1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's a laugh; Astros expect to win 90 games

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 23, 2009.

1. right1

right1 Member

Oh piss off. Those guys only have 24 All-Star appearances between them. His arrogant Beantown question and your pansy a$$ defense of him are uncalled for.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope springs eternal this time of year. Add to that the fact that the Astros have a remarkable record of turning a team with some big holes into something very competitive the last few years, and no Astros fan wants to be a seller this time of year, as every fan thinks there is a chance to be a winner (except for a distinct minority, like the thread starter). If the Astros stink it up, near the trade deadline some fans might be more receptive. But even then, for some people Berkman and Oswalt are 'true Astros', and they would never trade them for anything. Think if someone has asked the Red Sox to trade Jim Rice or Carl Yastrzemski during the latter half of their career. It can be argued that players like that shouldn’t be traded under any circumstances.

Personally, I would love to see both Buchholz and Andersen in an Astros uniform. And given the title and scope of the thread, I think your question is perfectly reasonable. Obviously, some who are a bit more excitable disagree, but that isn't your fault.

#62 Ottomaton, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  3. right1

right1 Member

Thanks. This is an Astros forum for Astros fans who are actively discussing the positives and shortcomings of the Astros. Admitting you know nothing about the team, don't follow the team and aren't a fan of the team, then asking why we don't trade Berkman and Oswalt on the day before the season starts is stepping on some toes if you ask me. I for one am excited about the baseball season. Add that to the fact I hate the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Braves, Cubs, Cardinals and Dodgers and that I'm sitting here watching Braveheart on a Sunday afternoon waiting to go to Minute Maid Park tomorrow night with my two kids and...well, yes, I'm excitable. :p

4. Bruins&RedSox21

Yes, & a Texans fan over the Patriots. It has to do with my family. They're from Randolph, MA. I split up the teams I root for, in short..

5. Bruins&RedSox21

How was my question arrogant? I really don't follow this team. Thanks to the posters who did answer my question, though. Much appreciated. Again, my intent was to ask the question, get an answer, & continue on. Didn't know I stepped on a fuse. Good luck.

6. right1

right1 Member

A powderkeg. Good luck to your Bosox.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

ha, pansy ass defense of him. not sure what that means. i guess it means i didn't come out and completely attack you..sorry, not my style

yeah they have a lot of all star appearances between them. but i'd wager a lot on the fact that absolutely none of them will be an All Star this year. Though I'm definitely hoping for some good out of Hampton for sure, and somewhat out of Ortiz

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I hope we make it. but we barley made the playoffs with Clemens, Andy, and Roy.......... we might start off good, but our pitching will screw us in the end.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I say you are more than welcome in this forum. I only vote to ban all Jazz, Mavs, Sonics, Bulls, Knicks, Spurs, and pretty much any non-Rockets fan. :D

10. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I'd take the Rangers pitching over the Astros pitching about now. Time to rebuild.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Would you take the Rangers' bullpen over the Astros' bullpen?

12. msn

msn Member

meh. there are hundreds of people reading this forum. you could post "happy Monday" and it would piss *somebody* off.

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

That's probably true. But at the same time, a non-Astros fan posting about how the Stros should dump their big name players for prospects, before the season starts, is bound to get some negative reaction. This team didn't stink last year, they finished 3.5 games out of the WC. Nobody wants to be told, "Your team isn't going to compete this year, so just sell off your assets" before game 1, no matter what team you root for.

14. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Yep, and their offense too. :cool: