1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here, ill say it for those who dont want to speak out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blink, Nov 9, 2012.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh yeah, because Ariza was able to score 40 pts and 37 pts in back to back games :rolleyes:

This is only his 2nd bad game, and you're acting like he's been bad his whole career LMAO.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So when we look at his stats are we going to just pick and choose which games really count and which ones do not?

You know you can do this for every player? Every player can go through a bad stretch or have a horrible game or two.

Look at Kobe's game logs, you'll find plenty of games where he shot around 30% and had some ugly statlines. It happens.

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Did Vernon Maxwell ever get an $80 million dollar contract to play for the Rockets?

Did Vernon Maxwell ever get an $80 million dollarcontract to play for the Rockets?

Harden is basically Mad Max 2.0. The guy will have a few games where he is on fire and then a bunch of games where he is a no show. The difference is that at least we had Hakeem back then to carry the load when Mad Max decided to go to the strip club.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Media will simply ask the same questions Harden had already answered

They should ask the coaches who cannot devise a counter when defenses swarm all over Harden and Lin. Stupid coaching. They should sit Harden and let the other players figure out their free-slowing offense first and then insert Harden to play within the offense. Once in a while, he can go ISO or PnR, but surely not the whole game.

If fans are frustrated with the coaching, how much more the players.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are a moron. While Maxwell is a 3 pt shooting fiend, he was never the team's #1 option. Mad Max also did not have Harden's playmaking ability. He was also an elite defender, unlike Harden. They may both play SG (for the Rockets during different eras) but their games/roles are not even close.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Harden isn't getting paid 80 million until next season. Nice try though. If you think Harden isn't a great player I really don't know what to say to you.

7. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Well, Harden has certainly been playing like Mad Max of late.

4 for 18 tonight with 5 turnovers, sounds like a Mad Max game on a night after partying at the club.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

He is a great player, so was Mad Max. Harden just needs to take his job a bit more seriously. It seems like he's happy just being incognito at times, that's not going to cut it.

9. MKL

MKL Member

I guess you might be young or don't watch much basketball. But even Wade had a couple bad years by himself. Pierce had many bad years in his prime when Celtics were in the same situation as Rockets right now. Chicago Bulls after Jordan retired were bad.

It's rare to build a contender overnight. Also the Rockets have huge cap space, no playoff contending team has this. Morey keeping Machado over Livingston shows we're not confident as a playoff team. The front office is still looking to deal.

Having 1 max salary player is nothing.

10. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Yeah, but when you sign an 80 million dollar deal that means you're accountable. Mad Max never signed that kind of deal, so I never criticized him that much, it was clear from the beginning that Maxwell was always going to be an x-factor for our team, a guy who you could never count on but a wild card who could show up at any time and put the team over the top.

Harden is getting paid superstar money, so I will hold him to a higher standard than I did Maxwell.

I'm 33 years young btw. So, yes, Im still a baby.

11. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Harden is terrible

This guy is a max contract player, and he has disappeared in the last 3 games, hence 3 losses.

Tonight, 4-18 shooting with 5 turnovers. Half his points came at the free throw line.

Why does McHale keep on making the offense 80% on Harden? Does McHale really think he's the next Michael Jordan? He might be in 5 years, but not this year.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

He isn't a max contract player until next year. And he isn't terrible nor has he ever been. The rockets issues is in the front court not the backcourt.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets have 99 Problems but Harden isn't one.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

It's all about the coach and the system.

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Nothing could be as terrible as the threads you make.

16. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

All I see is a Harden ISO. And the end result is 4-18 shooting or a turnover.

You're telling me 4-18 isn't terrible and the loss should be placed on PPat or Asik? GTFO.

17. adamzee

adamzee Member

no, he's not terrible. he wasn't getting any calls against the nuggets due to crawford and his crew. tonight he was guarded by allen and doubled by gasol/randolph. blame mchale for the playcalling.

18. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

So Harden is untouchable? This guy is making $16 mil/year and has not delivered like a Dirk or Lebron.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When Harden has a good game I don't even want to see all the jock riding some of yall did any more.

There is a difference between "He had a bad game." and "He's terrible."

One is correct and the other is wrong and overreacting.

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I wish it was october and i wish i was clutch so i could ban you from making bad threads