1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

He's arguably having the best season in Rockets history,but do you now trust Harden in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Do you trust Harden in the playoffs?

1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

19.4%
  3. I trust Harden but trust Chris Paul more.

31.9%
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I never said any Rox team with Harden was supposed to be in the Finals. All I said was Harden has typically goes into pout mode and quits when he doesn't get his way like he did last year.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I dont know man, I got burned too many times

malakas likes this.
  3. rocketseagles07

There’s two types of people it seems like. The ones who think hardens numbers in the playoffs tell the story and he’s been great... and the people who think he’s a choker and been average to below average.

Neither are correct. I’m on a wait and see approach. There’s no debating his regular season greatness

Houstunna and ghettocheeze like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Unfortunately a lot of bandwagon fans didn't trust Hakeem until he won it all.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Typically?
    Dude had a bad game and got discouraged with MDA's crappy game plan.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If he's healthy ... Yes.

James may not be the best player in the league ... But he's one of the best . If he's healthy he will figure out how to have a great game more often than not.

The last few playoff appearances he's been he sole focus of the opposing defense . Look at how far we went when we had a playmaker like josh smith step up . Cp3 is leagues above smith . Having Paul will reduce the pressure on James by a lot .... Or it won't but CP3 will absolutely feast .

8. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

dude has had some very good playoff performances. it's absurd to judge a player solely by one of the worst performances of his career. doubt what happened last year would've happened if he had rested properly throughout the regular season and hadn't lost nene

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Chris Paul needs to be the one running the offense in crunch time.

James Harden is giving off Steve Francis-like vibes as far as turning the ball over. Yes I said it.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I trust that with Paul helping to ease the load Harden will be much better.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

My trust never wavered...

I’m not a wannabe fan. I ride and I die with my team and it’s players, especially it’s superstars.

You same swyyguy type scrubs doubting harden would have ran Akeem out of town before he became Hakeem.

Trash...

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

difference between this season is he's improved a lot. before he just took some baby steps here and there. i didnt expect to see harden get this good.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I'm all in.

ghettocheeze and BigMaloe like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I trust CP3 to keep Harden focused...

ghettocheeze and Plowman like this.
  15. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

For sure trusting Harden although he will have to get smarter with the passes to Capela & cutters as turnovers will be deadly in the playoffs.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Not yet. I need to see it.

I think Harden is gifted AF, but gets in his head when things go south. I'm hoping this is the year he matures in that area.

Good news is, tonight when he was turning the ball over on every play in the fourth, Paul was coaching him from the bench on a dead ball. and it looked like harden was listening! Hoping Paul's strategy and bball IQ helps harden in the playoffs and gives him some calm. Because it's when he panics that he loses himself

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Actually watching him play this season, we can argue he is the best player in the league right now. He's stepped up his defense incredibly and he's just destroying people every night. 60 pt tripple double is not something that comes to everyone. First in NBA History. The Rockets are having a historical season but James himself is rising to the historical figures as well. I am still so surprised Presti has a job.

tinman and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I trust the combo of Harden and Paul vs each as the sole leader of the previous teams

19. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i trust that the two of them will perform better as a pairing than solo. james probably finds away to choke this thunder game away if it was just him, but we had CP3 to steady the ship. he'll have games like this in the playoffs, but hopefully CP3 will be on point and can and save us from a meltdown.

and likewise james stepping up for CP3 when he has his weak moments.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't trust Harden's taste in rappers and celebrity girlfriends.