1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is what Cavs' fan said about vs Rox..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BruceHR, Dec 23, 2008.

1. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Here is the http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=15948

In NJ we won Nets easily, but Yao still played about 35 mins, in the 4th qtr, we lead the score by about 20 points, but Adelman still kept Yao on the court, while Nets, they are benches on the floor. Didnt Adelman know we are back to back? This should be questioned.

Tonight have a challenging game, Houston need to prove Rox is good enough to beat good teams.. I cant wait..

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

All in good humor. Fan pressure. Should be okay. What's the difference between playing 32 minutes compared to 32 minutes + 3 in garbage time? Virtually none.

3. tinger

tinger Contributing Member

"Z > Yao" ??!!

talking about fan(boy)s :rolleyes:

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You know, they are confident, and they are playing well. I hate reading other teams' forums. We have been ballin as well, hopefully we can win.

But they amaze me. There is a big difference between fans and idiots.

I think this guy is an IDIOT

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

He's wrong. Big Ben ALLSTAR!!! >>>>>>>>>Scola

:rolleyes:

6. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Don't they know that they've not beat us since LeBron came to Cleveland?If memory serves me right,we rolled past 'em every season when facin' em.

Well,they're confident in the Cavs due to the recent performance they put up,I guess we should be more confident in our Rockets because our players are all back healthy on the rotation,and Aaron been sensational since he's been moved into the starting lineup.

I'll wait and see what outcome gonna be tonight,hope the Rox won't disappoint me.

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

What else would expect from an internetz sports forum (or any forum in general)?

But I do think that while they have every right to be cocky (that will only last until 2010 btw), they should remember that they are still playing in the East and the teams that they can look to as legitimate competition are the Celtics and ......maybe Orlando?.......maybe Atlanta?........Detroit without Chauncey Billups (yes I know they have Iverson)?....

Oh, and this line made me laugh (as part of their "scouting report"):

"T-Mac will forever be broken. It is amazing how soft this 21 million a year guy is. Then you look down the bench and see a guy like Artest playing on torn ligaments. "

Funny how they don't what he truly went through-as many of the doubters here learned themselves. Yes we all know he's not a max contract caliber player anymore, but he's a unique superstar that can still truly do it all.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Rockets 105 - 99, close game. We are def more than capable of defeating the cavs...the record is misleading, they are a good team, not as good as their record, as i'm sure it has been stated before, they mainly have beaten up on eastearn conf. teams. Rockets would be 20 something and 4 also if we played their schedule. So, i'm not saying it's easy or a sure win for us, it should be a very close game...but I think we have too many weapons. Yao, Mcgrady, Artest, brooks, Scola, any of those guys can go off for 20+ points in a given night...they have lebron and MO...both teams play excellent defense, my concern is rebounds, we better be prepared to crash the boards.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

5 extra minutes in a blowout game dont really matter for back to back. However, I think with the possibilities of injuries, he should have been taken out earlier. These are top athletes, they can play back to back games. If they cant, why are they getting paid that much $$?

But I do understand your point.

10. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Who is West guy? Is he the one of the guys equal to T-Mac in this league?

11. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

No sir,he's overrated by the Cavs fans fo' sho!

and few years back when West still worn the Seattle jersey,he couldn't even guard T-Mac who had back spasm that season.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

thats funny, we're an "old" team?

they are only .8 younger than us by age

Cavs 27.0

Rox 27.8

and their starting lineup age avg is

Cavs 28.2

Rox 29.4

love their homerism, at least they arent the Thunder and saying they'll win by a blowout, also someone needs to do their homework saying that Head and Landry don't play enough

thats like us saying that Snow needs more mins on the floor instead of commentating on NBA TV

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That fan is an idiot.

I am psyched to see this game! Cleveland is playing phenomenal ball right now but I think the Rockets match up as well or better with them than any team in the league. Let's hope Ron and Shane bring their A game tonight and Brooks continues to outplays the opposing PG.

14. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I love how they say crap, I would love to see a look on their faces when they lose and they will lose surely.

Z over Yao, talk about being ignorant and stupid and MCGRADY=WEST???

Wow...

Aren't those the same Cavs that were blown out by Celtics badly?

15. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

doesnt it put rox in an unfavorable position, since they have played 4 games in 5 nights?

btw, it seems rockets play a lot of good teams on back-to-back nights. that sucks.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Yea, we never get Minisota on the 2nd end of a back-2-back. Never happens. Remember a couple years ago when we play the Suns 3 times in one season on the 2nd game of a back-2-back. The following season we did it 2 more times against the Suns. At some point the coincidences seem to pile up.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Lebron and the Cavs are like the Bulls and Jordan back in the day, we owned the Bulls in the Jordan era.

18. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

I love D west, but c'mon West = T-Mac? I'll say west=/< Brook.
    Okay, offensively LBJ >>>>> Battier, but defensively, Battier >>>>> LBJ, plus I think those fans forgot about there is someone called Ron Ron sitting on the bench waiting to destroy LBJ. If Battier can defense KB, he can guard anyone!!!

19. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

This needs to go on Yao's locker.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You know whats funny, Cavs fans probably come here and say the same thing about this team board.