1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here, ill say it for those who dont want to speak out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blink, Nov 9, 2012.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This team lacks talent and experience. We have plenty of time to develops these young players

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

He's a 6th man, just like Mario Elie was. :cool:

3. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Yes, I won't even mention how terrible he is on defense.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How was the 3rd game of the season bad?

Man Melo, Westbrook, and Kobe put up as many points as shots and that's good. The only reason it was a bad game for some because the previous guy Harden put up 40 points on 19 shots, a crazy stat line. Now people expect him to be the #1 option AND still be the most efficient player in the NBA.

That's not going to happen. He's going to throw up bad shots now because players will pass the ball to him at the end of a shot clock and expect things to happen.

So, every player have bad games. This is overreaction. The first two games how many times did I hear "Best backcourt in the NBA!" and now half of yall are ready to ship these guys out or regret the move.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Here's a hint for you blink....when you drop 37 and 45 in your first 2 games, opposing coaches will start to key on you offensively.

Then...it's up to:

A) Your teammates to take pressure off of you on offense by hitting open shots and making plays.

B) Your coach for setting up plays and situations for you to continue to be successful, despite the added pressure on you. Also, the coach must find ways to put your teammates in good situations so they can excel and therefore take pressure off of you.

We have not had either of these on a consistent enough basis. Harden is getting the offense worked directly through him almost all the time, and that's just not setting him up for success.

Harden hasn't played well these last few games, but don't be foolish. He's not going to bust hard. He'll be fine, he just needs help.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

:eek:

7. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

gtfo , he needs help?
    he needs to play team ball
    he got 37 45 because he was under radar. teams made plan for lin not harden. thats how he got 82.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Harden is best playing the Junk Yard Dog, that's the role he needs to play on this team too. We just need to get some more talent, we need a go to guy. Harden isn't a number 1 option.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

LOL i just got it to ..lol

10. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

God, you are an idiot I really need a break from clutchfans, the stupidity on this board has become maddening.

11. Lihao

Lihao Member

Clutchfans.net , where great player become scrub after three games

[​IMG]

12. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

If Harden turns out to be a Ginobli, I would be ecstatic. Ginobli in his prime was top 5 SG for sure, at some points he was right behind Wade/Kobe and/or Tmac/Vince. He's just severely underrated since he was never a first option, but Ginobli was a 2nd option to Duncan for many years. He sacrificed for the team and never complained about being a 6th man.

Just recently(in last 3 years), Popovich has been using him as a 1st option starter and a closer and go-to-guy in crunchtime since Duncan is too old and Parker is unreliable. Last year he was using Ginobli as a starter but he got injured, and eased him into the lineup with a 6th man role, but as he got better he inserted Ginobli as a 1st option into the starting lineup in the playoffs. But Ginobli as a 1st option, he coulda been a 28pts/5 assists guy, we'll never know.

I always thought of Harden as a Ginobli Jr., a guy who's not as good as him yet but is much longer and has more potential. I was excited to see a player like Ginobli, who was shadowed by his role his whole career, rise to the challenge of being a 1st option. He's still very young, and the season's still young, and the coaching is incompetent, let's wait and see how he turns out.

13. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

I mean 1st option in Ginobli's prime. He could have easily done 25/5, but is 30/5 really that much of a stretch? We'll never know. Ginobli was also a big time performer and was clutch, I hope Harden will turn out the same.

14. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

And I meant, "much younger* and has more potential" in regards to Harden, sorry, not longer lol

15. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Harden is a fantastic player! Hes just having bad games but I do hate when he goes iso mode and he runs into the paint full of traffic and gets it picked or he loses control. Also the whole *ima dribble until shot clock winds down and shoot a contested 3* isnt doing much either. But hes young and season is barely starting Harden and the rockets well get better just look at how Parsons performed today :) hopefully he keeps it up.

16. JMG524

JMG524 Member

I don't see why Harden would get a pass tonight. He was God awful and reminded me of Carmelo with all his ball-stopping antics. He passed up open teammates only to take contested shots. It wasn't until he decided to become more of a facilitator late in the fourth quarter that the offense started to flow again. What's really disappointing was his effort on defense letting guys blow right passed him into the paint. I understand he's still adjusting to being the number 1 option but sometimes he needs to stop trying to force the issue and just let the game come to him.

17. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Ginobli is 6th man though, Parker and Duncan carry the team.

I love Obi-Wan-Ginobili, but he needs great players to do business with.

Harden is a 6th man too. I don't believe he can carry a team as a number 1 option but would be better as 2nd or 3rd option. Rockets need to get another player.

18. Gertso

Gertso Member

No shut up. There is no room for rational thinking on CF.

19. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

Ginobli was a 6th man many years ago. Nowadays he's the number 1 option on the team when he isn't injured. Last 3 years in the playoffs, he's been a starter(except some last year cause he can't play enough due to injury) and avged 20 pts per game and 5 assists as a starter playing 35 min game in the playoffs in the last 3 years.

He started all games in the 2010 and 2011 years of the spurs, 11 out of 13 in 2006, and 15 out of 23 in 2005 in the playoffs. He was the first option of the Spurs for the last 3 years in the regular season, he started 79 out of 80 games in the 2010-2011 season before he had to come off the bench in a 20 minute per game role in the 2011-2012 season due to injury. How is this a 6th man? Do you watch the game or do you just comment on **** you don't know?

This is Ginobli declining. Imagine Ginobli getting 40 min a game in his prime as a 1st option. This is what I mean by people underrating him, he clearly succeeded and was able to carry the team as a 1st option(even with injury problems), imagine how dominant Ginobli could have been in his prime if he was a 1st option. Just a big if, he might be considered alongside Wade/Kobe if he done well, you never knew, he coulda blew up.
    Popovich has been playing him as a 1st option since 3-4 years ago.

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Thanks for having the courage to say what nobody was thinking.