1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Locke, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

I thought it sucked. Big time. Almost as bad as last years finale.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

To be fair, it wasn't supposed to be a finale. But you know, writers strike and stuff.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Now we have to wait to find out who the guy who walked out of the press conference. Most likely Nathan's shooter.

4. Tuan

Tuan Member

Nathan doesnt really have to die off does he? I mean they can just give him some of Clarie's or Peter's blood. :D

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

I don't think peter's blood carries those attributes but i believe they could give him some of claire's blood. The question is how long is the window of opportunity. Claire should find out about the shooting on the news and it should dawn on her that her blood could save him. AT LEAST IT'D BETTER!!!

6. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

That way she will have saved both her daddies! I hope they don't kill off Nathan...then again I want to see Peter go Rambo on the Company's ass.

7. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

they dont need 2 guys that can fly...

8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

Correction, there's 3 of them that can fly.

9. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Man this ended like a bad Indian movie (Malayalam movie to be specific)

Nicki gets her ass blown up in a building and then peter gets whacked right when he is about to reveal his stuff. Man for real, something more original than that. If Hiro is smart enough to put Adam in the coffin why not do the same with Sylar?

10. count_dough-ku

They originally planned two separate storylines for the first and second halves of the season. So it was intended as the fall finale all along.

And yes, it sucked. Once again there were massive plotholes that required characters(especially Peter) to act like complete morons.

If there's one benefit from the strike, it's that it gives Tim Kring and Co. plenty of time to go back to the drawing board and come up with a storyline that doesn't completely blow. That is, if they're even capable of that. I'm seriously questioning the writing ability of those guys right about now.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Member

And see, here's the problem: When they brought Bennett back with Claire's blood, the writers created a deus ex machina trump card that can't possibly be topped. There's literally nowhere to go from here if heroes can be brought back from the dead at will. All drama and tension has now been reduced to zero. And what sucks is that the writers already backed themselves into a corner by creating an all-powerful, can-do-anything hero (Peter) and a guy capable of BOTH time-hopping and teleportation (Hiro). Now, with this whole blood business, the writers have taken "corner-backing" to a whole new level. The only way out of this giant mess is for Claire, Peter, and Adam to all die (and for Hiro not to go back and stop it). And not just a typical death, either. They need to be vaporized into atoms so that their blood cannot be used or synthesized in the future.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

If a bullet in the head kills Peter permanently. Why does he survive that shard of glass in his head in season 1?

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Based on what I'm reading from each of you, this show has jumped the shark. The long delay we are in for before the next new episode is not helping matters any.

Maybe they should just go ahead and cancel it now. :D

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member

Some of us have always dreamed of a show just like this one and we wanted it to be great so badly that we believed it was better than it really was. So maybe this show has always been this bad?

15. crimemastergogo

16. tomato

tomato Member

Yes. I've actually always thought this show was bad, but it's just interesting enough, barely, to keep me watching. Or maybe I'm just weird like that. Can't say I feel like I'm wasting my time

17. count_dough-ku

He can also survive a nuclear explosion. It's called a plothole. And Season 2 was filled with them.

As VesceySux said in his post, the writing has been so bad this year that they've written themselves into a corner now with virtually any storyline they decide to go with.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

because it is stupid to say a bullet in the head would kill Adam
    When
    Horn Rim Glasses survived a bullet in the head . . .with just a SAMPLE of his blood

Rocket River

19. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

So are we all in agreement that HRG killed Nathan?

(And killing his adopted daughter's real father)

20. mogrod

mogrod Member

Yea, certainly plausible considering that Nathan exposing their powers and the company would expose Claire as well and put her in danger.