1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HELP] T-Mobile Phone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ivenovember, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I was just trying to see if anyone had any advice for TMobile phones as I know many people on CF probably have T Mobile.

Heres a few things I'm looking for:
    Internet Capabilities - fast and easy browsing
    Aps - Some basic ones so I can keep up with sports and stocks, etc.
    Email - I use a Microsoft outlook server based email
    Battery Life- I would like to have some decent battery life

I've been looking at the following so if anyone has them I would love to hear your opinions:
    Samsung Galaxy 4G
    Google G2
    myTouch 4G
    Samsung Vibrant
    HTC HD2
    Google Nexus S
    Any other suggestions

2. Chopped

Chopped Member

avoid the hd2 and vibrant, maybe the galaxy also but i haven't heard enough about it. HD2 is on a way sub par OS (i have one, its running android though), vibrant has some lag issues and the galaxy might suffer from those also.

3. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Member

I don't have any experience with T-Mobile but a great gadget site is gdgt.com with a bunch of devoted gadget lovers who have vocal opinions. You can see what most people own and how they rate what they own with a ton of lively discussion.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

May I suggest waiting for the G2x?

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I saw that right after I posted this but I can't find the release date on it.

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I find the key to a good smart-phone is OS experience, not hardware. So that scratches off the bleeding edge phones like Atrix and Evo 3D.

I chose Android, and the only phone that offers pure, vanilla Android with the fastest updates is the Nexus One and Nexus S. I bought the latter and I highly recommend it.

7. BleedRocketsRed

Yeah Nexus S is probably the best since you are guaranteed updates and whatnot. But, doesn't the G2 have stock (or very close to stock) Android?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have the HD2.

Love it but using 4G drains Battery life. You do have the option of just using 2G networks and that makes the phone very very efficient.

The full keyboard is the gem on the phone. Feels firm and solid in your hand.

9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Next month. If it's like the international version, then this phone will also have stock OS.

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Member

The G2X is going to run vanilla Froyo. All the T-Mobile handsets with the G2 label are supposed to have stock android.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I have a Vibrant, but you'll probably want to avoid any T-Mobile 3G phones, as they will need to be replaced next year because of the switch over to ATT.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wait for the g2x. Should be coming out late April. If you're going to get a new tmobile phone, wait for the g2x. It's going to be the best tmobile phone to date. Nexus S doesn't have 4g speeds and it's only single core compared to the dual core on g2x.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Perhaps he should also consider the long-rumored HTC Pyramid, which is said to have a June release date. By the time the G2X is for sale, we should know the specs and release date for the Pyramid or if it's just blue smoke and mirrors.

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

The G2x as well as the Google G2 both run the vanilla Android, I'm pretty sure.

The one reason I would like the G2 over the G2x is the keyboard with it. Also the Galaxy S seems better for entertainment to but yall don't seem so high on it, what are the cons of the product?

15. The-Situation

The-Situation Member

I have an HD2 Im considering selling. Tried a smart-phone for a while and not really into all the extra features, I don't really use it at all and just want to go back to a plain and simple sony ericsson. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let it go for a good price for a fellow clutchfan

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Member

I think some of the phones have a radio that works on the ATT network as well. Not sure which ones though.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Member

Only thing about the Pyramid is it'll have HTC's Sense skin on it. I think HTC is signing their bootloader's now so it's harder to root their phones. They'll probably be using the Qualcomm dual-core. I've read some reviews that have said it wasn't quite up to snuff with the Tegra 2. The Galaxy S 2 is intriguing phone as well, but I've never played with TouchWiz.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

The Tmobile/ATT deal will be in regulatory hell for the next year; Sprint and VZW will ensure this.

I can't think of an instance where a customer had to switch phones immediately after a buyout. It takes 3-6 months just to build the systems to merge the companies and another 3-6 months to migrate customers into the new companys billing system. This stuff doesn't happen over night.

The only thing the OP needs to worry about is if the FCC requires his market to be divested to a different carrier. Even then that is easily fixed by changing your number to a non divested market.

The OP will be perfectly fine with a Tmobile phone.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I'm just going by what T-Mobile has told us.

As for the Vibrant as a phone, I like it, slim profile, light weight, great screen, but the battery sucks ass.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I'll check the upgrade pricing since I have an upgrade avaliable and I'll get back to you.