1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

He's arguably having the best season in Rockets history,but do you now trust Harden in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Do you trust Harden in the playoffs?

1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

19.4%
  3. I trust Harden but trust Chris Paul more.

31.9%
  1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Lin fan? really? that's your comeback?

2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I'm sure she makes her men smoke crack in order to bang her.

3. threepointshot3

Another Lin troll or probably swayfags alter id. At least be original

4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Klay Thompson successfully guarding Harden?
    Broken English?

We have a LOF amongst us.

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

It actually does, David Robinson is remembered mostly for getting cooked by Hakeem during a dream shake, Tyron Lue's entire career is only noted for getting stepped over by AI.

It doesn't matter what happened, it only matters how its perceived.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Both of which are a massive disservice to both players especially The Admiral who is an all time great. Good thing for me I have common sense and a brain so I can appreciate basketball and it's players fairly.

ghettocheeze and vlaurelio like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

mavsprick jlof

LOL "i want jeremy lamb back coz I'm sure he's superstar material only fan"

#107 vlaurelio, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    ghettocheeze and ipaman like this.
  8. vlaurelio

LOL he is a proud LOF ask him yourself

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

So sticking to your original question, besides maybe LeBron who else would you trust in the entire NBA to carry the Rockets instead of Harden?

I've already pointed out the choke history and failures of Durant, Westbrook, George, Wall, Lowry, Davis, etc.

Is there any superstar you would rather trust to run this team instead of Harden?

How about Curry? You think he could run a team on his own without Draymond's illegal moving screens and Thompson's deadly corner shooting and elite defense?

See, when you think through this logic, you realize that LeBron is the only player in the league who can singlehandedly carry a team to the Finals and yet even he needed Wade, Bosh, Allen, Kyrie, Love, etc to win it all.

So tell me, who do you trust if not Harden?

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She was married to Lamar Odom and then messed around with rappers like French Montana.
    Lamar Odom almost died in a Nevada brothel with 3 girls.
    She's had more NBA players on the floor than the Toyota Center.

LorneMalvo likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no you are just changing your subject.

You original post had nothing to do with replacing Harden or trusting Harden in general, you asked if other fan bases trust on their own stars in the playoffs. The answer is I don't know because I'm not a Raptors/Pacers/Wizards fan.

But you are delusional if you don't think Raptor fans have serious trust issues with Lowry and Derozan in the playoffs or Wizard fans with Wall. But I don't care about other teams fan base or their stars, that's not my team. Harden's playoffs performance affects my team's performance, and he has obviously not earned the trust of many Rockets fans based on how he played in the post season in the past 5 years.

I don't know why this triggers people so damn much, you can trust him him 100%, but fans in Houston have every right to be skeptical. Trust is earned not given. Hell I didn't even trust Yao Ming all that much after Boozer abused him, and he is my favorite basketball player ever.

12. vlaurelio

who do you trust more? harden or last years cast and coaching around him?

what's the closest has Yao gotten to the MVP? has he ever been runner up MVP twice and MVP once?

which single player has totally abused harden in the playoffs?

this year who do you trust to lead the rockets to the playoffs? who do you trust to lead the rockets in the playoffs?

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I think your missing my whole point. Like I said, outside of LeBron there isn't a superstar in the entire NBA you can trust.

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. I'm just trying to make the point that if you don't trust Harden, then that's fine, but there isn't any other player in the NBA you can trust either unless you were trying to insinuate that there is another current Rocket you can trust more like Chris Paul -- whom by the way I have full faith in just like Harden.

So again I ask you, if not Harden, then who would you trust instead?

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

My answer is NO I don't trust Harden in the playoffs. Why should I? He has had some very weird playoff performances, and last year took the grand prize. First, he doesn't get the calls he gets in the regular season. Getting to the foul line is a major part of his game. Second, defensive pressure increases and he doesn't get the open shots he is used to. Plus, he is really not a pure shooter like Gordan. Next, he is turnover prone. He set a playoff record a couple years ago. Finally, he loses focus on defense, and while he has improved he is no "stopper." CP3 is supposed to be the remedy, we will see. Harden has a unique skill set, he is very effective at times, can even be a scoring machine, BUT he hasn't demonstrated that in the playoffs to any large measure. Hopefully, this is the year. Frankly, I am expecting CP3 to carry the load.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don;'t think it's my place to trust or not trust Harden - that's for the organization, the coaches, and his teammates. It certainly appears they trust him.

We'll see what happens, he has never had the kind of team he has had now. People who attack him forget that he has never been on a team like this.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yes, he did, the Dream had several gears; he could take it to another level in no time. In his prime, he was unstoppable.

tinman likes this.
  17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

James Harden career with rockets per 100 poss. ORTG/DRTG 118/106! In the Playoffs... 112/110...

Hakeem Career with Rockets per 100 poss ORTG/DRTG 109/98! In the Playoffs... 112/101!!!

Harden Career PER with Houston: 25.8! Playoff PER with Houston: 22.5 ...

Hakeem Career PER with Houston 23.9! Playoff PER with Houston: 25.8!!!

#117 blahblehblah, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  18. vlaurelio

because no other single player in the past years could have single handedly carried the rockets closer to a championship than Harden

ask Morey if you have doubts

unless you can think of one

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Harden's FTs last year dried up hard, going from 11 FTA in the regular season down all the way to...

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Last year his PER and TS% went from 27.4 PER and a TS% of .613, in the regular season down all the way to a 23.0 PER and a TS% of .583.
    ORTG/DRTG also dropped from to 118/107 to 111/108