1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Locke, Sep 24, 2007.

1. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

my question:

I watched the all 2 episodes of season 2 so far, but i haven't really watched season 1, just a couple of episodes here and there.

do i need to watch all season 1 episodes in order to enjoy season 2?

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

In short... yes.

This kind of show doesn't make any sense unless you watch all the episodes in order.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree with you. The first two episodes were boring and so far Heroes is living off the coattails of last year. The novelty has worn off. I'll keep watching for a while to see if things improve.

4. professorjay

professorjay Member

I agree w/ the general sentiment here. These feel like mid-season fluff episodes. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that this is all for setting up what's to come, but it feels really drawn out. Especially the Mexican brother/sister combo. Episode 1 - trying to reach the border. Episode 2 - still trying to reach the border...and black liquid comes out of the sister's eyes. There has been absolutely no development w/ these 2 that couldn't have been done in 5 minutes of one episode.

They better step it up w/ the next 2 episodes.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Too many annoying or boring characters.

Molly
    Claire & her boyfriend, especially her BF.
    All these actors with obviously fake Irish accents.
    The Wonder Twins.

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Member

I haven't thought these new episodes are bad. If you really think about it, most of season 1 was slow, too. This show is a lot of setup with a few weeks of really good action. Last season was slow for the first several episodes, it picked up for a while, went into more setup, then finished with each of the last episodes getting better and better. At least thats how I remember it for the most part.

I'm prepared for there to be a whole lot more setup but know that it will start to get real good at some point. I think the guy who killed Hiro's father and attacked Mom Petrelli is someone we haven't seen yet. If it is someone we've seen, the Nathan theory someone proposed earlier is solid.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is exactly why after the final episode from season 1 ended, I wondered if Heroes could be successful long term. The novelty is off and many people aren't going to be as patient the 2nd time around waiting on the setup for the final episodes. Unless they make the journey more interesting in a hurry, the show is in trouble. From my standpoint, the least they could have done was make the first episode riveting to start things off with a charge. Instead, it was zzzzzzz and episode 2 was more zzzzzzz. Some of the plot lines will be interesting but some will end up being a major drag.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Sylers back! I suspect she drugged him that prevents him from using his powers.

I don't care for the clair/west thing.

And still no direction with the south american siblings.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

WTF is this stupid show about?

10. Rocket G

Rocket G Member

Dude, retire the schtick already.

It's old.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I was fortunate to not watch this show on a weekly basis. I think i would have been bored out of my mind. It was much more interesting when you can watch several episodes at a time.

and i say the same thing about lost ... WTF is this show so interesting.

12. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

No doubt. I have to think Hollywood has plenty of genuine Irish citizens with acting chops. Were none of them available?

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Alright, I watched it today and have a question:

what the heck was that painting showing at the end? I couldn't quite make out what was painted, although it did look like someone was dead

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

It was Mr. Bennett lying dead with I thing Claire and West in the background.

15. AGBee

AGBee Member

Claire falls in love with West...West wants Noah dead....yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Well, the main guy who plays Ricky, Holt, McCallany, is American but he spent his childhood going to school in Ireland. And the chick and one of the thugs are British if that means anything.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I think its a bit of a stereotype, like saying all Texans are hicks and slow talkers. To find a strong irish accent, you have to get out in the sticks. Now as far as looks ... they don't look irish in the least bit, especially her.

18. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Member

They're too busy playing roles with bad American accents.

19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Suresh's monologues at the start have to stop! I think there was a period in season one where they stopped it for awhile then brought them back. They really make my hair stand.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I know, it's so eh for me.

Me and the wife are still trying to not get annoyed with the wonder twin story line but its getting harder and harder. And what the hell is her power suppose to be, what in her tears makes people 'die'