1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes - TV Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I've loved Heroes all season but the finale sucked. I was super disappointed.

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Regarding Sylar...

I believe Zachary Quinto has stated before that Sylar will become a regular character next season.

Regarding Hiro's dad...

The rumor goes that Hiro's dad is immortal and that all the heroes (and their powers) can be traced back to him. Just a rumor, though.

All in all, I was disappointed in the finale. When Nikki jumped into the showdown, I thought, "Sweet! All the heroes are gonna work together to beat Sylar." (I mean, that was the point of getting them together in the same place, right??) Alas, it was not to be. What a tease.

Also, if you detonate a nuclear weapon in the air, isn't that, um, harmful to the people below?

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Days of Future Past episode was easily the best, I agree.

It's my take that Peter couldn't concentrate to use Nathan's power since it was taking all of his concentration to hold back the bomb. As far as the gun, it wasn't a regular pistol, it was armed with drug tips (lethal).

I'm thinking Sylar himself escpaed. The cockroach was also present back when Bennett had him in a cell at the Paper factory. He's somehow learned how to adapt/survive, IMO. When Hiro stabbed him, all I was thinking was "lop his head off.....lop his head off....."

Evan

4. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

TV budgets for shows in their first season always sucked so I'm guessing they didn't have much for special effects and stunts. I'm sure next season will be better. But that's not to say the last showdown didn't suck.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

A lot less so than on the ground. A nuke about a quarter mile up is as nasty as it gets, but detonated in the upper atmosphere won't be that bad. Not a terrible amount of fall out.

Evan

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

great first season...sh!tty season finale. anti-climactic would be an understatement.

7. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

The best part of the finale was hearing "you can call me Noah." The future Peter vs future Sylar showdown was better...and we didn't even see them exchange blows. I was so disappointed.

8. alaskansnowman

Yeah Season Finale was pretty terrible. The episodes leading up to the season finale were not so great either. Ever since the big hiatus the writing has gone downhill.

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

OK, am I missing something with the whole Noah thing?

When he said it, I felt like it was supposed to mean something but I didn't get it.

10. B

B Contributing Member

Mainly it was the fact we had to wait the entire season to find out what his full name is. This was the man only known as HRG at the start of the season.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That was a bunch of bullcrap!

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Considering the ending of the future episode, I thought the final battle would be even more dramatic, guess not. Although it was below expectations, I'm very happy w/ the season overall.

Did anyone find Peter's conversation w/ Simone's father a little too 'Neo meets the Oracle'? Sylar's outfit at the end seemed very Matrix-like too.

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Silver lining from this week's novel:

Wireless, arguably the stupidest Hero, is now dead!

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Umm not really, she is alive on the www. That is why they showed her in the computer at the end of the novel. Not that she will show back up in teh future, but I think she has embedded herself into computer networks so she can live in them.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I was thinking Shadow King.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

My Thoughts

At the end of the season finale in Kyoto 1617 or whatever. The guy in the blue that was going against that little army was Hiro's dad. Like you said he was invincible. Maybe Hiro's dad is Kinsei? hehe

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The story semi reminds me of Harbringers
    [Even the hero being names Peter]

Peter was a wimp throughout the whole series
    and he seem to add to his wimpness at the end

Sylar seems like he would kick his *** 9 times out of 10

I wonder what they will do with the next season

oh yea. . . they have to make sure they bring back The Haitian

Rocket River

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding, he just kind of dissapeared after Claire got to new york

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry I'm late to this thread. Great opening season but I don't know if they can re-create the same tension and drama again next season. The finale wasn't terrible but the final scene was way too sweet and creamy for my taste. I guess they want to keep all options on the table for season 2.

20. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Yeah I'm a week out from commenting on the finale.
    All in all....VERY disappointing...VERY!!!

Frist of all, Sylar died to easily...it was weak. He got......stabbed!! WOW!!!!
    Really a downer considering you though Hiro would have a fight on his hands. Ans why was Hiro shipped back to 1600 something????

Also, Peter ending was weak....it reminded me of the death star exploding in the sky from Star Wars! Not too inventive!

Linderman died too easily also.

It was an AWESOME show to end that way.

But I will continue to watch again.

One question though... HOW did saving the Cheerleader save the world????
    Remind me of what she did as an individual.