1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes [Season 4]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bladeage, Sep 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

And the whole Sylar in to the Nanthan thing... guess the writers read the Exiles comics too.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i just watched the first 5 minutes and decided I couldn't take anymore after encountering Claire's new roommate

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I recorded both episodes and watched the first one. Not impressed. I'll probably watch the second one and then decide. This show appears to be a flat tire that cannot be repaired.

After the almost magical first season, I figured they wouldn't be able to recapture the same dynamic again.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Well if this makes you feel any better, she wasn't around for very long.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched and thought lasts nights stuff was okay. I was into the Peter story and the Carnie stuff too. The Claire part doesn't bother me because I know it will tie in with the Carnie's soon enough. I was less into the Matt part, but I think if they play it right and turn him into a bad guy it may work. Teh Hiro stuff was okay, but I mainly say that, because of some of the stuff I have read will come to pass from it. The part they showed last night is going to give reason to him and Ando going separate ways and start his final journey.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

It was alright last night, setting up for future episodes...wasn't blown away, but wasn't turned off either...I just want the tat'd girl to turn around so I can see her artwork in the front...

So, the californication girl is now all up in Claire, so should I expect a girl on girl scene? btw, she looked hotter in californication....

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats who it was, she annoyed me too for some reason.

was meh about the entire episode i'll watch maybe another 3-4 to see if this episode just set up what hopefully is a better season.

oh and I like how they just used UCLA again and somehow called it arlington of course those werent dorms i think claire jumped out of Powell library actually.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

they should just restart from the end of season 1 or 2. I'm sure the fan base would not mind if they just claimed season 3 to be some sort of dream (or nightmare) :D

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They *****ed up so much in season 2 and 3 that it's irrepairable. Ruined a very good premise IMO. They need to cancel the show and come back in 5 years with a brand new cast and writers.

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yeah, she's not a very good actor, either. Very 1-dimensional. I think she'll have a power though... seems like the same one that chick in the diner in Texas that Hiro befriended. She picked up Guitar Hero and forensics pretty quick so far.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Has this show been so bad that nobody has bothered to offer opinions on new episodes?

I haven't watched this season yet and im not sure if i want to start.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it hasn't been bad. it appears they are taking their time to develop the story. not like the plot twists and personality changes of last season.

13. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Don't even bother watching it. It's so dull and boring.

I say that but yet I continue to watch it anyways because I like to finish a series no matter what. Maybe the storyline will pick up later on in the season.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i decided to watch the first couple episodes, but the plot is going absolutely no where. Nothing is going on and it is boring me. I didn't think it was possible to be even worse than last season. The story has not progressed at all

15. GRENDEL

I agree they are moving slowly, nothing huge has happened as of yet and the end of this weeks episode was intriguing.

Not terrible but not great either.

16. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I think the pacing of this season (and last season too) is pretty bad. The show really, really drags... and is very slow to develop any points of interest. And.. I understand Hiro is kind of like the face of the show.. but.. he's sooo annoying and one dimensional... his character needs to be killed off... i think that alone would improve the show by 2x.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Why the hell are we not seeing anything the was from the future in season 1? By season 4 we should at least be seeing the connection between things like future Hiro with the samurai sword and the ponytail, Peter with all of his powers back and that scar across his face and other stuff I'm forgetting.

Last season could have been packed into 6 episodes without losing anything important. This season seems slightly quicker in pace but still waaaay to slow.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I was wondering the same thing. However the Hiro thing had something to do with Ando dying, but Hiro prevented that so his future is different now.

But yeah, the first season made the future look so bad ass, instead it is ****

19. GRENDEL

I always assumed that their actions in season one prevented that future.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I feel ya.
    I think the pacing is slow and direction less
    in these 1st episodes
    HRG has decided to hunt them . . not hunt them . . hunt them again
    Pick a fricking direction and go into it.

Carnival dude. . . We still don't know what his deal is
    the thing with introing these folx is .. . you have to wonder
    where were they the last few seasons.

Hiro needs to be retired
    Actually I think More Ando would be better. . .

I think it would have been a better story to explore
    NATHAN with Sylar's power. Explore how actually he would be worse
    than Sylar . . .more of a dictator .. . [Then again the scene where Nathan turns to Sylar in Season one and flies off. . . seems to be on course at this point]

Rocket River