1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news: Obama’s Official Proposed Gun Ban

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by magnetik, Nov 28, 2012.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

doesn't look too good for gun owners. I own quite a few off this list.. but good luck trying to get them from me. What are your thoughts?

LINK

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine
    Sturm Ruger Mini-14
    AR-15
    Bushmaster XM15
    Armalite M15
    AR-10
    Thompson 1927
    Thompson M1
    AK
    AKM
    AKS
    AK-47
    AK-74
    ARM
    MAK90
    NHM 90
    NHM 91
    SA 85
    SA 93
    VEPR
    Olympic Arms PCR
    AR70
    Calico Liberty
    Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or DragunovSVU
    Fabrique National FN/FAL
    FN/LAR, or FNC
    Hi-Point20Carbine
    HK-91, HK-93
    HK-94
    HK-PSG-1
    Thompson 1927 Commando
    Kel-Tec Sub Rifle
    Saiga
    SAR-8
    SAR-4800
    SKS with detachable magazine
    SLG 95
    SLR 95 or 96
    Steyr AU
    Tavor
    Uzi
    Galil and Uzi Sporter
    Galil Sporter or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz)

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110
    MAC-10
    MAC-11
    MPA3
    Olympic Arms OA
    TEC-9,
    TEC-DC9,
    TEC-22 Scorpion or AB-10
    Uzi
    Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
    Armscor 30 BG
    SPAS 12 or LAW 12
    Striker 12
    Streetsweeper

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
    (ii) a threaded barrel,
    (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),
    (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than

10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:

(i) a second pistol grip,
    (ii) a threaded barrel,
    (iii) a barrel shroud or
    (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
    (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
    (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
    (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
    (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

Note that Obama’s pick for this office, Eric Holder, wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, “there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.” In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn’t have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose — is that devious or what? And of course, “sporting purpose” is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America

http://www.gunlaws.com/gloa.htm

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hhhhmmmmmmm . . .

Rocket River

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...that you should be less gullible in your consumption and processing of information.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Here it is - BAM! And you say god damm, this is the dope jam.

5. magnetik

I haven't processed any information.. that's why I'm asking. You have an opinion?

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My opinion is that this article is more or less a fabrication/misinterpretation, yet will be given credence by certain types of people as confirmation of their worst fears. These types of people tend not to have much command of reality.

A simple google, btw, reveals that this "gun ban list" appears to be copied directly from a Senate Bill....

...from 9 years ago.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-108s1431is/pdf/BILLS-108s1431is.pdf

But yet it also happens to be Obama's SECRET GUN BAN LIST that doesn't exist other than from nutjob websites. Whatever.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Red Flag news, under opinion. I don't know what that is, but I'm pretty sure it's not the official white house press release.

8. magnetik

I hope you're right.. that wasn't the case in 94' Not every gun owner is a redneck.. I actually work in the financial sector and no chance of becoming the next unibomber.

#8 magnetik, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  9. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Will republicans scream and shout that this is against their rights? Yes because apparently God wants ALL people to have access to ALL guns and ammo.....Im not going to lie, this is a hard debate. I only trust myself with a gun and would happily give up that right to ensure other people dont have them or even less people. It is really hard for anyone to have a good argument for owning guns besides self defense. Obviously something needs to be done though with the crazies around now days.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

I always love this statement. So if law enforcement ever shows up to take your banned firearms, you're gonna hole up in your home and start taking out police officers over your right to bear arms? Or are you just going to give them a mean look that ruins their day?

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

12. rtsy

rtsy Member

Gun prohibition is the good prohibition.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YqzJlBcCsow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

It really doesn't have anything to do with God but the interpretation of the Constitution's second amendment.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This reminds me of 4 years ago when an employee of mine said Obama was "going to raise the price of ammunition" once he got in office. I struggled to contain my utter disbelief at her certainty this was true. Of course, she couldn't give one iota of a specific but her "father and his friends" and other gun owners knew all about it.

OP, gun and ammo sellers used Obama as a scarecrow to goose sales the first time and it worked well enough to use again. Trash.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Haven't seen any bit of proof to this claim. Have you, OP? You posted it. Surely you've found the proof that this article on a right-wing website doesn't actually reference, right? Otherwise, you wouldn't just post some random conjecture that came from a biased opinion engine on the Internet, would you?

16. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ima_drummer2k again.

[​IMG]

17. magnetik

uh no. I am asking for an opinion. The author wrote a book on gun laws so I would say he has a little knowledge of the subject. What's with the vitriol?

18. magnetik

They are still trying to do this in Obama's old stomping grounds actually. Not as far fetched as you think.. LINK

19. magnetik

how about saying you don't have any? would be more efficient.

20. underoverup

underoverup Member

You're not asking.