1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heroes Season 2.. Sept 24th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tbplayer22, Sep 12, 2007.

1. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

So it's back same day and same time slot. I can't wait! To me this is the best series on television right now and hope that Season 2 comes through. Who else is eagerly awaiting the first episode?

2. Blitz

Blitz Member

i cant wait... two great days sept 24, heroes, sept 25, house!
    heroes is an awesome show because of the character development.. awesome to see each character grow through each episode.

cant wait

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I am 2 dvd's into season one and loving it. Hopefully I will be finished by the time season 2 begins. Great show

4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I didn't watch it last year but have been watching the DVDs. I'm up to the episode where the cheerleader meets her 'real' mom. I like it more then I thought I would. Hiro & Ando are great. I hope to be caught up by the time season 2 starts.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

alejandro and maya are immigrants on the run from the law, each with powers that are dependent on each other... maya(dania ramirez) and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) will be introduced in episode 1 and will have recurring story lines throughout season 2

6. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

During the season last year I kept thinking they would let me down. There is so much potential, yet so many opportunities for writers to screw it up. Well I got to say I was more hooked the entire way through then any other season of any other series in the past. Even the story line I didn't like much (DL & Niki) turned out to be good in the end. It's hard to follow up such a great first season, but if they can come close I'll still be a happy man.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hell yeah...I can't wait for this...I'm glad that Heroes starts now so it doesn't run when 24 is on...I hated tivo'n Heroes...

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Wow I had no idea they were still releasing comics. Looks like I got some reading to do :)

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

you will be able to buy the first set of comics (up to number 34 I think) in hardback graphic novel form soon. DC I believe is putting it together. There were also comics given away at some best buy's when you bought the dvd's. I unfortunately didn't get one.

Edit: found a link http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=8389

#10 Hayesfan, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Isn't Heroes a copycat of The 4400? Seems like it is already more popular after just one season.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good grief no. The 4400 is absolute crap compared to Heroes. It's like saying that any car is as good as the next just because it has four wheels.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man that blond chick is getting ridiculously hot ~ is she legal yet?

;)

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Hayden Panettiere turned 18 in August. :p

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Sep. 25 is only special to me because of Halo 3.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Point taken, but I read somewhere that Heroes was created specifically because of the success of The 4400. Just like movie studios, the television networks and cable channels shamelessly mimic successful shows made by competitors.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'd like to see that article. It was my understanding that they, NBC-Universal, approached Tim Kring to create something after Crossing Jordan's "success" and this is what he came up with. He's not a comic book guy, but liked the idea of evolved humans (maybe he got that from watching The 4400 mini season one or heck, maybe hearing about the Xmen movies).

I do agree that Heroes is a step up from The 4400, but I watch and enjoy both. In The 4400 the characters are driven by the plot unfolding around them... in Heroes, the plot is driven by the actions of the characters. You wouldn't think that would make a huge difference, but it does.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I watched the first two seasons of The 4400 and gave up on it. It seems way too soap-opraish and too geared towards women, IMO, with too much drama, romance, and hunky guys everywhere. You would never see a nerdy guy like Hiro or a chunky guy like Matt as a main character on The 4400. Heroes, on the other hand, has the right mix of drama, action, mystery, etc., where everyone can enjoy it, men included.

19. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

Excellent point! New Heroes and Halo 3 on back to back days. Gonna be a good week.

20. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Anybody seen this yet?

http://www.yamagatofellowship.org/videoEvents.shtml

I haven't had a chance to watch any of it but I am going to in about 10 minutes.

edit: I have watched a couple of these episodes, and this is exactly the type of thing that makes this show great. NBC has decided to spend a little money on creating some really effective enhancements to make Heroes not just a show but an experience. Adding this to the novels and interactive Wireless stuff, makes the show that much deeper. Sure you don't have to look at any of the supplemental stuff to still enjoy the show, but they make the show that much better by providing background for the story, without actually having to use the television episodes explaining things. It leaves more time to expand the storyline on TV.

#20 Castor27, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007