1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Locke, Sep 24, 2007.

1. mateo

mateo Member

I just realized that there are dozens of graphic novels that I missed out on this summer, I had no idea they continued them during the offseason. Too bad they killed off Sulu. I read that episode 8 explains what happened to everyone right after the season finale, so we have some time to wait.

Overall good season premiere. I tivoed Journeyman, did anyone watch that?

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I watched it only because it had Lucius Vorenus from Rome in it. It was ok but nothing spectacular. I may give it another couple of tries only because of LV being in it. If you ever watched Rome, you know the dude can act. If you didn't you probably think he sucks. Boy, what writing can do for an actor.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I thought it was OK. I'll give it a few more viewings before I make a judgement on whether I'll watch it every week. It kind of reminded me of Quantum Leap which was one of my favorite shows.

I kind of liked Chuck too.

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I was going to record Chuck but forgot. I'm gonna try to find it online and will watch the next episode next week. I've heard it was decent.

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Member

For some reason, I have thoughts in my head that the hooded person is Hiro's sister.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This weekend I will look into the Graphic Novels.
    I have missed alot

Rocket River
    never read any during the whole series

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't like the first episode at all. They better pick up the pace soon. I felt it would be hard to continue the series after the first season.

8. oomp

oomp Member

Interesting - she has to be part of the story. Brothers and sisters are everywhere in this series.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Actually enjoyed Chuck quite a bit, think it has potiental to be very good, light fare but still good.

10. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

I guess I'll be the first to comment on tonight's episode.

I liked how HRG and the Haitian reunited. That was a special moment to me, since they've been through so much together. When I saw Peter trying to break free from the ropes, I thought he was going to use his super strength and tear it apart, but nope I see him use the phasing ability. I wasn't quite sure if he got D.L.'s powers or not when he fought Sylar but I guess so. Peter is so badass now with all his powers. Damn...

11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

After reading the comics I like the Haitian even more so I was glad to see him. His first few comments had more meaning if you had read the graphic novel. He must have felt so much torment.

His power is subtle but can be so dangerous. He can basically mindwipe you with just a thought.

I'm glad he's back with HRG. I really really really really hate that kid in claire's school. Part of me wanted Claire to call the cops. I mean even if he told the cops what he saw who would believe him? They need to kill his character fast because he's creepy.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess is that it is Takezo Kensei.

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Didn't think about that one. He is probably immortal for one and he did kind of walk out there with a strut and is athletic. Not much to go on but hopefully they will reveal more clues but at a bit quicker pace.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Enjoyed this episode quite a bit, I agree with you about the kid in Claire's school, he gives off more of a creepy vibe than anything else.

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

My theory on the death of Hiro's father:

I think the person doing it is someone with Mind Control powers. I believe he MC'd Nathan to kill Hiro's dad, and possibly Claude to attack Mrs. Petrelli. I think she has a couple more weeks left in her, just long enough to share her story with Nathan or someone else before she dies.

I am getting into most of the story lines so far, except the Maya and Alejandro one. I think it is too drawn out. It seems like it is going to take them half the season to get across the border. The story is pretty repetitive, they get separated she gets upset, kills people then he comes back and fixes it. My guess is in two weeks (it will take them that long to move across Mexico), they are trying to cross the border from Mexico to the US, she'll get separated from him for some asinine reason and kill some people, then he'll come back and make her feel better. BTW it seems like her tears are poison, and he is the antidote.

16. HipHopSince1981

Maya's eyes are creepy.. and yea, seems like her brother takes it away and fights it off within him..

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I think you might be on to something, from the previews they keep showing with Sylar, he's sitting there in some fantasy talking about how truely incredible she is, I had assumed that the woman has the power to create false realities.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah I have DVR'd JourneyMan both weeks, but have yet to watch it. I am in serious danger of falling way behind right at the beginning, as I also haven't watched Reaper or Bionic Woman yet either, but they are sitting there waiting for me on the machine.

Yes, Chuck is good, let's hope it manages to stay a while to develop some of these characters. I really like the creation of a main character in a series in Adam Baldwin's NSA psycho-dangerous dude, where you never know from week to week whether or not he is going to kill the main character.

And yeah, I was asking myself the same question about JourneyMan - Didn't we already have this series in Quantum Leap?

As for the 'mysterious killer' who killed Sulu, it probably is not his daughter, since the killer is supposedly one of 'the Twelve' original members of their group.

(By the way, what was Sulu's 'power' anyway? Did he even have one? What about Mrs Petrelli? She could tell Parkman was reading her thoughts, that's some clue I guess.. but never anything about Sulu.. hmm..)

This mysterious killer has to have multiple-type powers, similar to Sylar and Peter. He could physically leap off a building and survive, and he also was able to attack Mrs Petrelli without actually being in the room, or was incorporeal, or something like that.

Question is, is this the same person who the little girl sees in her dreams, the 'bogeyman'? Or is that some other bad guy we have yet to even glimpse?

And Kensei has Claire's power (at least), but there hasn't really been anything in the series yet to imply that any of these beings could be considered to be 'immortal', so if something like that turns out to be true, they will have to give some hints to it first.

As for these South American kids - maybe this 'cursed blackness' inside Maya is the 'bogeyman'? Just a thought. At any rate, those two are either going to have to be cured, or killed, kind of like Ted I guess - too dangerous to be allowed to live in their current condition.

Anyway, it's starting out well, asking some teasing questions, but really just setting things up with lots of questions (How/why regarding Peter handcuffed in a locked boxcar in Ireland?? And we still haven't seen Sylar or DL, Micah and our favorite hottie yet..), so I am sure we really 'ain't seen nuthin yet'.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

It was weird because the digital guide preview said something like "and Nikki and Micah leave Vegas" then they didn't show them at all. But they were in the previews for next week. I'm wondering if they re-edited some episodes to draw a few things out longer. The preview also said something about Parkman asking for help. :confused:

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

The season premiere was ok, and last nights episode was alright, nothing too exciting...

Is it me or is it boring...