1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Bud, let's Maarty !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 31, 2010.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

C'mon, season has yet to start and somebody is already thinking of ways to tank?!?

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - funny....

DD

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

For every Corey Maggette (Duke! lol) or Marcus Pfizer . . . there's multiple Maarty Leunens, Dan Langhi's, Kirk Hinrich's, Bostjan Nachbar, Dan Dickau JJ Redick etc etc etc.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Maarty could be a valuable 8-10th man coming off the bench as a possible stretch 4.

And we control him as an asset....

I am in no way saying he is a starter, or close to it....just tossing his name out there as a potential player for this season to fill out the roster.

DD

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he was a pivotal player in the rockets/mcgrady comeback against the spurs. ;)

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Scott Padgett is a pretty good comparison....8th -10th player on a team that can spot start.....

Maarty is a little bit like him.

DD

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

DD's annual infatuation with a foreign/euroleague player.

This year it's Marty Leunen/

If we're gonna bring an overseas player to the Rockets, I'd rather it be Llull above everyone else.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - talking about Rocket's assets becomes an infatuation.

I mean this is just funny.....isn't this a Rockets board?

I think the problem is that the GARM has grown into one big old "Gotcha" mentality.

You can't just discuss the Rockets anymore without people coming in to criticize the poster, rather than just talk ball.

It is frankly sad....

Maarty Luenan is an asset the team controls what to do with that asset is a Rocket's related discussion......but far easier to come into a thread and whine or bash, that is easy and thoughtless.......

Any thread I start you can count on the same people coming in to be an ass.....AWESOME !

DD

#88 DaDakota, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If you can have an opinion, why can't we have opinions that differ from yours?

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Of course you can, that is 100% what this board is all about, the issue is when you say it is an infatuation when in reality it is just talking about an end of the rotation guy and someone the team controls the rights too, I am hardly clamoring for the guy.

And, I would love Llull to come over, but his contract buyout is too large this year I think.

So, I was looking at other players the Rockets control.

I would rank them in this order:

1. Llull
    2. Luenan
    3. Eliyaju (sp?)
    4. Newley

Llull I think is probably an NBA starter at some point, Luenan a spot starter end of rotation guy and the other 2, no chance at the NBA.....

DD

11. worzel gummidge

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIekamBDiAw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIekamBDiAw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What is your problem with spelling Leunen the right way?
    Who is Luenan?

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yeah exactly. The race distribution in the NBA isn't 40% non-white / 60% white.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

[​IMG]

OMG, I LOVE MARGINALLY TALENTED WHITE PLAYERS!

15. worzel gummidge

Rockets don't really need another backup SF

16. worzel gummidge

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2010/07/cantu-renewed-marty-leunen-for-one-more.html
    Source article: http://www.pallacanestrocantu.com/news.asp?tipoMenuTop=news&IdPage=news&IDNews=1291&lang=default

17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I agree this guy has been in our summer leagues for years and performed above and beyond and he is in our rio grand valley team as well and performed well there and I think he earned a chance to prove himself in the NBA.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

There goes Plan B.......

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Sigh! DD: if you keep looking for players in the junk pile all you wind up with is garbage. So you really believe that (yet) another 6-8, 6-9 PF is the answer, eh? I think you've been reading too many Bosh threads on the GARM. After a while that begins to warp your sense of reality...