1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Locke, Sep 24, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

in the promo for the next episode they show a screen with the images of peter's brother, matt, claire, hiro, and veronica mars with the statement "2 heroes will fall".

i'm guessing they'll be knocking off veronica mars since her body can't heal and she's deteriorating and claire's death is faked to hide her from the company.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think they knock of Veronica Mars and Maya.

DD

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I saw some potential spoilers at 9th wonders. So if you really want to know click:

Elle doesn't die; she fights Sylar and comes out as a hero. Maya is killed but brought back by Mohinder. The other death is rumored to be Nikki

4. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Sometimes I really want to punch Hiro in the face. I mean really, what a moron. He picks the absolute dumbest times to time travel to. Why not go back in time to save Isaac, stop Sylar when he only has his powers, save your pops? What is wrong with you?

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

I love this show but Mohinder is turning into a complete douche bag. When is the last time you met an Indian guy this dumb?

6. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Did I miss this in season 1? When do we find out Sylar has to eat the brain to get their power? I mean really how did this jabroni figure this out?

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

seriously I sit there and go this guy is supposed to be a super educated genetics doctor and he has the common sense of a 3 year old. its really started to piss me off.

season 1 was far superior to season 2 i dont know how much of it has to do with the writers strike. peter is also grinding my gears being so naive and blindly trusting adam.

the only one that i really like in all of this is sylar and he got stuck with the annoying twins (alejandro is cool, but maya got she is sooo freakin annoying)

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

It has never been mentioned. It is speculation because one of the writers said that he ate the brains. Tim Kring came back a little cryptic and said "Well we really don't know that he eats them..." He didn't say he did or didn't, so a lot of people assume from the writers comments that he does. Personally I don't think he does even though he seems like the type of pshycopath that would do that. I just don;t think it fits in with what we know about his power. He can look at things and see how they work. It doesn't seem like he would have to eat the brain to assimilate the power.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Well on the good side, one wonder twin down one to go, hopefully it won't be too much longer for Maya.

Adam and Peter's story are the only one I find intresting at the moment but I get the feeling everything, even if rushed, will be tied together somehow next week.

10. emjohn

emjohn Member

Maya seems to be a goner, but being cynical - TV shows are slow to kill off ethnic characters (non black, non white, specifically). It's why Mohinder here and Sayid on LOST are nearly locks to survive up until the last season, when all bets are off. You can kill Sulu with 2 other prominent Asian characters (funny how neither one of them are actually Japanese) around, and you can kill Maya's brother, but being the last South American left may get her a pass. Maybe that's unPC of me to say, but it's tough to dispute.

I would not be totally shocked if Maya turns on and kills Sylar if she were to figure things out. Sylar of course, somehow surviving and shirking off to return in S3.

On the Sylar note, I always took the eating brains (unseen but suggested) aspect as a nod to tribal warriors eating the hearts of their slain enemies to gain their power - which was also seen in Kraven from Spiderman comics. I don't think he literally eats them, but has to get at them anyway. The show has made it clear that the powers are based in the brain. Sylar somehow can "cut and paste" the brain's power cortex. Best not to dig deep there....

Speaking of TV science - I wanted to hurl a rock at the writer that scripted our PhD geneticist Suresh to say "her blood is making my antibodies stronger." Dear Christ people. If you don't know anything about how something works, don't throw in lines like that. Run it by someone that took human physiology in high school or college....

I somewhat expect Adam to pull a Darth Vader and become a good guy again, but I may be way off. Hiro seems to always be more interested in redemption if it's possible.

In a way, I'm happy that this show may end up just having a brief 11-episode forgettable Season 2. Kring has admitted that they bungled the first 5 episodes, actually listed (correctly) the things people hated about them, and I have hope that they will turn things around. They may be on strike, but writers and producers are still thinking about ideas. This would let them take their time and come back with a major bang in Sept 08.

That's preferable to me than what happened in LOST. They went too deep for too long losing fans by the hundreds each episode with their ridiculous "keep em confused" philosophy. ABC sat them down and straightened them out, but only half the original audience will see the rest of that series...

Evan

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yea. . how do most folx figure some of their powers are kind of crazy to me
    but
    I think the cutting the brains out thing . .was not necessary
    but maybe a mental block by Sylar
    I thought he was just like Peter .. . merely being close would be enough
    but
    he has to go the extra mind. . in his mind

Rocket River

12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

They're not? :confused:

13. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

The guy who plays Hiro is Japanese...but the guy who plays Ando is Korean I believe.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Oh I thought he was referring to George Takei and Masi Oka not being Japanese.

15. Locke

Locke Member

Why couldn't Maya stay dead?

16. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

she's got big boobs, that's why.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I'd hit it.

18. Locke

Locke Member

Just dont piss her off.

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

You'll still have time to shoot her :). Sylar was my hero but damn he made Suresh bring her back to life.

When she came back I knew Nathan was biting the bullet :(. No one else left at that point :(

I thought it was a good episode tonight. I'm actually looking forward to next season.

Can't Kensei eventually get out? He'll just keep gnawing away at the dirt. Might take some time but he'll get there eventually right? what about food and water? I'm sure his ability to heal can't compensate for that.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I watched Highlander 3 last night. Mario van Peebles and his crew survived a couple of hundred years trapped in a cave. Lesson: Immortals don't need food.