1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey black people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by francis 4 prez, Sep 29, 2011.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

what do we have to do to make it stop? how do we get tyler perry to stop making new shows and movies?

http://www.tbs.com/shows/forbetterorworse/

i've tried being patient. i thought maybe it was a fad. maybe a run of good luck. but it's not stopping. no matter how crappy they look. no matter how poor the reviews end up being, another one is always on the way. i can only conclude that it's a concerted effort and plan to punish white people for all that we have done wrong.

but i, for one, am ready to concede defeat. what do y'all request of us?

money? respect? always getting the first pick in you non-keeper fantasy league?

what if we promise to keep sitcom writers from forcing middle-aged white actors to awkwardly deliver black slang/phrases as unfunny punchlines, often many years after the slang has passed from relevance (i still hear the occasional "-izzle" pop up).

do we offer donny and marie up as human sacrifices?

please, just make it stop.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qb1WUVAtseU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He's obviously doing something right.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

uh...it's dumb white people who eat that **** up...

1 person likes this.
  5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If people stop watching, the shows will stop being made. It's not that hard people!

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Just don't watch it, theres 100 other channels

7. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

There's reality shows on every single channel on TV today - yet, on a relative scale, nobody really owns up to digging that stuff. I mean, if it's on 100% of the channels, then 100% of people have to be into it, right? But ask around, and only like 10% of people will own it...freaking closet reality buffs.

This has to be the case with Tyler Perry, right? NOBODY confesses to liking the guy, but someone keeps buying it up.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

That's true i guess... Until the majority of TV watchers stop watching those r****ded shows then they will keep being produced. :mad:

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Uh no it's not.

It's black guys that are writing all of this cross dressing. Tyler Perry writes all of his movies, and the wayans brothers wrote In Living Color and White chicks. Martin Lawerence was a primary creative force in his show Martin where he frequently cross dresses, and a producer in Big Momma's House.

There's a reason meet the Browns doesn't air on one of the major networks. Tyler Perry has made a killing off of the churchgoing black comminity.

Don't try to blame white people for this. Although we may be partly to blame for the big Mommas house tragedy.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Martin >

11. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Dude...

Just stfu and don't watch it.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

To the O.P and others

1. Is anyone forcing you to watch any of Tyler Perry's shows? Is anyone forcing you to watch any of the previews? It's 2011, I'm pretty sure everyone has more than 1 channel on their tv set/cable box.

2. Howzabout Hollywood pay more attention to and give more opportunities to other black writers and producers? Until then it's going to be nothing but Tyler Perry non-stop because few others have been able to break down that barrier.

3. Once again, change the *****ing channel if you don't like the shows or previews. I don't care for any of his shows and I don't bother watching them, guess what I do? I pick up my remote and change the *****ing channel.

Hope that helps. :)

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This isn't the 1800's black people have the same opportunity as anyone else.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

...and what's the deal with black people?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

I respect that but...there are so many seriously talented black writers, actors & comedians out there that it's surprising Tyler Perry's not putting out a better product.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

LOL...that's the truth. i know a few of them.

18. ferrari77

Sure they do. Keep telling yourself that. If you really think doors aren't closed to more black writers and producers in Hollywood than those of another skin colour then you... beachfront property...Idaho.. sale.
    Believe wtf you want. Everything is copacetic and equal in all industries if you say so.

19. ferrari77

Exactly. I guess he feels he doesn't have to because he's the one that the studio's keep writing checks to and feel comfortable writing checks to because he cornered the market on black Americans longing for more movies that they could relate to, imo. He's content with what he's doing apparently.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

It's not about watching it, it's about the way black people are being represented.

Sgt. Waters would not approve.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hcaObceh-d8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>