1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Bud, let's Maarty !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 31, 2010.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Lmao :grin:

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Nachbar WAS great, even if it was only in this game...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5gGbsSMbXo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5gGbsSMbXo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

just for the record I said nachbar was at best a fourth option and probably a 4-8 in a rotation. I was right, and beat Sam's butt in a bet over it.

Vspan I said that he needed a shot to see if he could be part of the future but that got blown out of proportion.

The whole Dan Langhi bit was me having fun exaggerating summer league stats.

It is funny how history loses context with people who just want to b**** about someone.

Maarty is a rox asset, and this is a rox board, granted it is fun to talk about bosh in every thread but I figured a little discussion about a 10 th man could be fun too.

If you don't like it, tough t*tties!

Go Rox!

DD

#103 DaDakota, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree. You had your guys in Tracy and Ron because they were 'different' than others. too much to handle for you.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I liked Tracy until he quit.

Ron is just an idiot.

DD

1 person likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

The Nachbar video is always fun to watch. I'll give Steve credit for one thing, he always stood by his teammates. Look at the way he rushed into the fray.

PS, Karl is an a-hole, who never got a ring.

;)

7. VictorLHugo

VictorLHugo Member

He is a good player. That's all

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know if that's entirely true, DD. I came up with this doing a quick search of Vspan and DaDakota...

Showing results 1 to 25 of 213
    Search took 0.62 seconds

I didn't try any of the other spellings of The Greek's name, either. ;)

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just want to say. Haters gonna hate. Bi... gonna b****....
    It's the offseason
    You could as well talk about, Vspan, Maggette, Von Wafer....

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Then that must mean that you didn't like him from the start because he'd just quit on Orlando. Funny how no one (especially you) wanted to look at that fact until he quit on Houston as well.

Idiot? That would Morey for making that deal. No matter, that didn't stop you (and all the others here) from getting in line to kiss his ass. And it worked out SO well for the Rockets...I suppose you (and DM) keep playing his post-finals press conference over and over for the warm feelings it brings to you both.

Maarty = Spanoulis v2.0 or Badiane v1.1 (And I won't EVEN bother to mention your huge love affair with Snackbar er, Nachbar)

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah whatever!

Context folks, context.

Just look at this very thread and how folks have turned a discussion about a possible 10 th man into some man crushing type of savior.

It is funny really, how context is completely lost so often.

DD

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

a slightly better David ANderson, eh Ill pass

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's because the Rockets need help at the top of their roster rather than continue to shuffle the deck chairs at the end of the bench.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

One thing does not relate or supercede the other they are all rockets related.

DD

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The only bad thing about Luenen, Llull, Newley and others Rockets overseas assets is you don't here anything about them unless its on a Rockets forum.

16. worzel gummidge

Sorry, DD. I should've posted the news article in a new thread.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Don't be, it just exposes the idiots that only want to pick a fight without taking the time to understand context etc., and not really discuss the Rockets.

It is funny, how often VSpan gets brought up, as someone I loved, yet most of the intelligent posters on here can see that all my posts were about giving him a chance to find out if he could be part of the future, because Rafer sucked so badly.

But somehow that and Von, and others gets translated into some weird thinking that I worship players etc, when the reality is so far from the truth.

I make judgements based upon the teams needs, for example, neither Vspan nor Von are needed right now.

Right now....hehe...

;)

DD

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

They absolutely loved him at Oregon. He was their Shane Battier. Here is an example.

Also, just because he is signed by the European team, does not mean he cannot come over for the Summer League, unless the Euro Team states it in the contract or completely forbids it or whatnot. Players have done it before. I find it odd he isn't on the team. Unless Morey, et al, have kept close tabs on him, know how far he has progressed already, and want to see some other players (which is fairly likely).

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

There is just no room for him now with Pat Pat on the team, maybe one day in the future he will be brought over, or traded to a team that needs players.

He is an asset and is on the edge of the NBA...probably better than 3-4 players on the team now, but just no room for him.

DD

20. worzel gummidge

The Blazers FO have said it's a difficult process to get permission from overseas teams to allow under contract players to participate in SL. I think there's also insurance money involved. The Rockets roster is already loaded. I think both sides can see there is less opportunity to win a roster spot this season.