1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes - TV Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2006.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Anyone else getting into the new show Heroes? Man is it good...and the ending last night....WOW !!!

I love the graphic novelist tie in....and the people from around the world all converging on NY City.

I am just mesmerized by the show, it is very X-files-ish.....but even better.

I also love Studio 60....but I think Heroes is my new favorite dish on Monday nights.

DD

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i caught the first episode and have downloaded last nights and weeks before but havent gotten around to watching them, maybe tonight after "watching" the rockets game in the chat room. the first episode looked to be good but it seemed to me there was a lot of info to be crammed into that first episode and they probably should have made it a 2 hour pilot premiere like most big shows (nbc looks to have invested a lot into this show) but i have heard a lot of good things from people who saw the last two episodes. i do like the characters of the artist and the japanese boy.

on the other hand i tried watching the nine and i had to turn it off 20 mins into the show

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I missed the 1st show . . and have not watched the other two yet

It should take my 4400 Fix [considering it is on hiatus for a while
    if not permanently]

Rocket River

4. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I'm a big fan so far. I disagree with you about Studio 60. I gave it a shot, but I just don't like it.

I do like Kidnapped and Smith, which are both being cancelled, so I guess I'm no expert.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I like Smith. I didn't know it was being cancelled. It has only been like 3 episodes so far.

Heroes is a pretty good show. The parts about the single mom are dark and kinda scary!

A fix for Monday, until 24 comes back on air.

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I didn't care for Studio 60, either. I loved Sorkin's previous shows, but Studio 60 just didn't do it for me.

I like Heroes and am interested to see where it's going.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Man, that sucks, I like Smith :(

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

4400 may be one of the biggest turds of a show ever. While the story had promise, the acting is so horrible that it completely ruins it.

9. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

It is indeed a bit slow, but that can be somewhat expected due to the numerous threads that are going about. IMO, though, Heroes is one of the best new shows this season. It's very well done and executed, and the music is pretty cool as well. I think what appeals to me, at least, is the fact that most of the characters are somewhat normal people, with normal lives (they aren't all like beautiful, perfect body people that are successful); it's kinda cool to see how they handle things and their new found special ability. It's not a perfect show (there are some parts I can do without), but overall, the fact that it's got a good story and it's well executed makes it a great show. BTW, Hiro by far is the most enjoyable character.

10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

im with you DaDa, im entirely hooked on this show. I love the dark feel around it, just makes for great tv.

11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Is hero like watching Unbreakable with Bruce Willis? I liked that movie a lot. It just seemed more realistic than any of the other superhero based movies. Just seemed like everyday people in everyday situations like you and I and what we would do with our powers.

12. Mr Boo

I would say "'Yes" :)

13. Mr. Brightside

Hiro is cool, but I like the cop who can hear people's thoughts. Thats a cool superpower.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I like them all.....

But one of my favorite bits so far is....

The cheerleader waking up with her ribs exposed and tied to a bed at the end, clearly by Shilar.

I LOVE THE NEW SPOILER code....THANKS CLUTCH !!

DD

15. Mr Boo

NVM...DaDa got it ;)

Responding to DaDa's spoiler:
    Are you certain, it's Sylar? I'm hoping it's not...

16. Mr. Brightside

I thought that was done by the coroner. They opened her guts because she was dead up to that point until they took that stake out of her head.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

That’s what I was thinking too..

I think this is the best new show of the VERY lack luster new TV season IMO.. I really like the feel of the show and although some of the acting is HORRENDOUS at best (Football quarterback) the show packs a good punch and has solid endings each time..

I also think that Hiro is the best character and I loved the line about him getting a costume... Also, that Ali Larter lady is really good looking..

18. Nashvegas

Yep....first show to get the hook. Being replaced by CSI reruns.

Kidnapped is not actually "cancelled", but it has been cut from 22 episodes to 13, and will not be renewed and also is now on Saturday nights. At least we will get to see how it ends.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The Coroners.....of course.....that makes more sense.......I also love the Cop that can hear things, but what was up with that guy in the bar that was just staring at him, and he could not hear his thoughts? Creepy

Love the new code....private conversations which don't spoil the show for everyone.

DD

20. Nashvegas

Dada....did you not watch the previews? It answers your question.