1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, how about J.J. Redick? is he good for us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, May 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

You have got to be kidding me...........

I wouldn't trade even Luther for him. If thats the case, there are much BETTER options than JJ Redick.

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Ok now why are there two JJ Redick threads in two different forums? Shouldn't they be merged together? How come my thread was moved to the NBA forum and this one is still here?

3. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

wtf... that's horrible, as bad as luther is, he's much more of a proven player than reddick. i won't trade luther for reddick straight up, much less than with a pick thrown in. horrible.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

DD is definitely way, way off on this.

Redick has no place on this team.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just when we've had one of the most successful late round drafts in Rockets history, we're back to treating 2nd round picks like dirt.

If the Reddick was in this draft and the GMs had his NBA career to date to consider, he'd be a 2nd round draft pick. Why trade Head and a 2nd rounder for a 2nd rounder.

just plan lack of understanding of what Morey would do.
    let's just throw away a Morey pick.

sigh

6. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

Dude, if you just want to drop luther i totally understand that, but trash for trash only equals trash...

and at least Luther is a proven shooter and is more effective w/ Yao on the court. You are clearly underrating Head and have a bias against him. He is worth more then peanuts.

Luther + 2nd pick >>>>>>>> reddick

it should be:

Head + 2nd pick for Evans or Bogans

or Head for Dooling straight up

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bogans/Dooling?

Ugh....if that is all we can get...then yuck !!!

I think Redick is better than Luther, so that is why I would move the two of them.

Redick is a lessor athlete but is taller than Luther and is a better shooter.

I like Redick, I think he would be a nice low risk addition....it might not work out, but we already know that Luther isn't going to work out.

DD

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't like Dooling,and he isn't as good a shooter as JJ but he is a better overall player than him. Evans is the best of the lot but even he isn't the kind of player who can help us much let alone JJ.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He is a lessor athlete. he is about to lose his tenant though.. Perhpas he will make a second career by being complimentary of other players, in a very sickofantic fashion. SHIISH.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why is everybody jumping on DD? Redick shot 39% from three-point range this season, albeit he only took 43 shots I believe he would probably shot a little better given more playing time. That percentage is also better than any other player on the Rockets team other than Novak and it would put him in the top 40 in the NBA in three-point percentage, again given enough playing time.

Right now, the Rockets don't have any real threat from outside other than Novak and occasionally McGrady, Battier, and Alston when they're on. I think the combination of Novak and Redick could be a nice little duo that gives us more outside punch. I think we have our inside wrapped up with Yao, Scola, Landry and the others, especially now with a season and playoff experience under their belts. We just need more outside firepower so defense won't be able to collapse in the paint when the ball is in with our low post players or T-Mac or whoever drives to the basket.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Now is the time to acquire Redick since his trade value is low. But......it will only happen if Redick just pitches a big fit, and really raises cane with Orlando so that he forces them to move him.

12. sook

sook Rookie

No hell no to reddick

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

JJ would be nice, but he's more of a shooter, he's an upgrade from Novak, but not much.

14. chinayao&yi1860

redick is better than novak??? :confused:

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I said back then that reddick was casey jacobson. I said then and he's done nothing to prove me wrong. On a team that features howard,lewis, and hedo and he can't beat evans or bogans for gametime.

I'm always amused when people use as college trait and think it translate to the nba. Steve Alford was one of the best shooters to ever play college. He gets drafted and can't get his shot off. At least a guy like wally s. has proven to be a decent scorer. Hell, matt carrol and richie frahm has proven better pro's than jj.

16. jopatmc

I still say that Redick will wind up having a better career than Luther Head and Steve Novak put together.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Agreed

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ehhh you might end up regretting that prediction since it seems Redick & Adam Morrison are having a "Which one of us will never sign a second NBA contract?" competition. ;)

On a more serious note, as i've stated before i'd take Redick if all else failed and we were faced with the choice of Luther or Redick as our back up SG. (Possible if Landry eats too much of the MLE, we draft a big guy and use our remaining assets elsewhere)

Redick is smart, clutch and would be a nice FT shooting/game icer weapon. His shot is also prettier and quicker to get off than Luther's unconventional shot. Defensively or with the ball in his hands, Redick couldn't possibly be much worse.

19. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Novak can only shoot. Seriously, he's not good at anything else, tangible or otherwise.

Now if you know that Reddick is just as good a shooter, and is actually an above average passer for a SG, and at his size can actually defend 30-40% of SG's in the NBA (whereas Novak can defend 0% of all forwards) then you would certainly go for Reddick.

Not to mention that I'd rather have T-Mac, Battier and a SG as our swingman rotation, rather than T-Mac, Battier and a forward.

I'd love Reddick on this team. I think he'd surprise a lot of people. I can see him shocking some teams that have overcommitted to defending T-Mac and Yao.

20. jopatmc

Uhhh, shocking?

Why do you think J.J. is chomping at the bits to get on the floor?

Dude knows he can flat out punish opponents hitting the spot up 3 off somebody else's playmaking. Redick taking kickouts from McGrady would send a lot of our opponents to the showers by the end of the 3rd quarter my friend.