1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Brown wanted to cut Nate Robinson!? God why didnt that happen?

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

say no to mo.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

It's beyond me how anyone could possibly want Mo back. He was occasionally an offensive force, but the negatives far outweighed the positives.

4. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I like his name.

5. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I'd take bonzi in a heart beat. But if Bonzi goes elsewhere, I'd give Jalen a look for the discounted price of a FA who has no where to go. And hell no to another look at MoT. No way to MoTay

6. twoface723

twoface723 Member

very true.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

p.s. I gave my own thread one star. :D

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

black hole.

no thanks.

it's the same as the talk about going after Cato - why would we go back over past failures looking for future success?

9. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

I don't mind the black hole part as much as the fact that Mo seems to wear rebound repellant at all times. I mean, Sweet Jebus, you are 6'10'' 270 and rebounds like a shooting guard.

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I believe the exact quote from JVG in trading for absolute garbage was that he did it because he wanted Mo's F.A. out of here. And Mo was not a free agent, so you can deduce what those letters stand for.

11. SMUSMU

SMUSMU Member

Mo Taylor

Will we bring back Mo Taylor, since the Knicks are buying out his contract? He still lives in Houston, and we could probably get him at a fair price. I know he is a ball-hog at times, but I have always enjoyed MoT. I think we signed him for too much last time, and we didn't get a good return. Nothing against his game I just think he was a bit overpaid.

12. Sextuple Double

We already have a PF who can't rebound or play D yet also gives 100% effort nite in and out unlike Mo Taylor.

13. AggieRocketFan96

Please Rockets, don't do this! He was mediocre then, he is even more mediocre now. I don't see what MoT adds that JHo already gives us (which isn't much). I would much rather have an Otis Thorpe like PF, a strong defensive, rebounding PF that can finish at the rim and complement Yao's post game.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

3+ years of lurking and you debut with a "bring back Mo Taylor" thread? :confused:

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Everybody needs to give up on this "classic PF" type that is good at things around the basket like posting up, rebounding and blocking shots. Rebounding would be nice but we need a PF that can hit 15 footers. If he is a good rebounder too, excellent.

We need a guy with quick feet that can stay in front of guys like TD and Amare.

And we need a guy that can nail long jumpers. A classic PF means an extra guy to double team Yao.

Regarding Mo. Mo wouldn't want to come here because he'd know his PT was limited. I'd take Mo if

1. he wanted to come
    2. accept vet minimum
    3. be happy sitting on the bench

I don't think Mo will be coming here.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

LOL

No way would I want Mo Back. He's Juwan Howard without the effort.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Mo would add more than Twinkies (TM, Twinkies is a registered trademark of the Charles Barkley Corporation, all rights reserved) and grass (TM, "Grass" is a registered trademark of the National Basketball Association, any references to the fact that at least half the players in the league provide urine samples with twigs and seeds floating in it will be prosecuted) to his diet, he might contribute off the bench as a stretch-the-defense PF/C in the "new-look-NBA."

He had a decent passing game going with Yao, from high to low post, but again, Twinkie in one hand, joint in the other, JVG telling CD to get rid of him.

18. AggieRocketFan96

While I can understand the desire to have an unclassic PF that can shoot long range lights out, I believe we may already have those kinds of guys on the roster that can do that (Steve Novak). But as for big powerful inside players that can crash the boards, dominate defensively inside the paint, we don't really have those kinds of players. The current roster has more finesse than power. I mean, really, who is our best rebounder on the team? Chuck Hayes? He's a decent bench player but besides him and maybe Yao, we don't have that kind of power player on this team. MoT definently wouldn't fit that mold.

19. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

ban him.

20. Sextuple Double

After one post!!?? I think he already learned his lesson.