1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes - TV Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2006.

1. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

what.... an ending..... what an ending :eek: :eek:

please tell me sylar isn't ****ing alive though, seriously? maybe it's just me analyzing everything ,but he can't STILL be alive?

on a side note, it'll be interesting to see season 2 with maybe a different cast and certainly in a different country. wow :)

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Nikki had to justify her role in the show. If not for her Peter would be dead. =)

3. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I wanted it to be a more epic showdown, but I got what I was expecting... Exploding man, Hiro being a hero, and Claire and NOAH getting back together.

And who the hell is worse than the boogeyman...not even a little hint?

4. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

The fight never went full bore because others interfered.

That said - PETER COULD FLY ON HIS OWN, SO WTF?

WHY DIDN'T HE???

Too scared? I don't get it. Flight was the first power (other than his own) that he picked up!

That said, I thought it was a great ending - the two brothers saving NY, and Hiro in Samurai-era Japan.

My bet is that Nathan flew up and let Peter go, while he flew away. Peter could survive the fall - in theory.

5. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a great show!

Was Kensei Hiro's father (George Takei)?

6. weakfromtoday

Supporting Member

I think Peter said that once he started going nuclear, he couldn't control his other powers.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Yea, Peter I don't think could use his other power...and I thought about Nathan just flying away and letting Peter fall and explode, but his speech was kind of a farewell one.

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

yeah if you're talking about the older guy that was the head of whatever corporation in japan.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That WAS a weak-ass showdown.

Sylar is still alive. They showed the blood going down the manhole and even had a cockroach crawling over "End of Charpter One" to kind of confirm it. We all know the Sylar/Roach theme.

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Worst, showdown, EVAR!

11. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

why is Hiro in Japan???

I'm thinking he was afraid the bomb would go off so he sent himself back in time to another place again

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I was just informed that Desperate Housewives has had better fights that that one......

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Kinda reminded me the showdown at the end of season 1 on 24 with Jack and Dennis Hopper's character.

14. BiGGieStuFF

Well it ends the show as if sylar isn't dead but in actuality i think he is. That cockroach may be playing a very subtle part but I think something has been tracking sylar this entire time. I don't think sylar went down the sewers. Why would he? If he coast is clear for him to go down there then I'm sure he's fine leaving to elsewhere. I think THE THING that molly was hinting towards dragged him down there.

Definitely not the sylar-peter showdown I was expecting but Nathan coming to save Peter once again after coming to the realization of what truly is important made up for that. That was touching and emotional.

Should have let Nikki beat the **** out of sylar though. Like to see what she could do against him. Rip a few limbs off maybe tear off his skull.

I'm satisfied but not excited about the ending but I am excited about next season.

15. BiGGieStuFF

It was basically a farewell but I wouldn't be surprised if Peter somehow convinces Nathan to release him high in the atmosphere and save himself.

question marks for next season.

DL, Parkman, Sylar, Nathan.

16. MystikArkitect

Awesome ending. I wish the fight between Peter and Sylar had been a bit better, but you can't really expect much out of them considering Peter still didn't fully know how to use his powers quite the way he did in the future episode. Wondering what the hell Hiro in the 1600's was supposed to be about but I guess we'll see next season. And I was pretty happy that Sylar was finally dead, but I guess he turned into a cockroach again just like the first time he was brought down. I cant imagine another season of Sylar trying to find more people with powers to kill them, it'd get boring quickly. Awesome show.

17. weakfromtoday

Supporting Member

Yeah, I wonder how that is going to play out in V2. I don't think Hiro realized it in those few seconds at the end of tonight's ep.

18. BiGGieStuFF

We still have yet to see this character too..
    [​IMG]

19. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Sylar as a weakened/crippled, twisted, sewer-dwelling baddie could work out well.

If Nathan did die, then it was a noble sacrifice - I don't know that it would make sense given the storylines and the amount of time invested in Nathan...

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When they were talking about Clare shooting Peter, I always assumed that it meant that they would take him out into the desert or some remote island, remove the bullet, and would come back alive, at which point he could blow up without hurting anybody else.

Am I the only one who thought that the flying Nathan plan was more harmful than the original bullet-to-the-brain plan? It seems like Nathan dies when there could have been no death. Am I missing something?