1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is How We Can Turn Last Nights Loss into the Philly Game, and Win the Next 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, May 9, 2009.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

1) The Rockets must stop turning the ball over. If they do, they will win.

Yeah it's that simple.

We are giftwrapping the Lakers 20 points a game by handing them the basketball. Stop doing this and the Lakers can't beat us.

2) Yao Ming must stop acting like a scrub. I'm not talking about his basketball performance but his behavior. Yao must stop standing and cheering on the bench the whole game like he's a scrub ballboy at the end of a college bench and get focused, conserve his energy, realize he's this teams best player, and the Rockets will get back on track again. Yao, you are not Brian Cook and James White. Its their job to stand and cheer the majority of the time. not our superstars job. You are the last guy in the league who should be standing at the bench and not sitting in his chair conserving energy. Conserving your energy is critical for you and our team to succeed. Stop standing and start sitting goddammit. Its pissing me off. Especially when you lack the energy to jump an inch off the ground to start the 2nd quarter, twice, negating two easy baskets for us that set the tone for the 2nd half. And stop running across the court the help your teammate up and give him a pat on the back like he's a p***y. the nearest teammate already can do that or he can get up himself. again, it's costing you energy. conserve your energy and stop trying to appease everyone like a pansy. We need you focused, angry, and determined. Not tired. So conserve your energy.

3) Replace that Selfish Bone Head Wafer with Brent Barry. I was right about this Wafer kid from the beginning. I said all along that it was mistake to start this kid over Barry and it would come back to bite us in the playoffs. Barry's vet leadership and experience would be a big boost over Wafers erratic play, selfishness and mental weakness. Like JVG said, when Wafer gets the ball you know one thing he is NOT going to do and thats pass the ball. Replace Barry with Wafer. Damn you Adelman, don't be a fool.

Do these three things and the Rockets sweep the Lakers from here on out. If they follow these rules, hell, they would probably only lose another game or two throughout on their way to a ring.

2. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

1) thanks captain obvious
    2) wat the heck? that's straight stupidty. cheering for ur team doesnt mean you are a scrub and that you suck. standing up and clapping is not like its gonna affect yao's jumpshot or his stamina...
    3) wafer plays one bad game and the other one with his attitude and you go off on him? yes barry has exp and he can shoot, but what else? he cant really guard imo, wafer guards better. barry will not likely drive in the basket...but what i will say is, at least give barry some time on the court...

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

No doubt, the Rockets are killing themselves by turning over the ball. It's not even force turnover too. For example, Artest doing a high long cross pass to Aaron who can't catch and turnover. Is it Artest fault or Aaron's fault for not able to catch it?? I don't know...but it's ridiculous. Aaron Brooks getting strip or Yao getting blocked at point blank dunks (way too many). Artest getting steal by Ariza result in dunk. It's the little things like that that hurt the team. If you judge the game overall, both teams play pretty well enough to beat one another. But if you're the Rockets...you go hmmm, we play pretty good but somehow some way, we end up losing ...why the heck is that?? WELL, IT'S THE DAMM TURNOVER MAN!! Turnover..miss free (in game 2 by Landry way too many). The Rockets must play a perfect game to beat this team. They just can't turnover too many times.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I agree with #1 and #3. As for #2, no comment hah.

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

oh God, get over the here comes the "Philly Game"

6. Texas Stoke

And another thing that kills me with Adelman's decision to start Wafer over Barry is this: Brent Barry is one of the best guards at post-entry passes in the game. He got the ball to Duncan in the post against tough playoff defenses in the past and he could do the same for Yao today. Brent Barry should be getting 15 to 20 minutes in the game for this reason alone. Von Wafer doesn't even look at Yao in the post, he waves off Yao and the rest of the team off as soon as he touches the ball. This kid over Barry, are you kidding me, what a joke.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Have you watched Barry this year? He is a turnover waiting to happen.

8. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

This can't be like the Philly series at all. First off the 76ers won Games 1 and 3. We won Game 1. Lakers won Games 2 and 3 so far.

I'm not sure what series we can compare it to, but Von Wafer should be playing not Barry. Wafer had one bad game so what. It's not hard to bounce back especially with the type of passion that Von Wafer plays with.

9. lastmanstanding

The Philly Game as it's known around here is the game against Philly where we got embarassed which sparked us to win a lot of games afterwards.

10. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Oh, I see. I've been watching the playoffs, so I forgot a lot about the regular season about the Rockets regular season games especially little stuff like those.

We do need to bounce back and it starts with mental toughness.

11. HookemHorns1250

The cheering on the bench by Kevin Garnett, (when he was taken out during the games), last year sure didn't hurt their chances.

12. justafriend

justafriend Member

People keep talking about Barry being a veteran, but he plays just as dumb as Wafer does without the ability to drive the basketball. As for good post entry passes, I haven't seen any from him this season.

13. 3rdRingsAComin

If ur special list of things we need to do all happens from here on out, there is no way we are guaranteed of winning this series and the championship. There are far more things we have to do well just to win this series.

Shooting better, containing their role players, and getting Yao the ball in good post positions just to name a few.

Maybe if you said, if we make every shot we shoot then we will win the rest of the games vs. the lakers, but TO's, Yao not cheering and Barry, come on

14. Texas Stoke

Keving Garnett has the best endurance stamina in the game. Yao has the worst stamina/endurance in the game. Garnett can get away with it. Yao can't. Yao needs to conserve all the energy he can. He is not doing that with his attempt to be the best cheerleader.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

does it really take that much energy and effort to get up and clap?? Naw, i dont buy it...if Yao sat there looking unentertain ppl will start saying he's not a team player and he lacks passion...

Agreed turnovers is a big issue...but everyone on here knows that already and so do the Rockets...i think it's not as easy as "stop turning the ball over" the lakers defense is causing us to turn it over as well as stupid plays, over dribbling the ball, lazy passes and bad passes....