****ing that come our way, because it would be warranted. Moves like this one screw up the league for true basketball fans, and I really hope the NBA finds some way to eliminate turnkey super teams, but I'm not confident it will ever happen.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

this

/thread

11. HP3

HP3 Member

This really understates how important Luc was for our Defense AND our Offense. Our BEST perimeter defender and he was actually very competent on offense before the shoulder injury. I would argue his impact was just as big as Iggy's, I think he was one of the top guys in net rating for awhile. So you are either underrating Luc or Overrating Iggy.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hey LeBron - this one is for you!