1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Locke, Sep 24, 2007.

1. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Keep in mind Noah spared his life when he should have been killed.

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I think shooting a dude in the FREAKING EYEBALL makes you cold blooded! He could've aimed for the arm or the body or the leg, just about anything...

I won't hate Mohinder if it turns out he reacted in a split second decision like that...but I personally don't believe that it wasn't planned.

HRG is freaking Jack Bauer. He has a plan, and you especially don't get the jump on him. Bennett knows that the paintings almost always come true...and I bet he thought the only way to escape his death as it showed in the painting was to orchestrate it on his own, under his terms.

The only hitch in this plot is expecting that Mohinder, doofus extrordinaire, could actually aim for and hit an eyeball.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

And I'm sure Suresh was relieved as hell but he still had that urge to do what's right. If he was cold-blooded he wouldn't have felt the regret and remorse aftewards but who knows what else is going through Suresh's mind. Maybe he does go bad but I doubt it but I'd hate to be him when Noah gets a hold of him later on. :p

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Maybe he was aiming for the arm but completely missed, that's why he felt like such a douche afterwards while holding the gun. :)

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

What if it's not Claire's blood but Adams? Adam and Peter are on a mission to take down the company and HRG seems like an obvious ally, now as to how they'd have known about him and Bob and the whole incident is beyond me but I'm just throwing it out there

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

I thought of that too...I forgot to mention but I like how Hiro found out who killed his father...Hiro is about to go wild...

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

If I were Hiro, I would have taken the sword that Ando brought and cut off Adam's head while time was still frozen.

8. professorjay

professorjay Member

Word. You let fate take it's course already. Might as well kill him right there and then rather then let him go and chase him around. But then again that might make the next few episodes pretty tame.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who's blood did that use to Cure Nathan of his hideous facial disfigurement?
    I thought it was Adam's

Rocket River

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

It was.

I believe Claire and Adam have the same abilities. It's just that Adam's powers have evolved to include immortality, just like Matt's powers have evolved to include mind control.

I believe that for whatever reason, the company doesn't have any of Adam's blood. He and Peter escaped before they realized the Shanti virus had mutated and Mohindar's blood is now ineffective. With Adam gone, they can't take his blood and now have to rely on Claire.

11. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I want Peter to remove Adam's heart DL-style, and let Hiro bring it back to the swordsmith's daughter in the past.

I also want Mohinder to be infected with the virus to see if he can create new antibodies. Immunology 101, people.

12. Tuan

Tuan Member

If they knew all this, why didnt they just take Peter's blood to begin with? Cant he regenerate as well?

13. Nero

Nero Member

In this show, what they DON'T tell you is usually just as important as what they do.

The show pointedly does NOT tell you where HRG ends up, or specify whose blood it is which revives him.

This is done deliberately to fuel the mystery and the discussion.

Yes, we saw Bob take Claire's blood, and many will assume it was Claire's blood which is being used. It may well be. But because we know of at least one other person whose blood can do the same thing, and have in fact seen it done, then then other possibilities exist.

Also, take into account the fact that other people know what Claire's abilities are, as well as other people knowing what was in the paintings, and the possibilities expand.

For example, HRG shared the paintings' contents with his wife. Suresh knows too, and we can probably safely assume that Bob knows. Interesting to note that the Haitian knows also.

I will not be surprised to see ANY of those people walk through the door when we next see HRG.

I think, though, that we can rule out Adam and Peter, as neither have ever been shown to know anything about these new paintings.

I think an interesting scenario would be for it to work out thusly: HRG left instructions with his wife that, if the events depicted in the painting were to come true (Claire being shown near the end to be revealing what happened to her mother), she was to have West zoom and retrieve his body, then use Claire's blood to try to revive him. It would definitely be a cool twist. It would also be cool to see the Haitian there as well somehow.

Anyway, another thought just occurred: What if Sylar and Adam were to come into contact with each other? Suppose Sylar somehow gets his powers back to the point where he is able to 'steal' abilities again. Would he be able to steal Adam's? Given Adam's almost-instant healing ability, it would probably be an interesting confrontation.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Peter's blood isn't naturally regenerative. It only mimics regenerative powers when Peter needs healing. The big question is why they don't have a stash of Adam's blood if they truly had him hostage for 30 years.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

if adam were to be split down the middle would he regenerate into two adams?

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Exactly.. I think Mohinder was aiming for say... his arm or something. There's no way a guy so concerned with carrying a gun would have made that clean a shot on his first try.

17. emjohn

emjohn Member

Given the wife's reaction to Claire's news, I can't believe that she had a plan ready.

Two theories I could buy:
    1) This was a sell job by Mohinder to fully gain Bob's trust, and didn't necessarily include Bennett in the plans (his shock awakening). Reasoning being the unlikelihood of Mohinder going this south as a character and knowing that Bob was aware of the paintings (shot through the eye). Holes: Mohinder's look in the van, how Mohinder arranged for HRG to be moved and receive the IV (possibly Haitian).

2) This was done by Adam/Peter. Hole being they were in Montreal and shouldn't have a clue about anything in Cali. Believable in that Adam's blood works just as well, they also want to drop the company, and Peter could teleport them in a blink. No sign of them all episode.

Sad to see Sulu go (again), but two thumbs up for some strong acting as he went out the door.

Hey, kid Hiro - WTF are you doing playing swords? That's your freaking mom's funeral going on! Pay some m*f*ing respect!

Evan

18. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Why doesnt the Haitian just stand next to Adam and bust a cap in his ass?

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

To me he is the definitely underrated. Basically he evens the playing ground. I wonder if he can cancel everyone's power out with a field or he has to focus on each person individually.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Love this show...damn the writer's strike.

DD